ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Filming the jungle
Iquitos Jungle, Perú 1981
Special thanks to Cucho Peñaloza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie Watts loves Eminem Return to archive
September 16th, 2005 06:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels CHARLIE WATTS LOVES EMINEM

SIR MICK JAGGER has exposed his ROLLING STONES bandmate CHARLIE WATTS as a huge EMINEM fan.

British rocker Jagger, 62, has revealed that Watts adores the musical works of the controversial rapper - and he's particularly fond of his latest album ENCORE.

Jagger tells Maxim magazine, "You know who likes the new Eminem record? Charlie Watts. I haven't even heard it, but Charlie keeps telling me I have to listen to it. There's just so much music out there."

And Jagger also has a few surprises in his own playlist: "I like a real mixture. I download everything from classical music to country to folk music to New Age music to young British bands to blues bands. I listen to absolutely everything.

"I just listened to the new MISSY ELLIOTT album, and I'm not sure if it's that great. I'll have to give it a few more goes. I've been playing a lot of this new English band the 22-20s. They're really good, but they do sound a lot like the Stones."

16/09/2005 20:47

September 16th, 2005 07:26 PM
Gazza Charlie himself mentioned that he likes some of Eminem's stuff in that recent Q interview

so Mick downloads a lot of music, eh?

Those ticket prices obviously arent high enough!
[Edited by Gazza]
September 16th, 2005 07:49 PM
Soldatti We lost Charlie!
September 16th, 2005 09:40 PM
winter 22-20's are great. They opened for the black crowes at the orpheum, and well . . .

oh yeah, I agreed to a truce. But I thought the 22-20's were excellent. Watch out for these guys.

September 16th, 2005 09:57 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Charlie himself mentioned that he likes some of Eminem's stuff in that recent Q interview

Those ticket prices obviously arent high enough!
[Edited by Gazza]

Yeah, but not so high enough that the Stones will allow A Bigger Bang to be copied.
September 16th, 2005 09:59 PM
Lazy Bones I love M&M's, too...
September 16th, 2005 10:24 PM
Scottfree They melt in your mouth not in your hand...
September 17th, 2005 02:44 AM
Brainbell Jangler So, the "rap is crap" kneejerk reaction collides with the "Charlie is God" religious faith. This should produce some entertaining cognitive dissonance.
September 17th, 2005 07:12 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Charlie himself mentioned that he likes some of Eminem's stuff in that recent Q interview

Those ticket prices obviously arent high enough.

Yes. Charlie said he likes Eminem as his favorite new artist your right.

Now. Just because Mick downloads music doesn't mean he does it illegally.
He could be doing I-tunes or many others that offer free tunes from some of the lower end Indie lables..

.......well wait a second. It is Mick, and he is pretty frugal about cash, yeah maybe your right.

Ian

September 17th, 2005 08:08 AM
Nellcote Christ, I've got the 22-20's on heavy rotation here at the fantasy palace! Knock yer teeth out!
September 17th, 2005 09:56 AM
Jair Charlie's solo records sux. Why didn't make some stuff in Eminem style?!

September 17th, 2005 01:33 PM
stonesmik These are the results of Charlies recent chemo therapy, no doubt!
September 17th, 2005 01:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah I've heard of these 22-20's, but haven't heard them yet myself. But they're on my list. We'll see.
September 17th, 2005 02:54 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
stonesmik wrote:
These are the results of Charlies recent chemo therapy, no doubt!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)