ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Fenway Park, Boston, MA - 21st August 2005
© and thanks Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Savoy Brown Appreciation Thread Return to archive
10th September 2007 12:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Why is this band so underrated?
10th September 2007 01:03 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Why is this band so underrated?

I think their rated pretty good...marginally interesting...I love em but really only a few great tracks imo...Now I can boogie all night to 'Tell Mama' but they never caught on with most fans...
10th September 2007 01:23 PM
stewed & Keefed They were only really good when Chris Youlden sang for them.Making four great albums

Getting To The Point – 1968
Blue Matter – 1969
A Step Further – 1969
Raw Sienna – 1969
10th September 2007 01:53 PM
Chuck Dunno. I'm not all that familiar with their records.

I remember liking Hellbound Train. It sounded kind of like a British version of CCR.
10th September 2007 04:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I love British Blues of the 60s and Savoy Brown is by far in between the best three

I have a almsot all of their official stuff, only missing a couple of albums, "Just Live" (1981) and "Solitaire" (1997).

...40 years rocking the blues!

Their new album "Steel" is great!

10th September 2007 04:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://www.savoybrown.com/
10th September 2007 07:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ok folks, here's some boogie for ya, this includes "Shake Your Hips" o sea "Muevan las caderas cabrones"

http://www.rocksoff.org/h7-savoybrownboogie36-includingshakeyourhips.mp3
10th September 2007 11:59 PM
Chuck That's some fine rockin'! Thanks for the clip. Looks like I'll be getting more Savoy Brown!
11th September 2007 03:07 AM
Zack
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I love British Blues of the 60s and Savoy Brown is by far in between the best three

Voodoo, do you mean one of the best three? What others are you referring to: Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Mayall's Bluesbreakers?
11th September 2007 09:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, exatctly those three and then Ten Years After (the early was pure blues), Cyril Davies all stars, Sam Apple Pie, Chicken Shak, Keef Hartley, of course The Yardbirds, The early Rolling Stones also bands that combined blues songs and rocks songs and also mixing both like Led Zeppelin, Cream, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and on the other side of the pond Canned Heat, The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, ZZ Top and all the folks in Chicago, and the South of the USA
11th September 2007 10:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Yes, exatctly those three and then Ten Years After (the early was pure blues), Cyril Davies all stars, Sam Apple Pie, Chicken Shak, Keef Hartley, of course The Yardbirds, The early Rolling Stones also bands that combined blues songs and rocks songs and also mixing both like Led Zeppelin, Cream, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and on the other side of the pond Canned Heat, The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, ZZ Top and all the folks in Chicago, and the South of the USA

The good shit.
11th September 2007 11:25 AM
Zack Love all those too (except for a couple I haven't heard of but soon will check out).

Early TYA had a jazzy thing going as well: the first two tracks on Undead were standards--the likes of Woody Herman did a version of Woodchopper's Ball! Although "I May be Wrong" was credited to Lee, I heard an old big band version of that one also. Of course, Alvin took a few liberties with the arrangements! The Cream improvs could be considered Jazz-Blues too, thanks to Bruce's training.

What's the best Savoy album to start with?

[Edited by Zack]
11th September 2007 11:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Zack wrote:

A Foghat record.
11th September 2007 11:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
11th September 2007 02:03 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Zack wrote:

[Edited by Zack]

Blue Matter or Raw Sienna

11th September 2007 08:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Zack wrote:

Probably for a fan of the Stones and to start little by little it will be "Street Corner Talking" or "Live hits", this album is a great performance but from the line-up who made the worst studio albums
11th September 2007 11:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ok people, here's Little Red Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooostah for ya!

http://rocksoff.org/h7-savoybrown-littleredrooooostah.mp3

Please save it to your hard drive and then play it, it will sound louder and better
12th September 2007 11:00 AM
MrPleasant Savoy Truffle. Why is this song so underrated?

It was dedicated to Clapton, from Harrison.
12th September 2007 12:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Whatever you're drinking or smoking must be something really strong

13th September 2007 09:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The battle of the off-topic threads:

Britney Spears 85 messages
Savoy Brown 19 messages
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)