ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A thought on the Themed Arena Shows... Return to archive
09-16-02 12:14 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Do you think they're going to repeat albums?

I mean, it's a wonderful idea, but what if when they get to the end of the US leg they're doing "Steel Wheels" and "Dirty Work"?

I talked to Tom Ridge, and he said "Yeah, sure, whatever. My guess is they'll be repeating Exile to your little heart's content - probably with different songs, though."

He then had to run and beat some guy on the street to steal his armband - guess even the government can't get an Argon ticket!

-tSYX --- You waaaaaant it-wantit-wantit-wantit...
09-16-02 12:43 AM
sirmoonie Are you really in your teens? Cuz you can write like a muthafuckah. Didden know the 'merican edukashunal system was turning out anyone who could write and read and all that fuckin' high tech shit like that they have on TV.

Us heavy hitters have you on the radar screen, XVZSavXVieYpissie. You are one of the best young talents we have in our system. I see a lucrative posting career in your future.

But, you gotta work with us. You hear me, boy? You gotta work with us. We'll take care of you. We're good like that.

"Keep that fucking stinking thing away from me, Ronnie!"
09-16-02 04:38 AM
Moonisup Well I hope they are gonna do a few exile shows, they hav e alot of numbers to choose from!! ore a Goat's head night, that would be great ore Emotional night with: She's so cold, and where the boys go, ahhhh that would make my year

rik
09-16-02 09:38 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Moon-

Yes!

Emotional Rescue show!

As long as they don't play "Indian Girl"!

Can you imagine?

"Dance Pt. 1"
"Where The Boys Go"
"Down In The Hole"
"All About You" (not gonna happen - at least, not in an ER set. Keith may get it out for Theatre shows in his little set)
"Summer Romance"

The list goes on and on...

-tSYX --- Can't you see, Sister Morphene, that I'm not that strong...
09-16-02 09:44 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Are you really in your teens? Cuz you can write like a muthafuckah. Didden know the 'merican edukashunal system was turning out anyone who could write and read and all that fuckin' high tech shit like that they have on TV.

No, the 'merican edukashunal system didn't executively produce me, moonie - I'm a product of Yesterday's Papers more than school. Then again, I'm not done with school, so we'll see how well it goes. Once you reach the conclusion that 99% of the things marketed towards this generation are pathetic dribble that leave us complacent (sp?) and apathetic, you're well on the way. I'm sure there's more of us - hell, we've got a lot of teenagers on this board - they have been saved!

-tSYX --- The power of Ronnie compels you! The power of Ronnie compels you!
09-16-02 10:52 AM
Moonisup Well I would love to hear Fingerprint file, Ain't proud to beg and Dance little sister also from IORR. that would be a nice one to! Let's not think about an aftermath night with going home, under my thumb, flight 505 and pib!!

rik
09-16-02 01:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy We'll definitely hear Aftermath.

IORR, mayyyybe... as for "Fingerprint File" remember, without Micky T. on the bass it'll be a little lackluster, and I hate the version on Love You Live.

So we've got...

hmm...

Exile On Main Street
Some Girls

We'll probably hear (in no particular order)...

Let It Bleed
Beggar's Banquet
Aftermath
Goat's Head Soup
It's Only Rock'n'Roll
Sticky Fingers

That sums it up, I think. The real long shots might well be

Voodoo Lounge
Steel Wheels
Emotional Rescue
Undercover
December's Children

-tSYX --- Walking the same old road...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
09-16-02 07:06 PM
full moon Call me crazy, but I would take any themed show , including Steel Wheels, Voodoo, or BTB
09-17-02 06:02 PM
ziggypayne Wouldn't mind a Let It Bleed theme at the FU Center on Friday. Something like Let It Bleed, Midnight Rambler, Gimmer Shelter, and Love In Vain would hit the spot.