ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guitar Information Update Return to archive
09-12-02 12:09 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 Here is a Guitar Information Update!

Keith Richards:
2 Uncapoed Butterscotch Blonde Fender Telecasters Tuned in G.
Capoed Butterscotch Blonde Fender Telecaster Tuned in E.
Capoed Butterscotch Blonde Fender Telecaster Tuned in G.
Capoed Sunburst Fender Telecaster Tuned in G.
Ebony Gibson ES-355.
Yellow Gibson Les Paul JR capoed.
Unknown Acoustic Guitar (either a martin or gibson)
Tom Anderson Telecaster
Blonde Fender Stratocaster

Ron Wood:
Sunburst Fender Stratocasters (don't know how many he is carrying. possibly 2 or 3 of them are carried)
Red ESP Telecaster
Black ESP Telecaster
Gibson Firebird Reversed
Black Tony Zamaitis for slide playing
Dan Armstrong Clearbody
Fender Pedal Steel
Weisenborne Lap Steel
Rickenbacker 12-string
Yellow Gibson Special
Unknown Acoustic Guitar (possibly martin or gibson)

there are probably more that i haven't got the chance to see.

[Edited by Stonesmillenium2001]
09-12-02 09:26 AM
nankerphelge You can't put a price on this stuff!!
I fucking love this place!
09-12-02 10:08 AM
juantcb Ronnie's got a Rik 12 string with him? We're gonna hear "Mother's Little Helper" soon, then!
09-12-02 10:26 AM
nankerphelge That wouldn't suck! I would love to hear that one -- I always thought MLH was one of their best early songs. Especially good chiba song!!
09-13-02 05:24 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 the discussion over the debate whether ronnie used a rickenbacker or a danaelectro might be solved. with the pic i found i maybe wrong about the rickenback along with others and maybe right about the danaelectro at first.

here is a link of pics i found.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/rolling-stones/flash.htm
09-15-02 03:56 AM
no_cole_porter The Mystery Guitar Ronnie has been using looks to me as if it might be a Jerry Jones Baby Sitar, because I Haven't seen a Rickenbacker with a completely round body like the one in the photo.
09-15-02 10:08 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I heard somewhere Ronnie was carrying one of his signature editions with him - true?

How much do those go for these days?

-tSYX --- If I was a politician...
09-15-02 06:58 PM
FTELE52 After mortgaging my house to sit real close at both United Center (row 3) and Comisky (row 5), I did get a real good look at the boys gear.

Ronnie played the electic sitar on Street Fighting Man at both UC and Comisky in Chicago. He is not playing a 12 string Ric.

He played the Gibson Ron Wood Signature J200 acoustic on Angie at Comisky.

Amps - He has 2 Fender Vibro King amps sitting on top of 2 4x12" Mesa Boogie cabinets.

His black signature ESP Tele is equipped with a B-bender. He played a nice lead on Tumblin' Dice using the bender. The red ESP tele just sat on a stand both nights in Chicago. Used Ron Wood ESP tele's without the b-bender can be found for as little as $500 on ebay from time to time. I bought one in '91 and sold it last year for $800.

09-15-02 11:07 PM
no_cole_porter Is Mick playing much guitar on this tour? Is he still using those 52' Reissue Telecasters? Whatever happened to Blondie Chaplin?
09-16-02 05:39 PM
FTELE52 Mick played a black strat on Miss You at UC. He also plays the '52 Reissue Tele on Don't Stop and played the same guitar on Undercover at Comiskey.