ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Fenway Park, Boston, MA - 21st August 2005
© and thanks Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB - 2 years ago today Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th September 2007 11:54 PM
Throwaway Only a few decades till the Stones consider playing anything off it live..
6th September 2007 12:17 AM
mrhipfl I remember it well. I remember having a major history test that day and I told myself that I'd only buy it if I thought I did well on the test (I did). I took it home and my mom and I listened to it twice in one sitting. We both agreed that LIND and the 2 Keith songs were the best tunes. 'twas a good day.
6th September 2007 12:24 AM
glencar I loved it then & I love it now. Quite good.
6th September 2007 10:35 AM
Saint Sway A dark day in Stones history.
6th September 2007 10:37 AM
BILL PERKS IT HAS NOT COME OUT OF MY CAR IN 2YEARS..I LISTEN TO SOME OF IT EVERY DAY.

IT STILL HAS IT'S PROBLEMS THOUGH
JAGGER'S TERRIBLE LYRICS ON NEOCON AND OH NO....
AND EXCLUSION OF UNDER THE RADAR

THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PERFECT RECORD FOR ME

ROUGH JUSTICE
UNDER THE RADAR
WONT TAKE LONG
RAIN FALL DOWN
STREETS OF LOVE
BIGGEST MISTAKE
OH NO
DANGEROUS BEAUTY
PLACE IS EMPTY
CAT DRAGGED IN
DRIVIN TOO FAST
LIND
INFAMY
BACK OF MY HAND

I HOPE WE GET ANOTHER RECORD
6th September 2007 11:38 AM
George W Bush
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
A dark day in Stones history.

it done did for rock and roll what I do for presidency.
6th September 2007 11:39 AM
glencar nigga please...
6th September 2007 11:44 AM
George W Bush hey whitey, don't call me nigga!
6th September 2007 11:45 AM
glencar But I'm a Republican!
6th September 2007 11:49 AM
George W Bush
quote:
glencar wrote:
But I'm a Republican!

Airport restrooms is the place to be then.
6th September 2007 11:57 AM
Some Guy I seem to have misplaced it, oh well.
6th September 2007 11:58 AM
glencar
quote:
George W Bush wrote:

Airport restrooms is the place to be then.

LOL My stance isn't very wide!
6th September 2007 12:00 PM
pdog So are you talking with Fiji or Bucky?
6th September 2007 11:22 PM
IanBillen Hard Hitting, Direct, Simplistic songs without dragging them out too long.

Also has a loud excitement to it. Sounds mechanical and digital but is good. Actually semi-brash and sort of harsh at times= especially see "She Saw Me Coming" and "Sweet Neocon" as the most tell tale testimates to that but still all have that loud almost brash digital recording style. No thick, warm analogue sound anywhere is to be found on the entire album infact. Also theres no "poppyness" on this disc as compared to Don't Stop or anything like this.

It is designed to be played LOUD (and on a hot day). You cannot have it on in the back-ground. It is the main attraction and is not to be behind the conversation in a room but is to be drowning it lol

The records recording Sound is Dirty Work meets Undercover

also it's vibe and sound puts you to mind of the Some Girls album at times as well.

The album is solid as a rock. Not one clunker in all 16 tracks. A Bigger Bang put to bed many's beleifs on the Stones having ended their quality out-put in the studio days. ....and if not it at least it gained almost everyones respect again.

I didn't know they could sound like this again and I love it.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
7th September 2007 06:57 AM
gotdablouse Oh No...not Ian again !

Honestly that album feels pretty "empty" two years down the road. I still think it's main problem is the lack of interesting guitar parts (courtesy of Keith...) and "looseness", it's just too "tight"/"calibrated". Not enough soul...
7th September 2007 08:21 AM
polytoxic It's , y'know...okay. But like their live shows these days there isn't the sound of a "band", and more specifically a "rock band" playing, and of course I mean that figuratively. While the stage show can be too lush with added musicians at the expense of chemistry, feel & phrasing conversely the record sounds like too much of pro tools project with the lack of musicians (playing at once on the original track I mean) at the expense of chemistry, feel & phrasing.
7th September 2007 08:23 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Oh No...not Ian again !

Honestly that album feels pretty "empty" two years down the road. I still think it's main problem is the lack of interesting guitar parts (courtesy of Keith...) and "looseness", it's just too "tight"/"calibrated". Not enough soul...

I actually think Ian's onto something. I still like the album, save for the last four tracks. But it does have a rather stark digital quality to it...
7th September 2007 08:28 AM
egon take off biggest mistake & infamy,
(and maybe rain fell down + neocon as well)
and you got a very decent album.

under the radar + we don't wanna go home are probably
the most irritating songs every produced by the stones

And now excuse me whilst i open up a bag of weekend!
7th September 2007 11:13 AM
Saint Sway the ABB collection of crap was the straw that broke Sir Stones back
7th September 2007 11:16 AM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the ABB collection of crap was the straw that broke Sir Stones back

he is ss and you're SS now!
7th September 2007 11:19 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

he is ss and you're SS now!

as concluded in a previous debate:

Sir Stones is "The Real SS"

I am "Iron Balls McGitney"
7th September 2007 11:49 AM
BONOISLOVE Shit. I thought this was about ABBA
7th September 2007 12:16 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Oh No...not Ian again !

I agree with you about the generic guitar parts but I like ABB for what it is, the stones taking a step in the right direction, which is a core member rock n roll album, not trying to recreate Exile or use a myriad of hot producers and production gimmicks to make them sound hip and current. after those wretched 4 "new" songs from Forty Licks, I had about given up on anything decent again, so ABB is/was a pleasant surprise. VL was boring, and sounded too much like the stones trying to self conciously make a stones record. There is far superior (and interesting) material from those sessions, so they missed an opportunity there. and B2B had some standout moments, but it sounded like a mick solo album one minute, a keith solo album the next with a few stones numbers thrown in for good measure, I didn't care for the production on it either. It's weird but the material on DW and UC sound better every year.
7th September 2007 12:26 PM
jb I just never found a song that I honestly loved. For example, on VL, I really thought LIS was excellent, same for "Blinded by Rainbows", and a few others. Even B2B had "Out Of Control" and "Saint of Me" we came off well in concert.
ABB had a few songs with potential that never quite got out of the developmental stage, and far too much filler.
7th September 2007 12:29 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
I just never found a song that I honestly loved. For example, on VL, I really thought LIS was excellent, same for "Blinded by Rainbows", and a few others. Even B2B had "Out Of Control" and "Saint of Me" we came off well in concert.
ABB had a few songs with potential that never quite got out of the developmental stage, and far too much filler.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD
7th September 2007 12:38 PM
LadyJane
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD

What a horrible thing to say, even in jest.

LJ.

7th September 2007 12:41 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

as concluded in a previous debate:

Sir Stones is "The Real SS"

I am "Iron Balls McGitney"

all i need is my remote, i don't need anything else!
7th September 2007 12:43 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

What a horrible thing to say, even in jest.

LJ.

Thank you LJ...
7th September 2007 12:44 PM
pdog this place is empty without you!
7th September 2007 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
this place is empty without you!

Hey Pdog..hope all is well with the family. Really a shame we missed out at AC. Perhaps one last MSG summit if rumors are to be believed.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)