ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Fenway Park, Boston, MA - 21st August 2005
© and thanks Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: more bad news for gazza Return to archive
10th September 2007 12:34 PM
dirtyden

First gazza's beloved norn iron get beat and now this....how much more can he take ??

U.S. rocker JON BON JOVI is stunned the ROLLING STONES have carried on touring into their 60s - insisting he plans to bow out before he's too old. The 45-year-old hitmaker insists he will stop performing when he hits his sixties to concentrate on studio work, unlike the veteran British rockers. He says, "I can't see myself touring as extensively as I do now - God bless The Stones for doing what they do, but 64 and playing at a festival? Astounding. "I do think that I'm a creative guy, so I'll always want to write records. Frank Sinatra went on doing that well into his eighties
[Edited by dirtyden]
10th September 2007 12:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
dirtyden wrote:
U.S. rocker JON BON JOVI is stunned the ROLLING STONES have carried on touring into their 60s - insisting he plans to bow out before he's too old. The 45-year-old hitmaker insists he will stop performing when he hits his sixties

Oh fuck!!! 15 more years of this guy??!?!?!
10th September 2007 12:40 PM
dirtyden did olde blue eyes write any songs?????
10th September 2007 12:43 PM
Dan I remember when 45 was "too old." It is - for Bon Jovi.
10th September 2007 12:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Oh fuck!!! 15 more years of this guy??!?!?!

It could be worse.

10th September 2007 01:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG Well, denis..it could get worse..

What would Gazza do if Bruce's old New Jersey pal turned up at the Odyssey?
Did you get any tickets for Bruce yet?
Oh and by the way..Fuck the Glens!!!

You know it is hard to be a perfect rockstar like Mop Top:

"I've never done anything more than a bottle of wine.”

Singer Jon Bon Jovi completely disapproves of the so-called rocker lifestyle - his only vice being a bottle of wine.

The “Livin' on a Prayer” hitmaker claims that he has never taken drugs in his life and just can't understand why other rockers insist on leading such a hell-raising lifestyle.

"I've never done anything more than a bottle of wine,” Contactmusic quoted him, as telling the Glamour magazine.

“I do smoke cigarettes sometimes, but only socially... Still, even that'll be outlawed soon,” he added.

Meanwhile Bon Jovi has hit out at British rockers Oasis and pop star Robbie Williams, claiming that their music is so bad that it "couldn't fill a bar".

He also attacked troubled Babyshambles frontman Pete Doherty with his sarcastic comments and made fun of soccer ace David Beckham.
10th September 2007 01:11 PM
The Wick There is a simple reason why he can't see himself doing festivals at that age, his music is shite and in about 4-5 years, he'll have trouble keeping control of his bowels so he can't even think about going on stage.
10th September 2007 01:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
dirtyden wrote:
did olde blue eyes write any songs?????

Oops. Minor flaw in Poodle-boy's argument, there!
10th September 2007 01:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:
There is a simple reason why he can't see himself doing festivals at that age, his music is shite and in about 4-5 years, he'll have trouble keeping control of his bowels so he can't even think about going on stage.

Funny you should say that, but I have felt an uncontrollable urge to have a bowel evacuation every time I've heard his records for over 20 years now.
10th September 2007 01:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Why does anyone take anything Bon Jovi says seriously?
Bon Jovi never was NEVER cool as far as I know.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
10th September 2007 01:24 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Why does anyone take anything Bon Jovi says seriously?
Bon Jovi never was NEVER cool as far as I know.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

true
10th September 2007 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Why does anyone take anything Bon Jovi says seriously?

We dont. Its just fun to give him a good kicking.
10th September 2007 01:43 PM
gotdablouse I realized that guy and this band were a total fabrication when I had to endure them two nights in a row at Longchamps in 1996 when they opened for the Stones...probably the most boring thing I've ever seen and my standards are pretty low!

It seems he's trying to attract attention by saying stupid things. I say this is the last time anyone pays attention.
10th September 2007 01:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:

It could be worse.

don't even kid about that
10th September 2007 01:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
I realized that guy and this band were a total fabrication when I had to endure them two nights in a row at Longchamps in 1996 when they opened for the Stones...probably the most boring thing I've ever seen and my standards are pretty low!

It seems he's trying to attract attention by saying stupid things. I say this is the last time anyone pays attention.

I was there too. Fortunately on night #1 I had what was the equivalent in those days of a Rattlesnake Inn pass and managed to avoid it. I even sat outside their dressing room, could see their outfits and briefly speculated whether or not I could beat a rap for arson due to temporary insanity.

The second night I wasnt so lucky. Even the presence of Steve Van Zandt as guest guitarist couldnt lift the mood of listening to this grinning poltroon for over an hour. It seemed to last so long, I grew a fucking beard listening to him....not to mention the nauseating in-between patter - "Guess who met Keith Richards today?".

Fuckstick.

[Edited by Gazza]
10th September 2007 02:03 PM
dirtyden Hi Marge....still trying to get tickets....trying to swop my donovan tickets for gazza's springsteen's tickets.....seems like a good swap to me !!!!!!
11th September 2007 01:53 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

....not to mention the nauseating in-between patter - "Guess who met Keith Richards today?".

Fuckstick.

you're kidding me!!...he seriously said that?!?

11th September 2007 04:54 AM
Stray Cat UK I feel sick.

What a fucking dickhead. I'm married to his biggest fan,but fortunately we no longer feel obliged to see each other's bands.

sc uk
11th September 2007 08:56 AM
mojoman bonjovi=everything that is wrong with music
11th September 2007 10:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

you're kidding me!!...he seriously said that?!?

Yep. I immediately barfed right over the young girl in front of me.
11th September 2007 11:55 AM
Joey
quote:
dirtyden wrote:

First gazza's beloved norn iron get beat and now this....how much more can he take ??

U.S. rocker JON BON JOVI is stunned the ROLLING STONES have carried on touring into their 60s - insisting he plans to bow out before he's too old. The 45-year-old hitmaker insists he will stop performing when he hits his sixties to concentrate on studio work, unlike the veteran British rockers. He says, "I can't see myself touring as extensively as I do now - God bless The Stones for doing what they do, but 64 and playing at a festival? Astounding. "I do think that I'm a creative guy, so I'll always want to write records. Frank Sinatra went on doing that well into his eighties
[Edited by dirtyden]

I friggin DESPISE BON JOVI !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)