ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES COMING TO HBO! Return to archive
09-15-02 09:00 PM
luridchief I just saw a quick promo--either said "January 2003" or "January 3"! I hope to catch it again during SOPRANOS or CURB YOUR ENTHUSIAM!

Sure to be a quality broadcast . . . !
09-15-02 09:08 PM
Boomhauer Holy shit! NO way! This is what I wanted. HBO to play a fucking concert from the Licks Tour.

Ka-ching! It's in deeeee hole. This game is ooooooova!
09-15-02 09:10 PM
Soul Survivor Now the question is: Stadium Show, Theater Show, or Arena Show.

I think it would be cooler to see a club or theater. But it will probably be a stadium
09-15-02 09:13 PM
Soul Survivor ok nevermind. The show will be from MAdison Square Garden in January
09-15-02 10:06 PM
Boomhauer The funny thing is that they have the promo and nothing about it at the website.
09-15-02 10:07 PM
scope I saw it just before Sopranos came on. I think Soulie is right. It'a a promo for the January MSG show, which goes on sale this week. I didn't see anything that said HBO was involved
09-15-02 10:20 PM
Boomhauer So you think the Stones are putting a "commercial" on HBO to remind people that tickets are going on sale for that show?

It's got to be for a live broadcast. I don't think HBO is involved with sales and marketing for the ROlling STones tickets.

Maybe it's a tentative deal. They may never show the promo again. WHo knows?
09-15-02 10:21 PM
parmeda Well, we all know that Mr. Jagger is quite 'the movie man' as of late...hopefully, and this is what I'd like to see, would be a live show...no doubt...along with highlights (documentary style) of some of the shows in the tour already.

Hey...it could happen.
09-15-02 11:07 PM
scope
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
So you think the Stones are putting a "commercial" on HBO to remind people that tickets are going on sale for that show?

It's got to be for a live broadcast. I don't think HBO is involved with sales and marketing for the ROlling STones tickets.

Maybe it's a tentative deal. They may never show the promo again. WHo knows?

I've been bouncing around HBO and HBO2 all night trying to see this again. The more I think about it, the more I think you're right and this will be a live broadcast. I was expecting a PPV, but I guess if HBO pays the big bucks up front, then they are guaranteed that amount and don't have to take a chance on the PPV.
09-15-02 11:11 PM
Mr T well - they've definitly been talking about a live broadcast (or at least a DVD - which would likely origionate from a live broadcast). if memory serves they were talking about that since the tour came into existence - so it only makes sense that something concrete would have come out by now. I guess this is the first sign
09-16-02 12:07 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 I am glad hbo is doing this. They should have been doing this long before.
09-16-02 12:08 AM
luridchief HBO usually does these big "event" concert live.

I'm fairly certain that will be the case here. Then they'll rebroadcast it a number of times.
09-16-02 03:09 AM
Moonisup Could someone please explain 'hbo'?? I never heard of that!

Thanks in advance!

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-16-02 06:18 AM
glencar HBO is a pay-cable service in America.
09-16-02 07:04 AM
Soul Survivor HBO stands for 'Home Box Office'. They play movies, concerts, and television specials.
09-16-02 07:17 AM
JaggaRichards After HBO's initial broadcast, i womder how many times they'll repeat it. We DO need multiple copies!
09-16-02 07:26 AM
Scot Rocks Anyone know if u can get HBO on Sky or any other digital?

Mark
09-16-02 07:34 AM
Maxlugar For those of you who didn't see it, it starts with views of Manhattan at night. Sort of the way the Letterman show used to begin. Looks like helicopter footage. Start Me Up starts playing. Then it gets to MSG and zooms in and the tonguw logo slowly materializes on it and the words: The Rolling Stones January 2003 come up on the bottom.

End commercial.

Kind of cool.

Maxy!
09-16-02 09:26 AM
Moonisup Thank you everyone!!!

rik
09-16-02 09:47 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Anyone know if u can get HBO on Sky or any other digital?

Mark

I don't. However, I'm sure someone will tape it and a DVD will almost certainly be released.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

-tSYX --- Stole the love right outta your heart!
09-16-02 10:05 AM
Moonisup Yeah just after the show, the bootleg cd's and video are coming our way, I remember that from the St.Louis and San diego shows!!! And it will be the best quality, on vid. and cd!!!!

rik
09-16-02 02:17 PM
Scot Rocks Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Mark
09-16-02 06:19 PM
Gazza quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scot Rocks wrote:
Anyone know if u can get HBO on Sky or any other digital?

Mark

No,you cant get it in the UK,although British TV does show shows from that channel (most notably "The Sopranos"). There would be more chance of Sky showing it if it had been on Fox as thats a sister channel of Sky's.

Springsteen's HBO concert from MSG was shown on TV in the UK,albeit in butchered form,so we might get it at some point after the event. Not live,though.

Dont worry about getting a low generation copy of it. It'll be taken care of,my son!
09-16-02 09:35 PM
Boomhauer Well, it's going to be cool to see this show because they are going to have some of the rare stuff on it (because it's an arena).
09-16-02 09:44 PM
Scot Rocks Thanks Gazza, So long as I see it somehow.

Cheers

Mark
09-16-02 11:29 PM
~AzQb
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
ok nevermind. The show will be from MAdison Square Garden in January

Or..next week...shows film wellthere; regardless of the bedraggled, raggedy muddy sound towards the back

~!A