ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's the deal for Philly on Friday? Return to archive
09-17-02 04:13 PM
Soupbone Now that the show is getting closer, I am just looking for some opinions on what you guys think the "scalping" situation will be like on Friday for the FU Center show.

I never go to shows without a ticket and I am thinking about making this show my first forray into the world of scalped tickets. I'm going solo so I only need one.

I love the Stones but I just can't justify paying $350.00 for a ticket if it is going to be available for $100.00 outside the arena.

Any thoughts, past experiences, or silly responses with variations of the name Soupbone would be much appreciated. You guys had me rolling with laughter all weekend with the Hambone, Milkbone, Dogbone, Rambone....etc. responses to my last post. Keep'em comin'!

Note: That last part isn't sarcasm. I really did enjoy that. You are a fun bunch to post with.
09-17-02 04:23 PM
jb No shows in Philly sold out..you will get in any venue for 100.00 or less..just wait and you may even get in below face value..Philly sucks!!!
09-17-02 04:30 PM
nankerphelge I did it in Atlanta in '97 and DC in '94 -- just be sure to have a seating chart with ya so you can verify seats. You'll probably do fine -- wait until the opener starts and then you might see some panic fire-sales!

I got to both places quite early and just sat back and watched for a while -- figure out who is selling tix en-masse -- you'll see them -- they stick out like a turd in a punch-bowl. They are the ones that panic because they have to unload them.

Single tickets are pretty easy -- lots of people have last-minute back-outs. They also don't want the hassle of haggling or the risk of getting nailed -- so you offer them $50 they might take it.
09-17-02 04:32 PM
jb I am going to punch the man in glasses!