ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: aragon -- AMAZING Return to archive
09-17-02 10:26 AM
cherryred Just a quick review of the best show I've ever been to: Waited in the sun outside...thirsty...got in and got a great spot on ronnie's side a few feet from the stage...even hotter inside. Waited for a LONG time for the show to start. Start me up to open was kind of ruined by the two guys next to us beating the crap out of eachother. Torn and Frayed was a treat as were all of the rarities. Mick missed a few cues, but like a great band, they just kept on going. You can see the setlist posted elsewhere. CYHMK was awesome as was the true bonus of the night, IORR with BONO - don't think I'll ever see that again. The stones were 20 years younger last night. Overall the best show I've been to. A bit disappointed in the crowd control--stones could have done something to prevent the pushing up to the front.

Definately the concert event of my life!
09-17-02 01:37 PM
StrangeStrayCat You must have been right next to me ... I was about 5 people back right in front of Ronnie.

Did you start to feel a little disoriented during CYHMK? I mean, after the horn part I kept waiting for Ronnie to jump in with the guitar part, but bar after bar went by and nothing. Finally Mick came in and played the harp solo. It added an eerie feeling of tension to the number, not knowing what the hell was happening for those moments
09-17-02 01:49 PM
cherryred i was watching kieth and ronnie pretty closely and noticed that they kept on missing their cues after the sax solo. Then kieth turned to face charlie and got back on. It was as if they were expecting to end the song right after that solo...It was great being able to be so close that you could pick up on the subtle cues they were giving eachother to get back on track. Even up so close, the sound was incredible...can't hear squat today...but it was the stones...
09-17-02 01:58 PM
StrangeStrayCat I thought the same thing about them missing their cues, but then when Mick jumped in on the harp it totally confused me and I thought maybe that's how they'd planned it?!?
09-17-02 02:01 PM
StrangeStrayCat And it *was* totally awesome to be able to be that close and see the interaction.

Waiting the 4 hours outside, some folks were saying how they were going to make a beeline for the sound board because that's where the best sound is, but if you have the opportunity like this to get so close you'd have to be a fool to forgo that!
09-17-02 06:58 PM
midnightmagic I was right there too! My ears hurt. There was some incredible stuff there. "Worried about You" to me was one of the beat highlights. This sounded like the cd was on. Mick was freakin amazing "BABY", I do belive this was the second time this was played live. "Rocks Off" was another one that sounded perfect. Dance and CYHMN where incredible. I thought Ronnie may have been a little off, he came through. Another one " Rip this Joint". I traveled from Dallas to see this a lot of people there from the home town. One guy said he saw an ad on tv that they were selling tickets on the net.

I got in line at 5:15, and was pleased with everthing. Made my way right up to the stage on Ronnies side. There were a lot of people in the middle when I got there, so I moved to the side and was pleased with my spot.

It was so nice to be around die hard fans everybody was in the groove and all felt the same died and gone to heaven feeling after it was over. The band is strong, Shit It was awesome.