ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Rock Off' a good show closer! Return to archive
15th September 2006 01:39 AM
Jakeb206 Does anyone besides me think Rocks Off would be a great show closer! I think it would work better than satisfaction, jjf, ycagwyw, ect. I would die happy if they play this on their fall tour!

Sorry, had to show some love for my favorite stones song!
15th September 2006 01:41 AM
glencar They have to make some changes. It's getting hackneyed.
15th September 2006 01:44 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jakeb206 wrote:
Does anyone besides me think Rocks Off would be a great show closer! I think it would work better than satisfaction, jjf, ycagwyw, ect. I would die happy if they play this on their fall tour!

Sorry, had to show some love for my favorite stones song!

If Mick thinks someone in the audience might not like a new song or a "unconventional" closing song, my thing would be fuck 'em it's our fuckin' show, their The Stones, they could play Nursery Ryhmes and still sell out stadiums....
15th September 2006 01:48 AM
glencar They haven't sold many stadiums on this upcoming leg. Things are looking bad.
15th September 2006 01:50 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
glencar wrote:
They haven't sold many stadiums on this upcoming leg. Things are looking bad.

I am taking my girl friend to see Motley Crue/Aerosmith in Charlotte, NC the 21st, I will be getting laid....
15th September 2006 10:21 AM
voodoopug
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

If Mick thinks someone in the audience might not like a new song or a "unconventional" closing song, my thing would be fuck 'em it's our fuckin' show, their The Stones, they could play Nursery Ryhmes and still sell out stadiums....

Then they better announce Nursery Rhymes as the focus of the show because they cannot sell stadiums......not even at $22.50.

At this stage, they have to do their best to please the masses if they insist on larger venues (see: profits). A show of album cuts and B sides, etc only works in a small theatre setting or maybe MSG and United Center....MAYBE.

Rocks Off will not work as a closer with the current approach because the "general fan" will not leave happy. They want Satisfaction or Brown Suger or JJF, etc to send them home.
15th September 2006 10:29 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Then they better announce Nursery Rhymes as the focus of the show because they cannot sell stadiums......not even at $22.50.

At this stage, they have to do their best to please the masses if they insist on larger venues (see: profits). A show of album cuts and B sides, etc only works in a small theatre setting or maybe MSG and United Center....MAYBE.

Rocks Off will not work as a closer with the current approach because the "general fan" will not leave happy. They want Satisfaction or Brown Suger or JJF, etc to send them home.

Agreed...and as we stated, it is not the ticket prices which shoul dnever have been lowered. They are still not selling. It is the complete decline of the fan base, tainted legacy, over-saturation, and stadium venues.
15th September 2006 10:29 AM
gimmekeef They'll come up with a new visual gimmick rather than change the setlists up:

A 3D Projection of Mick out into the crowd?

Stages at each end....so all tix are $300...with a roller stage going back and forth

And when all else fails...the old tried and true..."strippers with brass poles".....
15th September 2006 10:41 AM
Dan
quote:

And when all else fails...the old tried and true..."strippers with brass poles".....

What could be more humiliating than the Stones copying Motley Crue?

And I think Rocks Off/Heartbreaker/All Down The Line are great closers because they utilize all the support musicians. Much better than cluttering up Satisfaction and JJF with un-needed noise.
15th September 2006 11:09 AM
glencar It was nice to hear the Who the other night with no back-up singers/brass section the other night.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)