ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Fenway Park, Boston, MA - 21st August 2005
© and thanks Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The O², London, Agust 21st. Setlist, Photos & Reviews. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
21st August 2007 06:03 PM
dimrstone I hear you talking when I'm on the street,

Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak.

What's the matter with the boy?

He don't come around no more,

Is he checking out for sure?

Is he gonna close the door on me?

I'm always hearing voices on the street,

I want to shout, but I can't hardly speak.

I was making love last night

To a dancer friend of mine.

I can't seem to stay in step,

'Cause she come ev'ry time that she pirouettes over me.

And I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming,

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping.

I'm zipping through the days at lightning speed.

Plug in, flush out and fight and fuck and feed.

Heading for the overload,

Splattered on the dirty road,

Kick me like you've kicked before,

I can't even feel the pain no more.

But I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming, (only get them off)

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping. (only get them off)

Feel so hypnotized, can't describe the scene.

Its all mesmerized all that inside me.

The sunshine bores the daylights out of me.

Chasing shadows moonlight mystery.

Headed for the overload,

Splattered on the dirty road,

Kick me like you've kicked before,

I can't even feel the pain no more.

But I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming (only get them off, get them off),

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping (only get them off, get them off).

21st August 2007 06:06 PM
egon MEG says "usual 6"

meaning (?);

14. Satisfaction
15. Honky Tonk Woman
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Jumpin Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar (encore)

[Edited by egon]
21st August 2007 06:12 PM
fireontheplatter crowd goes wild.....thanks for the songs people.

go stones go
21st August 2007 06:13 PM
egon ok, no more news from Flair, so i'm going with meg's info.

Thanks to flair, meg and gazza for the updates.

3 more days and i'll be in London too!
21st August 2007 06:14 PM
LadyJane Haven't heard a thing from Billy either.

Must be making their way out now.

Who is gonna be my back-up on Sunday???

Egon?
SV?

Both be too drunk!!!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
21st August 2007 06:15 PM
Martha
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Gazza: "Keith has been flawless up to HTW so far. Loudest guitars I've ever heard at a Stones show. Sound is impeccable. Band fucking unbelievable."

I firmly believe I will see them again. They're just gettin' warmed up for the States. :-) What a set!!!!

21st August 2007 06:17 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks to Egon for bringing in the setlist, and Flairville, Meg and Gazza for "color commentary"...lol.

First pic from the O2:

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
21st August 2007 06:25 PM
gimmekeef Gazza: "Keith has been flawless up to HTW so far. Loudest guitars I've ever heard at a Stones show. Sound is impeccable. Band fucking unbelievable."

I MUST SEE THEM ONE MORE TIME!
21st August 2007 06:29 PM
open-g Thanks for the setlist updates Egon, Flairville, Meg and Gazza

now I wonder what the stage looked like.
21st August 2007 06:35 PM
Erik_Snow Yea thanks to you who brought the setlist
21st August 2007 06:35 PM
Martha
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gazza: "Keith has been flawless up to HTW so far. Loudest guitars I've ever heard at a Stones show. Sound is impeccable. Band fucking unbelievable."

I MUST SEE THEM ONE MORE TIME!

I SECOND that emotion.

I will BEG now.

:-)

21st August 2007 06:37 PM
charlotte another outstanding job!!! Egon for bringing in the setlist and thanks GTRM!!!!!
[Edited by charlotte]
21st August 2007 06:38 PM
LadyJane Thanks everybody.

LJ.
21st August 2007 06:44 PM
nankerphelge Nice setlist
And if Keith is sober, the show is awesome.

No reason to stop.
21st August 2007 06:46 PM
gimmekeef Thanks to everyone for the updates and sharing!..It was only a few weeks ago we were dispondent about Keith and the bands ability to deliver (Keith driven)....Apparently....again we see them rise to the occasion...Its why I love these guys!!!!!
21st August 2007 06:49 PM
Martha
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Nice setlist
And if Keith is sober, the show is awesome.

No reason to stop.

Nanky you are so wise,

No reason AT all.

I like the sound of this.

:-)

Never never never stop.
21st August 2007 07:49 PM
GotToRollMe Message from Gazza tonight:

"The Stones were better than anyone could have expected. Some of the best versions ever in some cases. IORR on way out to B-stage was stunning. Even YGMR was very good. Beast of Burden was beyond belief. Just wish everyone could have seen this."
21st August 2007 08:08 PM
GotToRollMe Grabbed these from IORR. Don't know who the photographer was, but thanks.

21st August 2007 08:44 PM
steel driving hammer Atlantic City loose at craps, back in London trying to win it back...

Hot Diggity Dog You Bastards!!!
21st August 2007 09:18 PM
GotToRollMe Gotta make some money to buy some brand new shoes
Tryin' to find somebody to take away these blues...
21st August 2007 09:28 PM
Poplar 1) start me up
2) you got me rockin
3) rough justice
4) rocks off
5) let it bleed
6) beast of burden
7) can't you hear me knocking
8) i go crazy
9) tumbling dice

10) you got the silver
11) wanna hold you

12) it's only rock n roll
13) respectable
14. Satisfaction
15. Honky Tonk Woman
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Jumpin Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar (encore)

nice. boys... one more time in the states, ok?
21st August 2007 09:33 PM
GotToRollMe Found this one on Flickr, by butterfly_loves_greenwich. Posted it so we could get an idea of what the stage was like.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
21st August 2007 10:11 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
egon wrote:

yesssss
when you getting in?

I land Friday morning. I think we'll be at the Prince concert when you arrive Friday. Do you still have the mobile # I use in Europe/UK? I'll e-mail you to make sure.

Tingle....

SV
21st August 2007 11:16 PM
The Wick Any comments from any of them about finally playing at home? Any Wyman sightings? I doubt he'd show up at the O2, because he'll probably show up at one of the later shows, maybe the last one.
22nd August 2007 01:29 AM
pdog
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Any comments from any of them about finally playing at home? Any Wyman sightings? I doubt he'd show up at the O2, because he'll probably show up at one of the later shows, maybe the last one.

Just my thought, but if they airbrushed him out of a pic, it's probably safe to say he won't be onstage with them. Anthing is possible... BUT!!! We would hear about it, it would at least hit the rumour circuit. Brian Jones Ghost is more likely to be in the house. That's just my feeling on it.
22nd August 2007 01:49 AM
The Wick
quote:
pdog wrote:

Just my thought, but if they airbrushed him out of a pic, it's probably safe to say he won't be onstage with them. Anthing is possible... BUT!!! We would hear about it, it would at least hit the rumour circuit. Brian Jones Ghost is more likely to be in the house. That's just my feeling on it.

Oh, onstage, no chance. I think Mick and Keith still hold it against him for quitting and they're still mates, but him getting on stage is too far for them. But you never know I suppose. I meant more if he was at the show.
22nd August 2007 02:52 AM
montana a few pix from polfoto.dk

22nd August 2007 04:05 AM
Poplar
they look fucking great.
22nd August 2007 04:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man Right, first things first. The Pilot Inn. It should’ve been easy to find, but this idiot exited out of the tube station and walked in completely the wrong direction. It took me a good half an hour to get there! The pub itself is excellent though. Good beers and a great atmosphere. The beer garden is really nice. It’s a shame the weather wasn’t a little better when more could’ve appreciated it.

It was an absolute joy to meet up with everyone again

Now, the venue. The O2 is huge and as I walked into the arena I really did fear my seat would be a complete letdown. It wasn’t. I wasn’t right at the back as initially feared and no way would I class it as a ‘nosebleed’ view. Everything was very clear and I didn’t feel detached from the action. The acoustics were wonderful, probably the best I’ve come across without being centre stage. I couldn’t believe I could hear every note from the b-stage!

The Stones were in fine form. Focused, energetic and clearly thrilled to be back in London. Keith performance was one of consistency and I don’t mean consistently bad! It was a good night for him. It must’ve been because I was there.

Really looking forward to Sunday. I will definitely drink less though. My head is pounding as I type this.

Until Sunday then!

Btw, Keith ignored the warnings and smoked on stage. What a Surprise!!! I behaved myself.

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
22nd August 2007 05:34 AM
Sir Jack Regan Thanks to all involved in doing this..... I was supposed to be at this show, but had to cry off at short notice due to work committments. Sounds like I missed a corker, been wishing for Let it Bleed for a long time, think the opportunity has gone now!

Roll on Sunday!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)