ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 500 Posts high and falling faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.... Return to archive
09-16-02 01:55 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well, that's it - I made 500 posts... taking four months to do what Soulie might well have done in about four hours.

Been awesome being here so far. Someone over at Doug's told me "that ROCKS OFF board is too confrontational, too angry".

Well, I like it, like it, yes I do!

I must say it's all your fault - when I started here I had less than a fourth of the Stones's albums, and in the time I've spent here I now have more than I know what to do with - still don't have all of them! (Cursed sixties albums)

'S been wonderful, slumming around with people who've seen the Stones in their 'glory days' and their 'not-so-glory-days', who remember these albums on vinyl the day they came out!

And I hope as my generation grows up, we'll realize just how much we owe The Rolling Stones.

Rock'n'roll!

-tSYX --- Come on, come on down, you got it in ya.

GOT TO SCRAPE THAT
SHIT RIGHT OFF YOUR
SHOES.
09-16-02 01:59 PM
Moonisup join the 500+ club now!!
09-16-02 02:01 PM
scope Confrontational? What the hell are they talking about. There are some serious discussions and sometimes strong differences in opinions, but that's what makes this place what it is. And the infusion of yopung blood that I've seen recently also adds alot to this place. It's refreshing for some of us old-timers to see youngins' like yourself posting those masterful observations.

Congrats on #500, and keep 'em coming.
09-16-02 02:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot I agree, oh minty fresh one. It's great seeing all the youngsters getting their Rocks Off to this music. it makes me feel like there is hope for mankind yet!
09-16-02 05:13 PM
Joey " And the infusion of yopung blood that I've seen recently also adds alot to this place. It's refreshing for some of us old-timers to see youngins' like yourself posting those masterful observations. "

Scopey ....................

Is that you ???????

Good to hear from you again . Man , you are always Minty Fresh and your posting skills peerless .

You definitely give me feelings of unabashed joy .

Joey

09-16-02 06:32 PM
Maxlugar Who needs new blood when you have that?

If you take three of my old posts and melt them into one new one, there will be plenty of new blood to go around for ages!

I'm like the Boys From Brazil.

YES!

Riki Tiki Maxy!
09-16-02 08:14 PM
Joey " I'm like the Boys From Brazil. "

You make Joey say .......................huh ????????

Hey wait a minute ...........This is no social crisis ..............this is Joey having fun !

Now , on the other hand , I am hoping that this tour ends up like the ' 81 tour . You see my Stonesian kin , it was the ' 81 tour that gave me that " the party has just started " feeling . Whenever I hear boots like " Hampton ' 81 " I see colored balloons and barkers all around me .

Damn Straight !

Snaggle Joe

09-16-02 08:18 PM
Joey " I'm like the Boys From Brazil.

YES! "

Oh Yeah , that is that 1978 film starring Laurence Olivier and Larry Hagman .

Sheeeeeeeeeeet . How could I possibly forget ? -- sorry Larry .
09-16-02 08:33 PM
Martha
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Well, that's it - I made 500 posts... taking four months to do what Soulie might well have done in about four hours.

I think it took him 5, but who's counting! lol

Been awesome being here so far. Someone over at Doug's told me "that ROCKS OFF board is too confrontational, too angry".

Well, I like it, like it, yes I do!

I agree wholeheartedly with the above, Savage and Young. I like it too.

I must say it's all your fault - when I started here I had less than a fourth of the Stones's albums, and in the time I've spent here I now have more than I know what to do with - still don't have all of them! (Cursed sixties albums)

'S been wonderful, slumming around with people who've seen the Stones in their 'glory days' and their 'not-so-glory-days', who remember these albums on vinyl the day they came out!

And I hope as my generation grows up, we'll realize just how much we owe The Rolling Stones.

For godsakes spread the delicious Stonsian word to your peers....before they slip away into the abyss of radio top ten madness forever to be lost.

You are a priceless gem my dear boy...I'm so glad you found this board too ( and myself as well I love it here) and thanks for all the insightful and entertaining posts...500 and going beyond! I salute you!

Rock'n'roll!

-tSYX --- Come on, come on down, you got it in ya.

GOT TO SCRAPE THAT
SHIT RIGHT OFF YOUR
SHOES.

peace, love and all that jazz....

the sometimes savvy, but alas, no longer young,
martha
09-16-02 09:04 PM
Mickjagger1963 Your 500 posts have been wonderful to read... I am the same way.. My collection of bootlegs has also grown to 28.... Im proud of myself, I have every official release. save a few compilations... not sure how many posts I have, but I am more of a 'reader' than a poster, I log on a 10 times a day, and thats just in school! but I dont always the time to write a message, Our generation def. needs to discover the Stones, and at my High School I am doing pretty damn well with turnign my friends on to the Stones. I am getting a new Message board name soon anyway so my posts will be erased I hope to hit 500 b4 Christmas on my new name!

Peace. Love. Sex. Drugs. Rock. Roll.

AND THE ROLLING STONES EVERYBODY !!!!
09-16-02 09:30 PM
Scot Rocks Nice one, 500 posts is cool achievement, look forward to reading the next 500...and looking forward to reading Maxy's posts more than once...through the other esteemed imperial poster here lol!!!

Mark

btw loved that quote from Churchill Maxy!!!!