ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Filming the jungle
Iquitos Jungle, Perú 1981
Special thanks to Cucho Peñaloza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Extra Extra read all about it! ABB passed the DD&H test Return to archive
September 10th, 2005 12:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Got dead drunk and high and played the entire "A Bigger Bang" CD and it passed the test with honorific mention, excellent album from the “stone” sense

It was so cool to interrupt a silent night around 2:00 AM with Rough Justice singing it out loud (not with the sole of my shoe but the whole shoe as well as a mike)… one time you were my baby chicken...

Baby baby let me down real slows oh no no no no noooooooooooooooooooo was the chorus my friends and I were doing while I was trying to sing those parts I remember after listening to it since more than one month ago now

It won’t take long was so funny at the end doing those crazy chorus, this track rocks

Then it was time to dance a funky-punky-reggae masterpiece, "Rain Fall Down" jezzzzuuuuus this song sounds so different when you have such a blood chemistry!

One of the hardest challenges in this, the infamous “DD&H TEST” was that I didn’t skip “Streets of Love” and on the contrary, I sang it with deep feeling doing those falsettos chorus and acting like crying in some parts of the songs.

Of course, when Back of my hand made it in my speakers we did burn a bone while singing a’la Love You Live (side 3) those “Oh Yeahs” here were dozens more than the actual BOMH studio version LOL

She Saw me coming was fun as I made a pause before playing it, to teach my friends the chorus, of course they had plenty of opportunities to sing them, many times after or before the stones sing it

During “Biggest mistake” I made another solo singing it, and doing those chorus, Gazza was right even that this sounds so Mick Jagger has that Stones touch that make it a great song and with mixed emotions in there

LOLOL we sang TPIE with different lyrics, “this glass is empty. oh so empty, so empty without booze” and of course, we made a full refill of all glasses.

When ONNYA made it in my speakers my wife came down to kindly request us to decrease the volume of the speakers, we did it for about 10 seconds

Playing "Dangerous Beauty" made me feel "my wife is gonna be back and turn the power off", so this time we decreased the volume a little and danced to those great riffs and solos doing great air-guitar and air-bass games

Wow, now it was my turn to sing with deep feeling, trying to make those nasals and voice effects during “Laugh, I nearly Died” which was played three times as my audience of just three crazy bastards who got hooked immediately requested to play it again and again. One of them who listened the album for the very first time was hypnotized by the feeling this songs transmits, what a great way to lose the ABB virginity, we all made it little by little with the singles and my samples I posted but this poor boy lost it in one violent way drinking voodoo brew and smoking dynamite

To be honest I’m not sure what happened later as I can’t hardly remember, but it was fun fun fun to listen this great album in such sike-ay-delic state of mind

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
September 10th, 2005 12:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now is "Aftermath" and not precisely the album

Be gentle I'm gonna change the header later
September 10th, 2005 12:10 PM
Nellcote Goddamn, this is the cat's ass!
What do we come here for, but to celebrate the Stones!
Voodoo, you took the ball and ran my man!
Your description of your evening brought me right
in the room, it must have been a great time.
A Wicked Pissa Time!!

Thanks for sharing this with us!!
September 10th, 2005 12:11 PM
scratched
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
LOLOL we sang TPIE with different lyrics, “this glass is empty so empty without booze” and of course, we made a full refill of all glasses.

LOL!
September 10th, 2005 12:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Probably that's the reason Keith doesn't play it in his set, it will promote the piss & beer time
September 10th, 2005 12:32 PM
KeepRigid That's one of the best posts I've read in some time here.
September 10th, 2005 01:19 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
Now is "Aftermath" and not precisely the album

Be gentle I'm gonna change the header later

Instead of getting drunk and high perhaps you should spend more time attending to your uni-browe.

No?
September 10th, 2005 03:31 PM
charlotte Pope Voodoo I has issued a papal creed....
September 10th, 2005 04:57 PM
the good Funny post! This album is really good. And its getting better with each listen. The one that's growing on me the most is It won't take long...
September 10th, 2005 05:42 PM
gypsy Excellent post! Sounds like you had an awesome "listening party," no?
September 10th, 2005 08:25 PM
BlindLemon Doesn´t Dylan have the line "I was so much older then, I´m younger than that now" in My Back Pages? Well, this is how reading this made me feel: I hope I will be not a bit older than you when I am your age!
September 10th, 2005 08:33 PM
72Tele The is my favorite post of all time. I will burn a solo bone to honor it.
September 11th, 2005 07:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
When ONNYA made it in my speakers my wife came down to kindly request us to decrease the volume of the speakers, we did it for about 10 seconds

LOL what a "special" moment to get in!!! Didn't realize she arrived when we were playing ONNYA until now, reading this now

I guess she didn't catch the lyrics otherwise I wouldn't be writing this
September 11th, 2005 10:46 PM
glencar Damn. Nice work, Voodoo!
September 12th, 2005 02:12 AM
Child of the Moon Voodoo, you are now my favorite.
September 12th, 2005 10:27 AM
Tom
quote:
To be honest I’m not sure what happened later as I can’t hardly remember, but it was fun fun fun to listen this great album in such sike-ay-delic state of mind

LOL Probably you don't remember 'cause you were "drinking too fast"
September 12th, 2005 10:38 AM
Nasty Habits I think you finally made me like "This Place Is Empty" with your lyric variations, Voodoo.
September 12th, 2005 12:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
I think you finally made me like "This Place Is Empty" with your lyric variations, Voodoo.

Yes boss "this glass is empty" is even sadder and touching, specially if a refill is not available at hand
September 12th, 2005 12:51 PM
Jair Hey Voodoo, do you got a Spanish word for "CU", or "ASS"?

September 12th, 2005 05:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
BlindLemon wrote:
Doesn´t Dylan have the line "I was so much older then, I´m younger than that now" in My Back Pages? Well, this is how reading this made me feel: I hope I will be not a bit older than you when I am your age!

You don't have to go so far, this is one of my favs: "Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?"

September 12th, 2005 06:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jair wrote:
Hey Voodoo, do you got a Spanish word for "CU", or "ASS"?

¿CU? Culo o culero

Ass = Culo
Asshole = Pendejo
September 15th, 2005 11:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL I Thought this thread was on the archives, so now it'll be time to make another DD&H Test this now No. 1 album worldwide (thanks Soldatti) see you soon, it's time to start it up

September 16th, 2005 02:42 AM
Poplar
shit - this is the first test i put the album to.

i put the thing away for a week now - will resume listening after the bottle of wine i'm opening ... righ ... about ... now!

ps- i met the Governator today. pictures to come later.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)