ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aragon Impressions Return to archive
09-17-02 01:16 AM
StrangeStrayCat Just got back from the Aragon show and thought I'd leave a few impressions. I was about 20 feet from the stage and am still trying to collect my thoughts.

Mick SANG his heart out on this show and he sounded GREAT! Alot of energy went into the vocals.

Charlie is absolutely not FRAIL! He struck me as having a boyish energy.

Some of the highlights for me:

Rocks Off was fantastic and intense. Hand of Fate was extremely powerful and Ronnie had a fantastic solo on that. Dance Part 1 was an unexpected high point, great jam. Worried sounded perfect, and I believe this was the first time they played it on the tour. CYHMK, a harp solo by Mick was sandwiched between the sax and the guitar solos during the jam.

And Bono showed up to do a cute duet with Mick (Only Rock N Roll).

I spent a sh*tload on Ebay to get this ticket, but the show exceeded my wildest expectations. Whew!
09-17-02 03:24 AM
Gimme Shelter Thanks for the review. What a show it must have been.
09-17-02 04:01 AM
fmk438j Please let us know how Worried Bout You came off.
09-17-02 11:04 AM
T&A Great to hear that WAY came off great. They need a new bluesy ballad to replace the Memory Motel/Fool to Cry segment of the show - let's hope this one gets into the arenas more often now...

Personally, I am disappointed Bono got on-stage with them. Can't stand that dude. Glad the good doctor made an appearance, though.
[Edited by T&A]
09-17-02 11:36 AM
StrangeStrayCat Worried About You was one of the high points for me. Mick sat at the piano for this one, and the really pounded out the falsetto vocals, which were executed perfectly and stongly. It's strange because for me the highlights of the show happened to be songs that I would have never anticipated ... so, it was a very pleasant experience

I feel somewhat the same way about the Bono appearance, but the crowd went crazy of course. It did add a nice comic break to the set. They played off each other pretty well ...

Mick: "And do you think that you're the only guy around?"

Bono: "I betcha think that you're the only MAN in town!"
09-17-02 11:44 AM
Joey I can just kick myself for missing this gig .

I now look like Mick Taylor looked after not receiving any credits for " Sticky Fingers "

Bummed Bunny