ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Fenway Park, Boston, MA - 21st August 2005
© and thanks Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How the Beatles helped The Stones to get a hit record! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th September 2007 09:48 PM
guitarman53
quote:
the good wrote:

Dude, the beatles started off by covering tunes as well. That how every band starts, moron. And who freaking cares if the beatles encouraged the stones in songwriting in like 1964. Its such a non point to make. By 1970, Mick and Keith could have given John and Paul some lessons in writing rock music. Get a life.

Don't you ever call me a moron again, you stupid piece of shit, you don't have a fucking clue as to what your talking about!! are you a fucking songwriter or something?? shut the fuck fuck up! you fucking dickhead! why would Michael Jackson spend millions on the copyright to the Beatles catalogue, & not the Rolling Stones!!how about you getting a life to the fucking truth!
[Edited by guitarman53]
4th September 2007 11:01 PM
the good
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Don't you ever call me a moron again, you stupid piece of shit, you don't have a fucking clue as to what your talking about!! are you a fucking songwriter or something?? shut the fuck fuck up! you fucking dickhead! why would Michael Jackson spend millions on the copyright to the Beatles catalogue, & not the Rolling Stones!!how about you getting a life to the fucking truth!
[Edited by guitarman53]

Yeah, MORON, I am a songwriter. And every time you post one of your stupid rants about your silly pop band I'm going to start a new thread that trashes them. Got it, moron?
[Edited by the good]
[Edited by the good]
[Edited by the good]
4th September 2007 11:04 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

[Edited by guitarman53]

Maybe because they promised him a little boy in the deal? And yes the beatles started off doing covers.
The beatles are a pop band, MJ probably doesn't know what to do with rock songs...
[Edited by LoveinVainRonnie]
4th September 2007 11:32 PM
guitarman53 [quote]the good wrote:

Yeah, MORON, I am a songwriter. And every time you post one of your stupid rants about your silly pop band I'm going to start a new thread that trashes them. Got it, moron?
I won't keep up with your stupid posts! as far as I am concerned, your very reply just shows what a stupid Moron you are! grow the fuck up! you stupid twit!!!!! and by the way! what songs did you write? when the Stones are played over the radio, you don't call that so called Pop music? I don't consider the Beatles a silly Pop band, you fool!!how old are you, about fucking 10!! you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
[Edited by guitarman53]
[Edited by guitarman53]
4th September 2007 11:58 PM
Zack Boys, boys. Beatles vs. Stones is a silly argument that has the potential of deteriorating into a useless, pointless exchange of insults.

Oops, I guess it already did.

FYI, the Beatles and Stones are both great bands, both of which started out doing covers, and both of which developed some of the greatest original material in musical history.
5th September 2007 12:06 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Zack wrote:
Boys, boys. Beatles vs. Stones is a silly argument that has the potential of deteriorating into a useless, pointless exchange of insults.

Oops, I guess it already did.

FYI, the Beatles and Stones are both great bands, both of which started out doing covers, and both of which developed some of the greatest original material in musical history.

Thanks so much for that, I loved the Stones better then The Beatles back in the 60's, but when I hear one asshole, knocking the Beatles! they were one fantastic rock band, I mean Charles Manson went out & murdered those people in '69 after in his sick mind he listened to the Beatles! & they were no mere so called Pop band! I mean Manson didn't listen to the Stones! but the Beatles! you call that some mere Pop band! as he said to me, Get A life!
5th September 2007 12:15 AM
Riffhard
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Thanks so much for that, I loved the Stones better then The Beatles back in the 60's, but when I hear one asshole, knocking the Beatles! they were one fantastic rock band, I mean Charles Manson went out & murdered those people in '69 after in his sick mind he listened to the Beatles! & they were no mere so called Pop band! I mean Manson didn't listen to the Stones! but the Beatles! you call that some mere Pop band! as he said to me, Get A life!

No offense meant here, but I wouldn't base your argument on the artistic merits of Charles Manson's musical tastes. JMHO.

Riffy

5th September 2007 01:01 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No offense meant here, but I wouldn't base your argument on the artistic merits of Charles Manson's musical tastes. JMHO.

I know what you mean, but the Beatles were world wide in their influence in music, even sick people like Manson, to say that the Beatles were a mere Pop band is totally outrageous! the fucking Beatles changed the 60's, & Jagger was one of their biggest fans, watch "All you Need is love" & see Jagger clapping along with it & singing! The Beatles were kings back then! I mean I don't see how people don't realize this from watching the film footage of this time, The Stones were not kings back then, & it takes one inmature asshole to start all this shit, who probably wasn't even fucking born back then!!

5th September 2007 01:09 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

....they were one fantastic rock band, I mean Charles Manson went out & murdered those people in '69 after in his sick mind he listened to the Beatles! & they were no mere so called Pop band! I mean Manson didn't listen to the Stones!

Dude, WTF? Mick Jagger is the guy who has inspired God knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue." Learn your rock history, man.
5th September 2007 01:24 AM
guitarman53
quote:
sirmoonie w Learn your rock history, man.

I'm probably more aware of my rock history then anybody else back in the 60's, is this the era your talking about? I'm quite aware of what happened back then! in fact I studied & followed it to a tee! because I was a teenager back then!! maybe in the 80's they decided that the Stones were outlaws, they did also in the 60's, but if you were growing up back then, chances are you heard what you heard! in this time The Stones hadn't toured since '66, & in '69 they were ready to do a tour, but because they were away from people for 3 Years, The Beatles ruled the radio, I mean "Hey Jude" was more popular then "Street Fighting Man" do they teach SFM in schools for musical theory? they do with Hey Jude.
5th September 2007 01:28 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

I'm probably more aware of my rock history then anybody else back in the 60's, is this the era your talking about? I'm quite aware of what happened back then! in fact I studied & followed it to a tee! because I was a teenager back then!! maybe in the 80's they decided that the Stones were outlaws, they did also in the 60's, but if you were growing up back then, chances are you heard what you heard! in this time The Stones hadn't toured since '66, & in '69 they were ready to do a tour, but because they were away from people for 3 Years, The Beatles ruled the radio, I mean "Hey Jude" was more popular then "Street Fighting Man" do they teach SFM in schools for musical theory? they do with Hey Jude.

Oh yeah? Well, I ain't never seen no black guys getting stabbed in the back of the head at a fucking Beatles concert!
5th September 2007 01:29 AM
Altamont
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

I know what you mean, but the Beatles were world wide in their influence in music, even sick people like Manson, to say that the Beatles were a mere Pop band is totally outrageous! the fucking Beatles changed the 60's, & Jagger was one of their biggest fans, watch "All you Need is love" & see Jagger clapping along with it & singing! The Beatles were kings back then! I mean I don't see how people don't realize this from watching the film footage of this time, The Stones were not kings back then, & it takes one inmature asshole to start all this shit, who probably wasn't even fucking born back then!!

Your logic completely fails and I have no idea what you're getting at by holding Manson as proof the Beatles superiority.
Watch the Rock and Roll Circus and see Lennon singing, dancing and clapping along to the Rolling Stones. That automatically makes them the "Kings", right? By your points, I guess it does!
5th September 2007 01:41 AM
guitarman53
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Oh yeah? Well, I ain't never seen no black guys getting stabbed in the back of the head at a fucking Beatles concert!

That's a very simple answer, The Beatles didn't tour, they were already broken up, I never once said I like the Beatles better then the Stones! but respect should be paid to those who deserve it, Mick said himself that the Beatles were more popular, read your Jagger interview from Rollin' stone, he said that it wasn't something like Michael Jackson being popular, there's never been anything like The Beatles ever, & if your a really good Stones fan you should have read it.
5th September 2007 01:59 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

That's a very simple answer, The Beatles didn't tour, they were already broken up, I never once said I like the Beatles better then the Stones! but respect should be paid to those who deserve it, Mick said himself that the Beatles were more popular, read your Jagger interview from Rollin' stone, he said that it wasn't something like Michael Jackson being popular, there's never been anything like The Beatles ever, & if your a really good Stones fan you should have read it.

That's all "alleged" dialectic entirely deliquent of readily ascertainable truths and stuff like that. The only thing the Beatles have over the Stones is a lower combined age.

You really think anyone ever got sucker punched to Strawberry Fields? Pfffftttt.......not in our lifetime they ain't. And I know of what I speak. I speak what I know. What I know is what I speak.
5th September 2007 03:20 AM
guitarman53
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

That's all "alleged" dialectic entirely deliquent of readily ascertainable truths and stuff like that. The only thing the Beatles have over the Stones is a lower combined age.

You really think anyone ever got sucker punched to Strawberry Fields? Pfffftttt.......not in our lifetime they ain't. And I know of what I speak. I speak what I know. What I know is what I speak.

I guess we could disagree till the cows come home! I've read the Rollin' stone Interview with Mick! why not read it yourself? are you afraid you might be wrong? the only last thing I'll say about this, is Read the fucking interview!!! it's right there in black & white!!!
[Edited by guitarman53]
5th September 2007 03:44 AM
guitarman53
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

you don't know your rock history, yes, the Stones got suckered punched by this big time!"We Love You" ever heard of this?
5th September 2007 03:47 AM
BONOISLOVE This is the greatest thread ever made, because I post here and stuff and my opinions count.
5th September 2007 04:04 AM
guitarman53
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
This is the greatest thread ever made, because I post here and stuff and my opinions count.

Right on Brother.
5th September 2007 04:06 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Right on Brother.

Come to Bono.
5th September 2007 04:19 AM
guitarman53
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

Come to Bono.

does this mean there's going be a peace treaty between all Beatle & rolling Stone people?
5th September 2007 04:48 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

you don't know your rock history, yes, the Stones got suckered punched by this big time!"We Love You" ever heard of this?

The Rolling Stones were sui generis, man. Sui fucking generis. The Beatles are the kind of ponce-twits who would order shrimp Louie at a truck stop.
5th September 2007 08:39 AM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

The Rolling Stones were sui generis, man. Sui fucking generis. The Beatles are the kind of ponce-twits who would order shrimp Louie at a truck stop.

That is right up there with some of the greatest Moonie posts ever.

Riffy
5th September 2007 09:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Three things not to discuss in polite company.

1. Religion
2. Politics
3. Stones vs. Beatles
5th September 2007 11:17 AM
LoveinVainRonnie To me the two bands are apples and oranges.
The Beatles to me seem to have had a more safe appeal than the Stones at a time when people just wanted to be uplifted. When you have a wide appeal to young and old, and a safe one you becoming "Pop" after all pop music is the "Popular music" of the time. I can see more parents listening to "All you need is love" than "Street fighting man." Whether the beatles were naugthy or nice behind the scenes doesn't matter .

It is more than just who is more talented or has a hotter image, as you have to look at the time in culture.

I don't think the iconic artist explode purely on being excellent artist, but also have to do with the culture at the time. I think things really click if they are intuned with where people are at the time.

At any rate I believe it was the rock and roll history documentary that mentioned something or maybe it was some Bob Dylan one can't remember, in which I believe it was alluded that Lennon or the beatles wished they could rock harder or be badder like The Stones, but couldn't because of their image.

Would the beatles have been what they are, without the millions of fan girls and media saturation that helped to create beatle mania ?

[Edited by LoveinVainRonnie]
5th September 2007 11:33 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

does this mean there's going be a peace treaty between all Beatle & rolling Stone people?

This means that the world in Irak has ended!

(I meant: "war". Oops.)
[Edited by BONOISLOVE]
5th September 2007 11:36 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

Shut your fucking mouth about the Beatles!! your a fucking fool! you don't even know what your talking about! there are musicians around trying to get that great harmony in vocals! that the Beatles had!! for all I know your a closet case of a homosexual!! you must be by the way you talk!! what do Homosexuals call this homophobia! you fucking fool!! your sentance is to go to your local gay Village, & call everybody a Queer!& have to pick up all the garbage, & call everybody a bunch of Faggots!!!see how that goes.
[Edited by guitarman53]

Calm down Starbuck...damn!
5th September 2007 11:39 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
[quote]guitarman53 wrote:

Did you know that half the people in the business were or homosexuals, this has been going on since the beginning of time!

You're from Australia aren't you?
5th September 2007 07:48 PM
guitarman53 The 10 best rock bands of all time.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4595384/
The 10 best rock bands ever - MUSIC - MSNBC.com
5th September 2007 08:26 PM
Nellcote So, gitarboy, here's your list you cite from PMSNBC

1. The Beatles
2. The Rolling Stones
3. U2
4. The Grateful Dead
5. Velvet Underground
6. Led Zeppelin
7. Ramones
8. Pink Floyd
9. Bob Marley and the Wailers
10. Sly and the Family Stone

Who is this writer, and what makes him think he's got it right? He has The Ramones, but no WHO. He has Velvet Undergound, but no Beach Boys. He has U2 three pegs above Led Zep? He has Sly but no Kinks? Tell me a young rock band who has not had "You Really Got Me", "My Generation" in their show.

Look gitarboy, while you are striving to show how good the Bugs are, please consider better sources than some person's list who cites his musical reference as being a blogger. Don't get me wrong, I dug the Bugs before I dug the Stones. I had a Beatle wig, and played air gitar to I Wanna Hold Your Hand, however, when a family member played Satisfaction, as Tony Soprano said, the Bugs "were dead to me".....

I thank you for your continued support & cooperation.
10th September 2007 08:20 PM
steel driving hammer John Lemmon would of gone wacko like Bono and try to save the world, umong other things...

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)