ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Fenway Park, Boston, MA - 21st August 2005
© and thanks Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neil Young new album & North American tour dates (NSC) Return to archive
10th September 2007 02:34 PM
Gazza September 10, 2007, 1:30 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
As expected, Neil Young will tour this fall in support of his upcoming Reprise album, "Chrome Dreams II." The trek begins Oct. 18 in Boise, Idaho, two days before the album's release.

Young will be backed on the road by multi-instrumentalist Ben Keith, drummer Ralph Molina and bassist Rick Rosas. His wife Pegi, who recently released her first solo album, will serve as the tour's opening act.

"Chrome Dreams II" boasts two epic tracks (the 18-minute-plus "Ordinary People" and the 11-and-a-half-minute "No Hidden Path") as well as the song "Boxcar," which has been around in various forms for more than two decades.

The album will also be available with a bonus DVD featuring "super-saturated" high-resolution audio and a moving video image.

Here is the track list for "Chrome Dreams II":

"Beautiful Bluebird"
"Boxcar"
"Ordinary People"
"Shining Light"
"The Believer"
"Spirit Road"
"Dirty Old Man"
"Ever After"
"No Hidden Path"
"The Way"

Here are Neil Young's tour dates:

Oct. 18: Boise, Idaho (Morrison Center)
Oct. 20: Spokane, Wash. (Opera House)
Oct. 22: Portland, Ore. (Keller Theatre)
Oct. 23: Seattle (WaMu Center)
Oct. 27-28: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheatre / Bridge School Benefit)
Oct. 30: Los Angeles (Nokia Live)
Nov. 5: Denver (Wells Fargo Theatre)
Nov. 8: Minneapolis (Northrop Auditorium)
Nov. 10: Detroit (Fox Theatre)
Nov. 12-13: Chicago (Chicago Theatre)
Nov. 15: Washington, D.C. (DAR Constitution Hall)
Nov. 18: St. Louis (Fox Theatre)
Nov. 26-27: Toronto (Massey Hall)
Dec. 2-3: Boston (Orpheum Theatre)
Dec. 5: Wallingford, Conn. (Oakdale Theatre)
Dec. 9: Philadelphia (Tower Theatre)
Dec. 12-13: New York (United Palace)

www.billboard.com
10th September 2007 02:34 PM
Gazza 'Ordinary People' released at last. Great!
10th September 2007 02:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Dec. 12-13: New York (United Palace)

all the big acts coming thru NY are playing United Palace. Gorgeous place but its north of Harlem.

I dont get it? Why not play a venue in the heart of Manhattan. Theres a ton of great places to play.

Black Crowes are playing 2 nights there so I'll be making the trek. It just sucks. I pay good money to live in Manhattan - I want to be able to leave my place and walk or hop a short cab to the venue. Not haul up to a hundred and bazillionth street for a show.
10th September 2007 02:41 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

all the big acts coming thru NY are playing United Palace. Gorgeous place but its north of Harlem.

I dont get it? Why not play a venue in the heart of Manhattan. Theres a ton of great places to play.

Black Crowes are playing 2 nights there so I'll be making the trek. It just sucks. I pay good money to live in Manhattan - I want to be able to leave my place and walk or hop a short cab to the venue. Not haul up to a hundred and bazillionth street for a show.

Is that where Iggy played?
10th September 2007 02:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Is that where Iggy played?

yeah, with The Stooges.
10th September 2007 03:03 PM
gimmekeef Hey Neil....c'mon Skynrd are long gone...Southern Men do need you around!....The south is being ignored on every tour it seems...
10th September 2007 03:06 PM
mojoman sweet. besides the fat, bald, bitter and angry tour last year neil hasnt toured since the 03/04 living with war revue, shit he hasnt done a solo tour since 99? this is gonna be killer.
10th September 2007 05:10 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Cheaper for the promoters would be my guess
10th September 2007 05:18 PM
Saint Sway p,
picture what it would be like if your favorite bands stopped playing at the Fillmore, GAMH or anywhere else in SF in favor of playing in Oakland instead

I dont like it. The United Palace is a cool looking old theatre. But we already have a really cool looking old theatre in the heart of Manhattan called The Beacon.

I'm actually going to skip shows because I dont want to trek up there
10th September 2007 05:26 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
p,
picture what it would be like if your favorite bands stopped playing at the Fillmore, GAMH or anywhere else in SF in favor of playing in Oakland instead

I dont like it. The United Palace is a cool looking old theatre. But we already have a really cool looking old theatre in the heart of Manhattan called The Beacon.

I'm actually going to skip shows because I dont want to trek up there

It's happened. Bruce and Elvis Costello both played in Oakland theater and not in SF... We don't have a real arena here, so those shows are in San Jose and Oakland.Sonic youth chose a theater in Berkely recently instead of playing a place in Sf... It's a regular occurence, like you, I don't go.
10th September 2007 05:34 PM
Saint Sway damn we're getting Omaha'd

that aint right Hoss
10th September 2007 05:47 PM
Throwaway I hear ya Sway. It pisses me off when an artist goes from playing a favorite local venue to some remote, inconvenient place that reeks of BO. At least the Constitution Hall is a nice place.
10th September 2007 07:27 PM
polytoxic Yes that does suck large, however, Massey Hall is five minutes away from my apartment. Boo-ya!
11th September 2007 01:24 PM
Dan And the Nokia is downtown and far from where anybody actually lives. But if a gig is important enough I just go no matter where it is. At least there is a subway right by Nokia/Staples and with the traffic nightmare, I make it home 10-15 miles away before most people are out of the parking lots.
11th September 2007 09:33 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Presale tomorrow for the following shows:
10/18/07 Boise, ID Morrison Center
10/20/07 Spokane, WA Spokane Opera House
10/22/07 Portland, OR Keller Theatre
10/23/07 Seattle, WA WAMU Center
10/30/07 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre
11/05/07 Denver, CO Wells Fargo Center
11/12/07 Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre
11/13/07 Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre

Ticket purchase includes a copy of Chrome Dreams II.

Details here.

11th September 2007 09:37 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Presale tomorrow for the following shows:
10/18/07 Boise, ID Morrison Center
10/20/07 Spokane, WA Spokane Opera House
10/22/07 Portland, OR Keller Theatre
10/23/07 Seattle, WA WAMU Center
10/30/07 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre
11/05/07 Denver, CO Wells Fargo Center
11/12/07 Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre
11/13/07 Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre

Ticket purchase includes a copy of Chrome Dreams II.

Details here.

T would like to see Neil one more time. I don't see like driving to DC or Philly to see him tough. I doubt he will play the Burgh. Maybe Cleveland.
11th September 2007 09:51 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
T would like to see Neil one more time. I don't see like driving to DC or Philly to see him tough. I doubt he will play the Burgh. Maybe Cleveland.

I'm on the fence.
Gonna wait and see what the word is before pulling the trigger.

Tickets co$t - top ticket in LA is $257, so I'm sure NY and Philly will be in that neighborhood.
Bumfuck ID is $134.

Love me some Neil and Old Black, but given my druthers I'd prefer he let The Horse out of the barn again.
11th September 2007 11:10 PM
Lethargy Neil Young is an utterly despicable human being, whose pathetic leftist political rantings are not even worth enumerating or responding to.

And the majority of his music sucks so bad it's actually painful to listen to.

But...I respect him for the following:

1) DAMN the guy is prolific! He cranks one out nearly every single year. I wish a certain other band this board discusses would do the same.

2) He does multiple genres. He's a folkie one album, an R&B guy the next album, an acid rock guy after that, a straightforward country guy after that. Very cool. Wishing again the Stones would do the same. The Stones often do something funky, bluesy, and poppy within one album, but they don't branch out nearly as far. And they could!

3) For Sleeps With Angels alone, I'll love the guy forever. Simply Awesome, as was Broken Arrow.

11th September 2007 11:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Love me some Neil and Old Black, but given my druthers I'd prefer he let The Horse out of the barn again.

smell the horse
12th September 2007 03:53 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Neil Young is an utterly despicable human being, whose pathetic leftist political rantings are not even worth enumerating or responding to.

And the majority of his music sucks so bad it's actually painful to listen to.

But...I respect him for the following:

1) DAMN the guy is prolific! He cranks one out nearly every single year. I wish a certain other band this board discusses would do the same.

2) He does multiple genres. He's a folkie one album, an R&B guy the next album, an acid rock guy after that, a straightforward country guy after that. Very cool. Wishing again the Stones would do the same. The Stones often do something funky, bluesy, and poppy within one album, but they don't branch out nearly as far. And they could!

3) For Sleeps With Angels alone, I'll love the guy forever. Simply Awesome, as was Broken Arrow.

You'll love the guy forever for Sleeps with Angels, yet you find most of his music terrible and you also call him an utterly despicable human being for his leftist views? Que pasa? Let me just say that I hate the Eagles for being pathetic annoying know-it-all stars and despicable human beings, but I will always respect them because I love Hotel California, man what a great album. Oh and On the Border. That's pretty much the same thing. That is so conflicted that Freud himself couldn't explain it.

If you're just a real neocon, let me tell you that Neil supported Reagan and if you think that was a career move to change with the times, so what? I get you don't love Neil, that's ok (well I disagree but respect your stance) but he is not some kind of scum. I'll never understand the contempt of the common fan for rock stars who speak their minds. Imagine how many people would hate the average outspoken person if they were a rock star.

It's easy to throw stones in your position, but rock stars are human too and can criticize you if they want. Neil never told anyone how to think, BTW. The ratio of normal people who are preachy with their views compared to rock stars who do the same is more even than people would like to think. Only Neil albums I don't really enjoy much anyway: Landing on Water, Prairie Wind, Silver and Gold, This Note's for You and Old Ways.
12th September 2007 10:30 AM
Lethargy I haven't criticized him regarding his RIGHT to voice opinions. Rather, I criticize the poor quality of his opinions. Big difference, and one that's commonly misunderstood.

Also, it's not too far out to observe that someone's a loser in terms of their personal/private side despite making an occasional bit of good art. Pretty common among artists, actually.

quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

contempt of the common fan for rock stars who speak their minds. Imagine how many people would hate the average outspoken person if they were a rock star.

It's easy to throw stones in your position, but rock stars are human too and can criticize you if they want. Neil
12th September 2007 10:33 AM
gimmekeef I find it ridiculous that because of someones opinion they could be branded a despicable human being.....Hitler yes...Neil Young...no way....
12th September 2007 10:42 AM
Lethargy True enough. I did exaggerate a bit I think...

quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I find it ridiculous that because of someones opinion they could be branded a despicable human being.....Hitler yes...Neil Young...no way....

12th September 2007 10:53 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
True enough. I did exaggerate a bit I think...

Around here we all do...lol...Keep on rocking!
12th September 2007 11:42 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I haven't criticized him regarding his RIGHT to voice opinions. Rather, I criticize the poor quality of his opinions. Big difference, and one that's commonly misunderstood.

Also, it's not too far out to observe that someone's a loser in terms of their personal/private side despite making an occasional bit of good art. Pretty common among artists, actually.

I sort of agree with you. But it's not the opinion that bothers me. It's the lack of humor and subtlety reflected in some artists' output.

I like Neil Young, though. His opinions are similar to the ones from, say, that chick from The Prince Of Tides (I forgot her name and I don't want to remember; she's a good actress but apparently a big jerk in real life), but I'd rather buy a Neil Young album definitely. (Or even better: a Bob Dylan album.)

I repeat: I like Young. These are some of my favorite songs from him:

On The Beach
Motion Pictures
Winterlong
From Hank To Hendix
Heart Of Gold
Time Fades Away
Tonight's The Night

Heck, forget what I said. He's entitled to say that the moon is made of cheese, because of some terrific material.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)