ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Fenway Park, Boston, MA - 21st August 2005
© and thanks Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Version of Beast of Burden Ever Return to archive
10th September 2007 02:50 AM
The Wick This has got to be it. Keith and Ronnie make the odd mistake and Mick is a little bit flat here and there, but the soul of the music and the way they play the song as a whole is just out of this world. And as for Watts and Wyman, I don't think any rhythm section comes close to them when they play like this. Ronnie's solo is just perfect here. I could listen to this forever. Sorry for not putting it in youtube form but don't know how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGavxXmh6dk&NR=1
10th September 2007 03:06 AM
sirmoonie Nice find, on one of their best songs.

Its The Rolling Stones.
10th September 2007 05:19 AM
gotdablouse Indeed, thanks !
Best Stones are Stones in the "raw" !

To display a video, use the "embed" link from the middle column

10th September 2007 08:37 AM
andrews27 There were some great ones on the 1978 tour. The audio on the one from 1981 in "Let's Spend the Night Together" and also the one that was cut from "Still Life" but available on the "Going to a Go-Go" 45 are also good, taking the song to stadium power ballad heights. They should have dropped "Let Me Go" and put that one on "Still Life." I think that same track was remixed for KBFH.
[Edited by andrews27]
10th September 2007 11:17 AM
Mr Jurkka That Voodoo Lounge version is good too
10th September 2007 11:35 AM
Scottfree I've been listening to this version for years, I feel it's the best recorded version of BoB, the "Weaving" is sublime....
10th September 2007 11:44 AM
Joey
quote:
The Wick wrote:
This has got to be it. Keith and Ronnie make the odd mistake and Mick is a little bit flat here and there, but the soul of the music and the way they play the song as a whole is just out of this world. And as for Watts and Wyman, I don't think any rhythm section comes close to them when they play like this. Ronnie's solo is just perfect here. I could listen to this forever. Sorry for not putting it in youtube form but don't know how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGavxXmh6dk&NR=1

Beautiful .

Thanks
10th September 2007 01:16 PM
andrestones10 great grea great version
10th September 2007 01:25 PM
pdog 78 tour rocked...
10th September 2007 02:46 PM
Gazza I absolutely LOVED the version they did at the first 02 show.
10th September 2007 02:50 PM
andrews27 Wiltern Theater, LA, 2002. It was removed from youtube. Is that on Four Flicks?

When you watch the 1978 clip at top, you can see that Keith and Ronnie are really into playing together thanks to the New Barbarians rehearsals and tour. The last time I saw that lately was in 2003, during Monkey Man and Midnight Rambler.
[Edited by andrews27]
10th September 2007 02:59 PM
Scottfree Are all the versions different because the Stones are so good or so bad?
10th September 2007 03:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Are all the versions different because the Stones are so good or so bad?

Both!
10th September 2007 03:54 PM
mrhipfl this is.....interesting

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)