ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Comisky Review Return to archive
09-15-02 11:52 AM
steel driving hammer why is it so crowded at concerts?

Drove up to Chicago Friday bout a half past 4. Went way further North than I needed, so I did a U Turn, no big thing. Finally got to my friend Adam's place on Lake Wood and imediatly (sp) we toasted to some heavy grain Tequilia (sp) and then another. Put my bags down, washed my face and hands and asked how did the United Center pictures come out. Adam told me, we have all 320 but they are small and the pictures we took of his Dalmation, house are ok but the concert pictures were not that pixely. I said, thats ok and saw them for myself, they're not too bad. Then I looked up www.keno.org...Oh Yeah! After while, he told me he'd on the roof grilling some steaks and handed me a St. Pauli Brauerei cold one. Never had this beer before and noticed it's from Bremen Germany and first thing that came to mind was Stones Bremen 98 SBD. While all this was happening, Through The Past Darkly Vol Deux Remastard was playing on the stereo. Yada X3 I went up to help him w/ the cooking and the weather was pristine, no wind, little clouds and a saturated smell of steak. - Off Topic ---> Did you ever marinate a steak before grilling, prolly so. But did you ever (while the steak is grilling) save the marinating bowl and skim off the olive oil and leave the herbs and sedatives inside w/ a little bit of olive oil left? Try using that part that is remaining in the bowl and boy, you got some great tasting sauce to add on the steak. <--- End Off Topic) So the steaks and potatoes (sp) are just about cooked and I wanted to see if I could throw the frisbee across the street to other people level to us on top the patio, I waved the frisbee and called out, HEY! Yes? They said Yeah! So I did, and it drifted in the street! The first throw! Raised my hand and shook my head, I'll get it. Help carry some untensils and empty beer bottles down while I retreive the frisbee. Yada X3, we sit down (now playing Welcome Hampton) and didn't touch the potatoe (sp) until I was almost done w/ the steak. I changed to wine actually before we sat down for dinner so I'd be in bliss w/ wine and steak. Yada X3, were finished eating. Like two lazy boned drifters who most always get what they want. We sat there for a while Listening to Just My Imagination, filled w/ good meat, good wine, good beer, and on the up rise of Salvation on a Friday evening. He toasted his beer and I toasted my wine. He asked me if wanted to smoke a little grass. We did. While he was using siccors (sp) to de-seed the buds that were bursting, I put all the dishes in the dish washer. Sat down again in the living room (where to speakers are) and got stoned out of my mind. Yada X3, he went and got ready for the show. I danced a little bit to the loose Beast Of Burden song from Hampton 81. His dog was looking at me in a peculiar (sp) way. I smiled. Then Adams wife and her brother walk in, I stoped dancing and introduce myself. She offers me to stay the night and breakfast tomorrow. Adam is almost ready and so am I but the wife wants to know what I felt about The United Center. I told her Adam had some really good pot and was stoned out of my mind. She has a blank face. Because, SHE knows Adams gets stoned but her brother never knew. What a fool I was. Opened my mouth when I wasn't thinking. Yada again, we go down stairs and hail a yellow cab. We smoke another joint in the cab. We get out about 3 blocks from Comisky Park to take a pee in one of the alley ways because I hate the baffroom lines in stadiums. So we did, I pee pee and he pee pee, two pee pee's. We walk up to the stadium and BOY IS IT CROWDED! Couldn't even fucking move! We flash our $350.00 tickets and they point. We entered far from the stage but closer and closer we got. By this time I had to pee again. Adam knows I have Shy Bladder Syndrome so he tells me let me get the beer and you go find a place to pee and we'll meet at out seats. I held on to him and said, please don't loose your stub because you'll need it to enter on the floor. He said don't worry I'll loose my stub before he will. I was so lit but smart. I went to one of the several managers offices and told the first one I went too my disability. They let me use a nice clean baffroom w/ a locking door. And it all came out till the last drop. It was so nice. I leave the baffroom and find my seat. Adam is not there yet and by this time, the Pretenders have been and gone. Struck a conversation w/ a girl there by herself and she came on a buisness trip from Washington and this concert fit in her plans. Standing there, I looked in back of me and the whole entire place was fulled to the Max. Comisky is actually a nice venue. At both ends of the Stage they were LONG stacked speakers borrowing a pair of binoculars I vaugley read the name Treble? Meble? Something w/ B L E at the end. Tried to zoom on the other side and the symbols matched but couldn't get a definte name. Jimmy W, if you would of given me your #, I would of stuck the phone in my pocked up side down, Mic out the whole time. After some more talking w/ strangers, Adam comes w/ 4 beers in a carrying case. I let him call his wife. The PA Pre Stones songs were Blues, but no Muddy, no Hopkins and no Reed. This sounded more like local. Well now thinking about it, Bo Diddley's Mona was played and I'll tell you baby, thats no lie. After every PA song ended, people clapped but prolly not for the song that was played but in anticipation for this may be the last PA song! Then there is no more PA song. The crowed goes wild even before the lights go out. Then the lights go out. The Rictor Scale had to move. I almost became scared of the noise. Then blue and orange lights slowly bulb up and the spot lights turn on and more crowd noise and the rumbling of drums and exotic instruments take form and an explosion takes to the sky and THE ROLLING STONES ARE IN MY FUCKING FACE! I HOWL, I SCREAM and my mouth is wide open. This means alot being down on the floor cause I never had the change to clap my hands up high w/ EVERYONE else! God I loved that. Did that durring the whole Brown Sugar and at the end of that song, I Let Loose w/ it! I said FUCK YEAH MAN! WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! Folks, it was like a dream so good. God Damm. All my defenses were gone. I danced like Mick through the whole show pointing my fingers, shaking my ass and all. This concert sort of liberated me. I'm Free now and will always be. I was right up there w/ The Stones! I saw their smiles! I saw Keiths show laces! Folks they are so powerful it's incredible! Just like PdogSF, I'm crying right now too. (You see, The Stones live is like a Stones album, you shouldn't catch it the first time, it'l come to you. Like this Comisky show, my heart was beating fast THROUGH OUT, but now when I remenis about it, it's even better)
Just wanna close in saying, Neighbors is a pure rock and roll song.

Ronnie Be Goode.
09-15-02 12:24 PM
nankerphelge Dude -- one word for ya -- "paragraphs!"
I got dizzy reading that!

What the hell is Shy Pee Syndrome? My brother in-law can't piss with anyone around. Is that it? I find this absolutely incomprehensible.

I was in a cab coming home from DC one nite and the cabbie was illegal so the Alexandria, VA police pulled him over and took him away on the spot. One of the cops apologizes and calls for another cab to pick me up and for a flatbed to take the DC cab away. Meanwhile, I got a bladder full of used Heineken just dying to come out so I quickly ducked behind a bush and unloaded just under 8 gallons -- right next to the cop!! If he had stepped out of the car, it would have washed him away!
09-15-02 02:37 PM
Maxlugar "Put my bags down, washed my face and hands and......"

If nothing else, this guy is clean.

J. Danforth Max.
09-15-02 02:47 PM
Scot Rocks When I have a few beers in me, lol I could piss anywhere!!! A word of advice though, if any of you decide to engage is some consumption of some or in my case a lot of fine beer before you frequent the cinema, make sure you get a seat near the aisle lol especially if the film is a very long one!!! Stupidly, I did indulge in "some" consumption of fine ale, before going to see Lord of the Rings, as it was one of the first shows, the place was packed and our seats were in the middle of the row and also near the front...needless to say I spent the large part of the 3hr film wondering what would happen if my insides exploded lol!!! I can tell you that piss when I came out was top quality...lol!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mark
09-15-02 02:51 PM
Moonisup you should be a writer

rik
09-15-02 02:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot SDH was so pleased with his first pubic hair that, when no one was looking, he pissed out of it.
09-15-02 06:03 PM
steel driving hammer Nanky, yes Shy Bladder Syndrome is an established condition.
It's already in Jama. There is medicaton for it but I refuse.

Scot Rocks, top quality pee eh?
Shit I have Vineyards growing underneath my sewage pipes.
I water them everytime I flush the tolet.

Moonisup, I am a Rider. GET IT ON!~

Sir Stones, I'd be happy to compare sizes.
I am pretty fly and thick, for a white guy.

Get out of my face
Get out of my shack
Now you've had a fair share
You had a fair whack
Get out of my bod
Get out of the sack
Don't give me no lip
Don't give me no crap.

09-15-02 11:13 PM
littleredrooster What else can I say ???

LITTLE RED ROOSTER !!!!

ON the B STAGE !!!!!!!
09-16-02 10:32 AM
Joey Another fine , lucid , mirthful review my Steelie .

Once again , the Academy would be very very proud of you .

Just one question though .....I have developed a nasty ulcer on my esophagus .................does that mean I have a " Shy Esophagus "

Please , I's justs gots to know the answer ?

Developing ...........

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Skittles

09-17-02 05:33 AM
~AzQb

If nothing else, this guy is clean.

J. Danforth Max.
[/quote]

...it's truly BeAuTiFuL ain't it...

~ ; )

~A