ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dr. Johns Stones curse?? Return to archive
09-17-02 10:43 AM
Saint Sway I was surprised to learn that Dr. John played with the STones last nite...

doesnt he hate the Stones?

in his book he claimed to put a voodoo curse on them bc they didnt credit him & his friends with session work during the Exile LA sessions. He wrote some pretty shitty stuff about them being backstabbers

I saw him play last year with Keef at the Rainforest benefit but it was with a dozen other musicians so I didnt think anything of it. But why would he sit in with a band that he hates???
09-17-02 10:46 AM
jb ..
[Edited by jb]
09-17-02 10:49 AM
Moonisup he played with Keith last year on the "save the rainforest' concert, maybe he has seen the light (I doubt that)
09-17-02 10:51 AM
jb He must have apologized or keith would have spit on him!!!
09-17-02 10:54 AM
Saint Sway the Doctor sat in on one song... "Key To The Highway" with Keef at the Rainforest show. But I dont remember Keef acknowledging him in any way

but, I was so busy screaming "KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!", that I coulda missed it
09-17-02 11:00 AM
T&A Gosh Josh - a scumbag for being pissed at not receiving credit or being paid for playing on the greatest record of all time? that's pretty harsh.

I'm glad they are getting along, apparently. Mac Rebbenack is a truly gifted musician and one well-worth seeing in his own right.
09-17-02 11:12 AM
jb Well, you know how I feel about antyone who bashes the Stones(except for the glorious Mick Taylor)
09-17-02 05:31 PM
Child of the Moon It wasn't Dr. John who put a curse on them - it was Richard Washington aka Didimus aka "Amyl Nitrate," who played marimbas on Sweet Black Angel. Dr. John's apparently still pretty cool with them, and I never heard a whole lot about the Night Tripper bashing on the Stones. Eh. Such a night...
09-17-02 05:43 PM
sonicrock hey man exile was 30 years ago well things may have changed that all