ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rocks off pre msg party Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
09-16-02 04:56 PM
nankerphelge That's right Max -- and the Stones know better than to start the show without us being there -- so if we are a few minutes late -- they'll wait. I'm sure of it!
09-16-02 04:56 PM
luxury1 SirStonesalot---better not drop anything on the floor in front of me.
09-16-02 05:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot Fucking right I ain't bending over in front of you, ya crazy whacko!

I know that you covet my ass.

NO! NO ASS FOR YOU.

You are not worthy of my fine ass, even if you DO look like Patti Hansen. I will let you look. But you may NOT touch. No matter how much you beg and plead.....NO ASS FOR YOU!

Maybe some of the other sick dirty fuckers who are gonna be there will give you the ass...but not the chivalrous, pure, and, SAINTLY quite frankly, Sir Stonesalot.
09-16-02 06:12 PM
Gazza We'll see you bastards at Triple X Thursday afternoon next week. can't wait!!

Fuck YUP!!!

Trivia note : "Triple X" was one of the original titles for the album which became "Undercover" - so it HAS to be a Stones meeting place for MSG!
09-16-02 06:27 PM
Ken
quote:
Joey wrote:
When in NYC , there is but one bar that you must visit :

http://facesandnames.citysearch.com/1.html

Everything else pales in comparison .

Skittles

Did you look at the menu? Philly Cheesesteaks $8.50.
I don't think so, in Philly were they are GOOD they
only cost $5.

But they do serve
Shepard's Pie

Ken
09-16-02 08:22 PM
Joey " Did you look at the menu? Philly Cheesesteaks $8.50.
I don't think so, in Philly were they are GOOD they
only cost $5.

But they do serve
Shepard's Pie "

Hell No I did not look at the menu -- I only look at Bartender Jude ....and that Stones' Savy B2B era portrait of the Boys .

Jude makes the best Manhattans I's ever had .

Hug Me .

Bunny

09-16-02 08:31 PM
Maxmeister [quote]Gazza wrote:
We'll see you bastards at Triple X Thursday afternoon next week. can't wait!!

Fuck YUP!!!

I'm thinking 7:30 is our limit. We need time to get there, pass the security, get something to drink, take a piss etc. How about 4pm? We can get started a little early before Maxlugar gets out of work. Anyway, those of us from out of town have nothing better to do.

Rick
09-16-02 09:08 PM
Maxlugar Oh I'll be there at 4:00PM my good friend.

I go in early but I get out early.

You'll hear Stripped as you walk in.

MAXY!
09-16-02 09:41 PM
Scot Rocks you lucky S.O.B.'s!!!!!!!!I can't wait to hear how this goes, have a great time and "party high!!!!"

Cheers

Mark
09-16-02 11:03 PM
~AzQb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Well Mustang Harry's has horses.....

You need to get up on a step stool but hell, it's worth it.

"Get up on a step stool and butt fuck a pony, Ronnie!"

Yes...we'll be there ; )

~ ; )
09-16-02 11:07 PM
~AzQb
quote:
~AzQb wrote:

Yes...we'll be there ; )

~ ; )

...But wait...iS it TripX or Mustang Harry's ??? Which ? we'd sure hate to miss the dignified mania surely to ensue ; )

~A
09-17-02 12:30 AM
~AzQb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Here's what some people are saying about Ye Old Triple Inn per Murphy's Bar New York Bar Guide:

Comments - It's a cheesy, no-frills kind of bar with excellent holiday spirit and a good, varied beer selection. A great place to come hang with a
group of friends. - F.J.

Enter a time warp that takes you back several decades to a New York before Disney, Giuliani, and the rest. Small dark bar up front, back room
with checkered table cloths, reasonably priced drinks, live band on Monday nights. Suzie Felber hosts Felber's Frolics, a comedy revue, every
Saturday night. - S.M.

Heard it said that Siberia is the least pretentious bar in Midtown but it comes second to Ye Olde Tripple. Check out the One-Armed Urinal
push-ups in the mens room. -A.E.

The Trip, as it's known, is a rare New York bar. Located in Midtown, it's neither a dive nor a tourist trap. Decorations from every holiday are on
display 365 days a year. Recent renovations means the bar is bigger, the floors shiny new and you don't need to fear a dart in the face when you
walk in the door. The food is good, affordable and the kitchen surprisingly spotless. Best of all, a FREE 10 piece big band plays on most Monday
nights, with a well known leader, Tim Ouimette. There's also FREE comedy show on Saturday nights with Felber's Frolics. Hosted by a hilarious
brother & sister team, this show now regularly draws big crowds. The day has its own vibe... neighborhood regulars mix with corporate types and
Letterman staff. FYI: The day bartender and the day waitresses are far warmer than the night staff. I've seen bars come and go but this is a
keeper. Bathrooms could be better, but waddya gonna do? - F.D.

The Tripple is a haven from the turbulent Manhattan rat race. It's much like a neighborhood bar one would find in any small town, only it's smack
right in the middle of the city. The service is friendly, the place has unique charm and the price is reasonable. - T.W.

A fine old New York bar with loads of atmosphere. The food isn't gonna put anyone else out of business, but it's reasonably priced and reasonably
good. Sadly, the kind of place that has almost become extinct in New York City. - G.L.

Maxy!

MaxeeeEEE!!!!

THIS sounds good, as Harry's seems rather uptight and rather dull...someone bring a nice Bose Wave, some studio stuff, and we're on our way!!!!

~AzQb~~~
09-17-02 12:33 AM
~AzQb

How my Maxlugar can be dEpEnDed UpOn ; )

~A

He told me to come back tomorrow and he'll have a price. He seems like a nice guy. He asked what sort of gathering it was and I said a bunch of people are coming from out of town to see the Stones he lit up and was like "Oh The Stones! This should be good".

Developing............

Maxy Von Triple shot of that stuff.........
[/quote]
09-17-02 03:59 AM
~AzQb [quote]scope wrote:

I would love to bring a video camera to the party for sharing later on, but it for sure will be confiscated at the MSG and I don't want the hassle of trying to get it back later. Hell, they may even just keep it.

PULEEEz...scope, me boy...leave the bloody THANG HOME ; )

Just let's have a few laughs w/out worrying about a lens, ok??

Personal favour ???

~A
09-17-02 07:37 AM
Maxlugar Maybe Mustang Harry's is a good place for after the show? Short walk and we can all put on our white lab coats and safety googles and discuss the show.

Do they have a blackboard?

M!
09-17-02 07:46 AM
~AzQb

Baby

It's Stripped Companion for days on end....

Until~

A~

p/s I told my husband what a SWELL guy you are, B, so beee on yer best ; )

09-17-02 04:34 PM
Jaxx
quote:
~AzQb wrote:
It's Stripped Companion for days on end....

wow. what a coincidence you would say that! when i got scopes email yesterday indicating this stunning turn of events, i IMMEDIATELY popped STRIPPED COMPANION into my player as well! been rocking all day long in anticipation....it seemed purrfect to commemorate such an occassion. this is going to be the longest week of me life.

C-U all there!
09-17-02 07:00 PM
~AzQb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

wow. what a coincidence you would say that! when i got scopes email yesterday indicating this stunning turn of events, i IMMEDIATELY popped STRIPPED COMPANION into my player as well! been rocking all day long in anticipation....it seemed purrfect to commemorate such an occassion. this is going to be the longest week of me life.

C-U all there!

"great minds think alike" ! ~LOL can't wait to meet you ; )

~A
09-17-02 07:47 PM
scope I just read these last posts before I left work, and got the taste. Fortunately I had Stripped Companion in the car and was able to crank it on the way home. Let's have everyone pop in Companion tonight and play it loud. Let the neighbors next door hear; let the people on the next block hear. Let the whole world rejoice! The Stones are headed east and we're ready for 'em.
09-17-02 07:54 PM
~AzQb
quote:
scope wrote:
I just read these last posts before I left work, and got the taste. Fortunately I had Stripped Companion in the car and was able to crank it on the way home. Let's have everyone pop in Companion tonight and play it loud. Let the neighbors next door hear; let the people on the next block hear. Let the whole world rejoice! The Stones are headed east and we're ready for 'em.

~AAAAA MEN !!!!!~~~~

~A
Page: 1 2 3