ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: question about bootleg vinyls Return to archive
09-17-02 11:05 PM
lasco Many years ago (20?) I purchased some bootleg Rolling Stones LP's. I don't think I ever even listened to them... I just wanted to have them. I wanted them just because I was freakish about collecting everything Stones. I could kick myself now when I think of all things I once had and have since lost/thrown out/given away/whatever. But I kept my LP's. I was recently looking for information about them, but haven't found a whole lot. I want to know what they might be worth. The ones I have are as follows:

GET YOUR LEEDS LUNGS OUT
Front Cover: B/W picture of Mick and Keith singing
Back Cover: 3 B/W pictures - Keith, Ronnie(?) on phone, Mick shaving (?)while sitting at a table with a blonde hair black woman
Side One: Dead Flowers, Stray Cat Blues, Love in Vain, Midnight Rambler
Side Two: Bitch, Honky Tonk Woman, Saitsfaction, Little Queenie
Album: has a white "Excitable Recordworks" label. The numbers on the album are 4511-1A/1B

SLICK
Front Cover: large B/W close-up of Mick's face
Back Cover: band in some type of recording area, notation that this was recorded along the 1978 world tour
Side One: Let it Rock, All Down the Line, When the Whip Comes Down, Just My Imagination, Sweet Little Sixteen
Side Two: Respectable, Far Away Eyes, Love in Vain, Happy, Jumping Jack Flash, Satisfaction
Album: white "Excitable Recordworks" label. The numbers on the album are 4507-A/B (the numbers CIR 8733-A/B also appear, but they have a line through them as though to cross them out.)

LACERATED (2 record set)
Front Cover: B/W group photo of band
Back Cover: Med. sized picture of Mick and Keith, song list, notation - Recorded in Lexington, Kentuckey during the 1978 tour. IMP 2-108
Side One: Carole Be Goode, All Down the Line, Honky Tonk Women, Miss You
Side Two: Respectable, Just My Imagination, Shattered, Happy
Side Three: Love in Vain, Tumbling Dice, When the Whip Comes Down
Side Four: Brown Sugar, Beast of Burden, Hound Dog, Jumping Jack Flash
Album: side one has a yellow swirl label, side two is yellow and says Impossible Recordworks with the numbers Z 108 A/B, C/D

SMOOTH
plain white jacket/sleeve
beige colored insert with a B/W stage shot of Mick and Keith (and another band member too dark to see). The insert also gives the track listing and has a logo of a cartoon looking pigs head, wearing sunglasses and smoking a cigar, with the words Trade Mark of Quality appearing in the circle around the pig. The album itself has a maroon colored label. The numbers on the album are TMQ-73025-A/B (the numbers 1880-A/B also appear but are crossed out)
Track List: I am Waiting, Under My Thumb, Paint it Black, Love in Vain, Honky Tonk Woman, Hip Shake, Blueberry Jam, Sympathy for the Devil

PLAY WITH FIRE
green colored insert with a picture of Mick holding a trophy or something (parts of the picture are kind of faded and it's difficult to tell what he's really holding). This insert also has the same pig logo as above, and the following track list: Mercy, Mercy, I Just Want to Make Love to You, Play With Fire, The Spider and the Fly, Feel Alright, Time is on My Side, Roll Over Beethoven, Pain in My Heart, Under My Thumb, I'm Free, I Can't Get No Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Woman
The album itself has a plain blue label and has the numbers HCCER-108-A/B (also has the numbers 2815-A/B crossed out)

WELCOME TO NEW YORK
yellow insert with a cartoon drawing of the band (including maybe Mick Taylor? Doesn't look like Ron Wood). The cartoon shows them looking kind of like street thugs and standing near a wall with grafitti that says stuff like "Eeat Shit 3,000,000,000 Flies Can't Be Wrong" and "for Stinky Fingers call Sweet Virginia at 213-836-5566" This insert also has the above mentioned pig logo. I had to listen to parts of this one because it doesn't mention a track listing anywhere. The songs include - Side One: Johnny B. Goode, Rip This Joint, Jumping Jack Flash, Love in Vain, Sweet Virginia -- Side Two: You Can't Always Get What You Want, All Down the Line, Midnight Rambler
The album has a plain blue label and the numbers 71080-A/B (also has 2815-C/D crossed out)

I listened to some of the Welcome to New York album and it sounded pretty good. Unfortunately I live in a household of people who don't appreciate the Stones, so I didn't listen to everything else. (I also had to borrow my son's stereo to listen to the small bit that I heard.) I'd like to hear the rest of them at some point in time if I'm ever home alone long enough to enjoy them. In the meantime, I'm just curious as to any collector's value they might have. Figurerd this would be a good place to ask.

09-18-02 04:16 AM
RubyFriday 1)Get your Leeds ...
is a BBC radio broadcast from may 30,1971(concert may 13)

2)Slicks
also appeared under the name "On Tour 1978" on Circle Records,there is the number Cir 8733 from

3)Lacerated
Also available as " A summer romance with The R.S.

4)Smooth
The original has the number 1880.Yours is 1 of 3 following reissues on Smoking Pig,don�t know which 1.(Sympathy,Lady is part of One + One soundtrack)

5)Play with fire
Side 1 is from Paris march 29,1965(except Roll over Beethoven,live europe 1970).Side 2 :Everybody.../Pain in my heart are from Manchester march 7,1965(Originally on EP:Got live...).The other 4 tracks are from New York,MSG nov.28,1969

6)Welcome to NY
Live MSG july 26,1972,Yours must be 1 of several "reissues".Can�t figure out what.

Worth:It�s always hard to say,but in mint condition I would guess they are about 30-50 $.Laccerated about 70-80 $.

Hope this could help you a bit