ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Filming the jungle
Iquitos Jungle, Perú 1981
Special thanks to Cucho Peñaloza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NYC 48 Hours In A Few Hundred Words Return to archive
September 15th, 2005 05:02 PM
pdog I went w/o sleep for 33 hours...
It was awesome... No chemicals were used in the sleep deprivation, that's both good and it was also very hard. But!!! I'm tough! I am Pdog, right!
The small summit was a multi board type get together. People from The Couch, RO and GGG MB! We went and visited The shidoobees...
LYL & Al, represented Gasland, as well as myself.
Hooked up with Al early on Tuesday. NYC was hot, it was 90 degrees and humid, rough on my tired and soul. SF has spoiled me. I'm used to temps between 60 and 80, anything outside that and i'm all fucked up. Al went with me to see a friend who moved from SF a few years ago to persue law school. It was great seeing him, we talked and ate. It was a quick lunch at a diner, it took us a while to get it together...LOL!
A funny story about Payphone Al. We put his backpack in my room to keep it safe. After we had lunch he suggested, and I willingly took the advice, that I should try for an hour nap. Now he had two cell phone with him. About 30 minutes after he left me to try to crash my phone rings in the room. It's Scope, Sir Stonesalot and the internets top poster Maxlugar, their down in the bar in my hotel. So I run down to see them. I use Maxlugars phone to call Al and let him konw where we are. Now, Al has two phones, so the one I call, w/o knowing, is in his back pack in my room...
So I really only called my room....
Doh!
He wound up getting security and going up to my room. He thought I was dead asleep... It all worked out in the end. He found us!
I met the coolest people in the world and we hung HARD!
Two really cool folks are Luxury and Throbby. The best looking couple in the world I might add.
Mrs. Lugar is a doll and between her and Maxy, I really wish I lived near them. They have two beautiful daughters and I'd love to have them as neighbors. That's how fucking cool they are.
SS, is great. Drove all the way from mid state PA. Next to my pulling an all nighter and a half from calif. this guy was a close second on the endurance scale. He was one of the first in nYC and the last one I said goodnight too.
Met the famous/infamous Blue aka: Glencar. Who not only made it to NYC, but was just at the famous Chicago summit, with She Rat, Boomhauer and Starbuck among the privilaged few. This guy is the man! Agent Provactuer, I hope I remember to hug him before we parted ways!
I'm still foggy on the details. I'll tell you this... The folks were top shelf. I felt like I'd known them forever after only a few minutes.
The show was great. I sat right next to the stage on Keiths side! This is what On Stage seating wants to be. Sound was almost perfect, the sightlines were great. I could see behind Charlie, so I saw the band come up right before the show. Watched them hangout during the break before the encore ect... Saw Stones kids on the main stage during the B-stage!
NYC was electric. It had been about 15 years since I was last hanging out there. It was crowded and hot and everywhere there were beautiful women.
Scope made some DVD's for everyone. He recorded all the recent TV stuff. I broke mine within a few minutes. I was so delirious I sat on it and snapped it in half. He's going to mail me a replacement. This guy is cool, with a great smile and a love for The Stones than made me feel so much in the right place.
Before i forget, my heart was filled with so much joy hearing all the East Coast accents... Being from Jersey, it really made my heart warm and feel full. It just felt like home! I felt so safe and like i was with old friends and was safe. Luxury said I was like a little 16 year old... This crew knew how to party, and with style and w/o any pretentions. It was prefect!
Saw Stonesdoug and The Shidoobees at Walters. It was way too hot in there... We hung a few minutes and wet to the show. Which getting in by 9PM, which we thought was perfect, wound up waiting until 10 PM for The Stones. We managed to avoid Canadas shorcoming, which was important!
Right before the show Al came over from his seat to mine. He's good, I don't konw how he did it! He read me the setlist off Charlies drums, he had binoculars. Shit we were only about 40 feet from his kit. Seems Keith was supposed to play Shattered on the b-stage, not Satisfaction! LOL! You could tell something was off!

I can't review the show very well. It was an experience I absorbed, but I'm still dealing with the lack of sleep. I'm a little spacey. It was awesome.
Jagger looks scarey when he's six feet from you. He's so fucking intense. He's always been ugly, but in such a beautiful & sexy way. The man is not natural. Doing what he does, at any age is just impossible! Keith and Jagger seemed to be getting along a bit better. At one point Keith was doing a litle foot dance kinda like Mick. I saw them smile at each other a few times and from as close as I was the energy between them seemed very good. Something wasn't okay for the past few weeks. Maybe they hammered something out before the show, could be why they were late!
I really dug The Marley cover... PIB was awesome... All Down The Line was unreal... It was so tight, fast and just fucking good. BOMH seemed to be pretty long, the way I want to hear it on the record, more jamming ect.. Really dug it, but it's not my favorite on the record.
I both liked and didn't like the reworking on 19th nervous breakdown BUT !!! I like that they're taking risks...
Would i do this again? Hell yeah. This was the best $1,000 I could've ever spent... Worth every penny and all the lost sleep.
I made some good friends and the best memories. This will get better with time. I'm so glad I did it. I thank The stones for helping create suck a great experience!
September 15th, 2005 05:24 PM
glencar It was great meeting you too Pdog but no, there was no goodbye hug. It'll be tougher being an agent provocateur when I've actually met the people behind the handles. I'll have to meet our French posters some day!
[Edited by glencar]
September 15th, 2005 05:49 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
It was great meeting you too Pdog but no, there was no goodbye hug. It'll be tougher being an agent provocateur when I've actually met the people behind the handles. I'll have to meet our French posters some day!
[Edited by glencar]

We have Philly, right! I'll make sure to hug you...
Nothing says friend like a hug!
I konw Luxy and Throbby will be in Philly, and i think you too... I hope! It's only 26th days away! Perfect!
I want to hit South Street... It's been so long, not as long as NYC, but the east coast kid is waking up and feeling alive. I'm filled with inspiration personally. This tour and just the nYC so far have been changing my life, in so many good ways!
The Stones are for my soul what most people look for in religion. This is way better! Way fucking better!

September 15th, 2005 05:52 PM
exile wow sounds like great fun
Thanks for the review
September 15th, 2005 06:03 PM
Joey

Great Review .......

Thanks Pdoggy !!!!!!
September 15th, 2005 06:49 PM
glencar Pdog, I wish I could do Philly. But my next concert will be Hershey followed by Atlanta.
September 15th, 2005 07:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Blue...you gotta hook up with us at Hershey.

FPM is really a cool cat. I just gotta see his face when I introduce you...
September 15th, 2005 07:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey Blue...you gotta hook up with us at Hershey.

FPM is really a cool cat. I just gotta see his face when I introduce you...

I don't wanna walk or talk about Fleabit, I just wanna see his face!

September 15th, 2005 07:42 PM
Phog Nice read. Glad everyone had fun and got to see a great show.
September 15th, 2005 08:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
pdog wrote:
I thank The stones for helping create suck a great experience!

"SUCK a great EXPERIENCE"?? Wow seems that it was such an intimate party LOL Pease develop and post some pix

"A Dangerous Typo"

BTW, Great review of your trip, I agree with you to meet stones freaks is a great experience
September 15th, 2005 08:15 PM
LadyJane "I'll tell you this... The folks were top shelf. I felt like I'd known them forever after only a few minutes."

Truer words were never spoken. EVERYONE has the same reaction.

So glad you had fun, Pdog.

I only regret I wasn't able to meet you.

LJ.
September 15th, 2005 08:48 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I only regret I wasn't able to meet you.

LJ.

Somehow, someway, someday...
Kinda like West Side Story!
Maria!
September 15th, 2005 08:50 PM
scope PDog, it was a blast. I still don't know howe you functioned for so long with no sleep. Sorry about that wake up call. It would have been even sooner if SS didn't get stuck in traffic. I forgot your room number and had a feeling if I went to the front desk and asked for PDog, I would have been thrown out of the place. So, once he got there, you were doomed.
I got your PM and your replacement DVD will go out by the weekend.
Glad you had a good time in New Yawk!
September 15th, 2005 09:00 PM
pdog
quote:
scope wrote:
PDog, it was a blast. I still don't know howe you functioned for so long with no sleep. Sorry about that wake up call. It would have been even sooner if SS didn't get stuck in traffic. I forgot your room number and had a feeling if I went to the front desk and asked for PDog, I would have been thrown out of the place. So, once he got there, you were doomed.
I got your PM and your replacement DVD will go out by the weekend.
Glad you had a good time in New Yawk!

I'll sleep when I'm dead! Thank you... I want/need to do NYC again...
I'll give it my best shot!
September 15th, 2005 09:22 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

Somehow, someway, someday...
Kinda like West Side Story!
Maria!

Tony...when we finally meet...we shall cry!!!!

LJ.
September 15th, 2005 10:53 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Tony...when we finally meet...we shall cry!!!!

LJ.

I almost cried in NYC... I get all verklempt when i'm that tired!
September 15th, 2005 11:17 PM
Steel Wheels Thanks for the great post! Awesome!

I can't wait for Philly. I'm living my life for the Wachovia shows.
September 16th, 2005 10:45 AM
Saint Sway PDog shunned me.
September 16th, 2005 04:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
PDog shunned me.

Poi Doggy Dog SHALL be greeted this January .

www.OmahaMeca.com

September 16th, 2005 05:05 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

Poi Doggy Dog SHALL be greeted this January .

www.OmahaMeca.com

He wouldn't sell me his unused floor seats... We were all partying it up at my hotel across the stret too, location was disclosed for everyone.

Howe could you not spot this fine looking group?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)