ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aragon setlist is being posted live at Shidoobeeland as the shows goes on!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
09-17-02 10:36 AM
voodoopug Mick Did sing Falsetto on Worried about you and it was Dance Pt. 1.

A great show, I was covered in sweat at the end though!

Walk and dont look back was the only low point for me...ditch this one and bring back Heart of Stone
09-17-02 10:40 AM
Joey I just read the reviews over at www.IORR.org :

One guy goes .....................

" In conclusion, I can say if you don't have tickets to the Tower Theatre, Roseland, or the Wiltern, do not despair. Brown Sugar, Start Me Up, or Honky Tonk Women are just as good in an arena or stadium. And seeing the Stones make a huge place seem intimate is perhaps seeing the band at its best: witness Like A Rolling Stone last Friday at Comiskey. It is the song selection of the small venues that brings the experience to a higher level, and adding someone like Bono to a song does not hurt. But any of those esoteric songs would play well to just as high a percentage of people in an arena or stadium, and would surely play well to a higher absolute number of people. Seeing the Stones in a small venue in and of itself is not any more special than the pure pleasure of just seeing the Stones. "

I know it is only one individual's opinion , but do you think this analysis is true ??????

Please ..........I's justs gots to know .

Bunny

09-17-02 10:44 AM
Moonisup He's crazy I for one won't be happy with bono, I'd love to see them with Chuck berry!! And doing Carol ore rock 'n' roll music. But he is complaining about small things, I would ignore his post at iorr

The wooden shoe, rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-17-02 10:56 AM
mattb "Seeing the Stones in a small venue in and of itself is not any more special than the pure pleasure of just seeing the Stones."

There is quite a difference and I hope everyone gets the chance. Here is something where smaller IS better!
09-17-02 10:58 AM
sirmoonie That guy drinks too much, Joey. Or he wasn't there and he's trying to convince himself that he didn't miss anything.

What does that mean CYHMK almost fell apart? I feel little tings of anxiety when I read shit like that. Sumone, please 'splain!!!

I can't believe they way they re-arrange set lists night after night. And they playing is as good as ever. It is just unbelievable to me that these guys might be pulling off their best tour ever. What a beuatiful band. What a beautiful buzz.

They are gonna rock NYC, their favorite American city!
09-17-02 11:21 AM
moy was the performance of dance so peculiar?

we have reviews saying it was dance, dance p2 and dance p3???
09-17-02 11:21 AM
Joey Amen Moonie ...............

I have concluded that misery loves company and when it finds it , it turns into a group grope / cluster fu## of cliched slogans ,repressed memories , and one upmanship in crafting nifty expresssions of perpetual confusion . Dive into that crap at your lowest and you will never come out , whether you drink or not .

" I'm travelling down cold metal Ronnie , just a tear in a baby's eye "

Jo Fly
09-17-02 11:27 AM
sirmoonie That is some great prose, Joey. Magnificent style, loaded with impact, conveying more meaning per word than anyone since Winston. And the way the metaphor in it plays out a different levels, woaaaahh, just blew my mind. I bow down to anyone who can write like that. Pure genius.

09-17-02 11:28 AM
deadflowers I have to say how proud I am of Mick and how ashamed I am of Bono! I am also a big U2 fan, but my gosh Bono looks like a boring old nerd! He's 18 years younger than Mick and Mick looks younger! Mick is COOL! Mick ROCKS! Bono comes in with his hair all short and slicked down and a stupid suit, LMAO, that is not a rock star. MICK is a rock star, God Bless Mick Jagger's rock and roll soul!! Rock on forever, and NEVER become a stupid geek like Bono!
09-17-02 11:33 AM
deadflowers
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yeah it's a great set list, no question. But you know what, if I had paid through the nose to hear them I would have been sick, ill, and angry that Bono showed up. I cannot stand that fucking guy. I don't like his glasses. I don't like his band. I don't like his singing. I don't like his attitude. I don't like his name, his clothes, or his hair. I don't like the way he moves. I don't like what he eats. I don't like anything about the guy. I refuse to use the word "Mono" because it sounds too much like "Bono."

Aside from that, he's fine...

I am a big Bono fan and he was cool during the Elevation tour but he's slipping back into his pre-Elevation nerdiness and it makes me sick! Bono,if you can't be a REAL rock star like Mick stay the hell off the stage!!
09-17-02 11:35 AM
jb How I hate Bono...yet the young people think U2 is keepin it real...they are far more popular today than the boys...very sad!
09-17-02 11:37 AM
Joey " That is some great prose, Joey. Magnificent style, loaded with impact, conveying more meaning per word than anyone since Winston. And the way the metaphor in it plays out a different levels, woaaaahh, just blew my mind. I bow down to anyone who can write like that. Pure genius. "

Thanks Moonie ..............

I have decided that my best course of action is to deny the white logic and do a fearless and searching moral inventory . The only problem with outing myself this way is that I will be eating my words by this time next week and then feel even worse . Hug Me .

Huh ???????????

Snaggle Skittles

09-17-02 11:38 AM
Moonisup Yes jb, bono isn't straight, sucking up to the pope, ugh. Please it's only rock 'n' roll. Bono believes in his own fame!!
09-17-02 11:40 AM
Pants Make the Man Bono looks fat and bloated standing next to Mick Jagger.
09-17-02 11:40 AM
jb I believe he is wearing a hair piece...look at his front hairline ...
By the way, notice how I hate pretty much every group but the Stones...I really am #1 fan!!!
[Edited by jb]
09-17-02 11:44 AM
Pants Make the Man Keen observation, jb. Thanks. Ditto this and Ditto that.
09-17-02 11:46 AM
Moonisup Well I hope Bono isn't gonna wear that stupid pathetic heads as his monkey guitarist "the edge" has. The Edge, is the egg
09-17-02 11:50 AM
jb The Edge started wearing that hat after rapid hair loss. With all the money he has, why not a micro-graft hair transplant?
09-17-02 11:54 AM
Moonisup why not euthanasia?

haha just kidding
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-17-02 11:55 AM
sirmoonie I called it though, didn't I Joey? One week later, back to his one and only true love.

09-17-02 11:56 AM
jb Please explain!
09-17-02 11:58 AM
Joey " I called it though, didn't I Joey? One week later, back to his one and only true love. "

Damn Straight My Moonie .........

The sun certainly rises and sets with that bottle of his .

Ain't no way out .....however much you booze .

Jo Jo O' Toole
09-17-02 12:10 PM
~AzQb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I called it though, didn't I Joey? One week later, back to his one and only true love.

Hye Moonlight...is THIS who I think it is ; )

~i've been trying to suss this out now for MONTHS ~

~A
09-17-02 12:22 PM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
...they are far more popular today than the boys...very sad!

Is that really true? What a horrible thought. These folks must have cerebral functions just barley above the level of your average swearing parrot.

09-17-02 12:32 PM
jb Just look at the Elevation Tour..sold out 2-4 shows each venue...The press loves Bono and his political proclivities...like I said previously, I hope he is devoured by canabals so he can help fight world hunger!
09-17-02 01:11 PM
sirmoonie Hey Annie! It is me. Your Moonlight Mile C10.

See you in NYC. Ye Old Triple Inn. No flaking out now, right young lady?
09-17-02 01:21 PM
Joey " See you in NYC. Ye Old Triple Inn. No flaking out now, right young lady? "

I believe Annie has a shy bladder .

In fact , over 1/2 of the C-10'ers have developed " Shy Bladder Syndrome ( SBS ) " ever since the summit.

Must have been the Milk Stout or something .....God I loved that delicious creamory liver candy of 2000 Man's household .

Does Ye OLD Triple Inn have enclosed urinals ???? Or better yet , private urinals ????

Please , Maxy ...I's justs gots to know

" Help Me Ronnie , Help , Help Me Ronnie "

Jo Jo

09-17-02 01:24 PM
sirmoonie Joey, at the Trip, you just open the door to the alley and drain the lizard. Its that kind of bar.
09-17-02 01:24 PM
~AzQb

NOT shy, just wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise.

I WILL, however, partake of nanky's SuperGlue if he invites me ; )

~A
09-17-02 01:44 PM
Joey " Joey, at the Trip, you just open the door to the alley and drain the lizard. Its that kind of bar."

Oh good ..........I am never shy in the alleyway .

J Diddy of the S. B . ( Shy Bladder )

Hope I don't get no shy bladder in Denver this week .

Oh , the horror ..............

The horror ...................
Page: 1 2 3