ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Setlist Return to archive
09-14-02 01:42 AM
Gimme Shelter Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock n' Roll
Don't Stop
Honky Tonk Women
Undercover
Angie
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Monkey Man
Love Train
Slipping Away
Before They Make Me Run
Sympathy For The Devil

B Stage
Neighbors
Little Red Rooster
Like A Rolling Stone

Gimmie Shelter
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash

Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
09-14-02 03:07 AM
posada It was absolutely awesome!!!!!!! Just got back.

I won't be able to hear or talk for a week at least!

Thanks for posting the list Gimme Shelter! Were you there? I notice you're from California.
09-14-02 03:13 AM
Gimme Shelter No, I wasn't, some friends of mine who did go e-mailed me the report. I will be going to both San Francisco shows and the Oakland show. I can't wait. I psyched they played Gimme Shelter.
09-14-02 03:32 AM
posada
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
No, I wasn't, some friends of mine who did go e-mailed me the report. I will be going to both San Francisco shows and the Oakland show. I can't wait. I psyched they played Gimme Shelter.

Oh, I thought maybe you flew out for it. You're in for a treat though. They're great!!
09-14-02 03:36 AM
Gimme Shelter The Stones have never let me down live. I have seen them eight times and they have always kicked ass. I can't wait to see them again. THE ROLLING STONES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-14-02 04:26 AM
posada
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
The Stones have never let me down live. I have seen them eight times and they have always kicked ass. I can't wait to see them again. THE ROLLING STONES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course they always have. I just meant they're kickin' ass alot more now than they have in a long time.
09-14-02 04:42 AM
posada Anybody know how many people Comiskey Park holds? It was impossible to get through the crowds! Also, they was no such thing as aisles on the field and what were the chairs there for anyway? They're just in the way!
09-14-02 09:47 AM
winter Sounds like another great show, but I really wish Keith would mix it up on his tunes a bit more. In boston, he did slipping away three times, each time he took the guitar off just before the first verse, etc. He's got a lot of tunes to draw from, I wish he'd take better advantage of it - give me Little T&A, You Got the Silver, All About You, Can't Be Seen, etc. I really like before they make me run, but he played that two times in boston.

Glad to the hear he played the Worst earlier in the week.

Thoughts for the morning,

Wintah
09-14-02 09:56 AM
steel driving hammer What more could you ask for in a rock and roll band.

I was lucky to have been 10 feet from the B Stage.

They are real, and they are spectacular.

I actually just woke up to pee pee.

Good night.
09-14-02 11:03 AM
Boomhauer Was there an opening where the infield is, or did people sit there?

On the Comiskey park map at ticketmaster, they had a the infield gap the last row of floor seats all the way to the box seats. Was it like this?
09-14-02 11:11 AM
padre The setlist sucks. It seems the more they play the more they fall into that Hot Rocks mould. SMU, Satisfaction,...I'm sure they're in great form, but I'd hate to see those same warhorses played again. Especially when they rehearsed all those forgotten gems. It's a real pity if they save all the good ones to the clubs.
09-14-02 11:37 AM
Sir Stonesalot You are missing the point padre.

The whole object of this 3 venue style tour is exactly this. Stadiums=Hot Rocks, Arenas=Hot Rocks + some different stuff, Theatres=Hot Rocks+ different stuff + rare stuff. This was clearly stated from the beginning...it was even mentioned at the Press Conference. Stadiums will have no surprises.

But even so, Monkey Man, Midnight Rambler, Gimme Shelter...come on, that's great stuff.
09-14-02 11:47 AM
Lacride
quote:
posada wrote:
Anybody know how many people Comiskey Park holds? It was impossible to get through the crowds! Also, they was no such thing as aisles on the field and what were the chairs there for anyway? They're just in the way!

Look at

http://www.iorr.org/tour02/index.htm

in the "Capacity" column (Comiskey: 45'000)

Chris
09-14-02 01:52 PM
posada
quote:
Lacride wrote:

Look at

http://www.iorr.org/tour02/index.htm

in the "Capacity" column (Comiskey: 45'000)

Chris

Thanks. It sure felt like there were more people there than that. That's a considerably lower capacity than Soldier Field, but I never felt that crowded in when any of the times they played there. It was absolutely impossible to get around at all last night. I don't ever recall having that trouble at Soldier Field.
09-14-02 02:26 PM
sly 45,000 is what it holds for a ballgame. However the bleachers were closed off behind the stage, but the field proably holds more people than the bleachers. I think it was between 48-50000, and yes it was a nightmare to move about. There were no seats on the infield,because the whitesox organization did not want the infield torn up.The boys sounded great, probably the best Hot Rocks show I've seen. Love Train is great live no matter what anybody says. I love that one.
09-14-02 03:56 PM
posada
quote:
sly wrote:
The boys sounded great, probably the best Hot Rocks show I've seen.

It was really fabulous wasn't it? I still havn't come down. The adrenalin's still goin' strong! It was deffinitely worth the awful nightmare of parking, getting through the gate, trying to manouver (sp) to your seat and getting to a port-a-potty, deffinitely, without a doubt.

I see you've got Aragon tix, Sly! How'd you get those? Were you one of the lucky ones who lucked out yesterday morning with TM? I've been clicking away like crazy with no luck. Now they've taken them off again. I'll keep checking though. Congrats to you though!
BTW, where were you sitting last night? Or should I say standing, who sits?

[Edited by posada]
09-15-02 10:17 AM
sly Posada
I got Aragon tix through the fan club late at night months ago. It was pure luck. As for Comiskey, I was in sec c-1 row 13 Ronnies side. The best seats I ever had!
09-16-02 02:09 PM
padre [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You are missing the point padre.

The whole object of this 3 venue style tour is exactly this. Stadiums=Hot Rocks, Arenas=Hot Rocks + some different stuff, Theatres=Hot Rocks+ different stuff + rare stuff. This was clearly stated from the beginning...it was even mentioned at the Press Conference. Stadiums will have no surprises.

Yeah, you're right. But it still pisses me off 'cos I live in Finland, so it's always those Hot Rocks shows I get to see. Not much chance for club shows around here...
Somehow I just waited for a miracle to happen with that stadium setlist. But all this will be forgotten when July and the Stones arrive!
09-16-02 03:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ahhhh Padre! Have faith! If the Stones don't do the 3 venue format in Europe, perhaps they will revamp the stadium setlist to include some more obscure stuff.

Remember, the European market is very different from the US market.

Any way you slice it, I'm betting you will get CYHMK. I think that may become one of the signature tunes from this tour.
09-16-02 03:37 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Ahhhh Padre! Have faith! If the Stones don't do the 3 venue format in Europe, perhaps they will revamp the stadium setlist to include some more obscure stuff.

Remember, the European market is very different from the US market.

Any way you slice it, I'm betting you will get CYHMK. I think that may become one of the signature tunes from this tour.

They will do the three gigs stuff in europe, well definetly in Holland that is for shure!!

rik
09-17-02 02:38 PM
padre I've already started to convince my family that next summer would be a great chance to visit Holland with all its beautiful landscapes... Yeah, there's still some hope for me to see The Stones doing a clubgig for once in my lifetime.