ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Should Keith make a new solo record? Return to archive
13th September 2006 04:56 PM
Saint Sway not a Wino's type album. But something more along the lines of Dylan's Modern Times. Just a mellow, laid back Keith record. A couple ballads. Some mid-tempo blues. A country number or three.

I say it would be golden! Hopefully he takes a break from the Stones after this tour and drops some gold on us
13th September 2006 05:00 PM
glencar Everyone knows you're an idiot & all but this really is a superidiotic idea. Perhaps you really like all those Keith ballads on recent releases? Even his stuff surpasses Modern Times.
13th September 2006 05:11 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
not a Wino's type album. But something more along the lines of Dylan's Modern Times. Just a mellow, laid back Keith record. A couple ballads. Some mid-tempo blues. A country number or three.

I say it would be golden! Hopefully he takes a break from the Stones after this tour and drops some gold on us

I'd love to hear something like that. Unfortunately I think Keith is pretty much spent as a composer.
13th September 2006 05:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Perhaps you really like all those Keith ballads on recent releases? Even his stuff surpasses Modern Times.

yes. TPIE, The Worst, How Can I Stop, Thru & Thru, Theif... all good stuff

its real, heart felt, honest and - best of all - devoid of all of Sir Mick's awful pop stylings

being away from Mick and with the right producer, they could squeeze some quality, passionate songs out of the old pirate

and GlenCar, please remember, music is subjective. So I will tolerate your dislike of Bob Dylan and of Keith's ballads. I will even accept that you love ABB. Even if overtly poppy songs like RFD, SOL and LWTCDI truly belong on a Justin Timberlake album

Please dont be a hater. We just like different things. I like real, honest music. You like syrupy, poppy shit. Thats all.

now come here and hug it out
13th September 2006 05:36 PM
Soldatti I can't see to Keith making a new album, they tour with a year off maximum, so no much time there and, honestly, I doubt he could write 10 songs on his own for a new CD.

Mick's case is different, he could record a new album in a month or two with new all the technology and, the most important, he's full of ideas, good or bad, but he could write a song per day.
13th September 2006 05:43 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

We just like different things. I like real, honest music. You like syrupy, poppy shit. Thats all.

now come here and hug it out

Before that you admitted it was subjective. I consider much of what you liek somewhat derivative & certainly slow-moving. I'm never quite sure why you bother posting here. I've stopped commenting on most of your idiocies but I do see an awful lot of swipes at Mick. Why don't you "hug it out" with him first & get back to me. You'll never be a great poster but it's possible you could reach lower mediocrity. But first, withdraw from political psots. Your ass is still chapped!
13th September 2006 06:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
But first, withdraw from political psots. Your ass is still chapped!

what you really mean, is stop posting anything that you disagree with. Surely you wouldnt mind political posts if they were righty posts.

Heaven forbid, someone on a msg board posts something that is of a different opinion, taste or mindset than yours.

thats a very unhealthy attitude to have. And if you cant tolerate it than you really need to step away from message boards, chat rooms etc... where differences of opinion are encouraged but needed.

or, as you so often eloquently put it to anyone that has a difference of opinion than you: "Fuck Off. Go away asshole. I'm done with you."
13th September 2006 06:15 PM
quackenbush Keith doesn't have to do an album of new songs. He reportedly has a ton of songs recorded. Why not clean those up and put them out?
13th September 2006 06:17 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
not a Wino's type album. But something more along the lines of Dylan's Modern Times. Just a mellow, laid back Keith record. A couple ballads. Some mid-tempo blues. A country number or three.

Only if Rick Rubin produces it.

I, myself would prefer and am always up for "a Wino's type album."
13th September 2006 06:18 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Nice! With Bob getting heard or at least seen in the main stream right now, the timing would be perfect. Maybe even the mainstream would give the old man a chance. I hope someone else is thinking like you. Rubin??

13th September 2006 06:19 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Crap I 'm to slow.

[Edited by TampabayStone]
13th September 2006 06:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Nice! With Bob getting heard or at least seen in the main stream right now, the timing would be perfect. Maybe even the mainstream would give the old man a chance. I hope someone else is thinking like you. Rubin??

yes. The time definately seems right for it.

I made my own compilation of Keith ballads and enjoy listening to it. Would love it if he put Apt No.9 or even covered some old standards like Bob did on MT.

and as far as producers to give him a good kick in the ass.... Rubin is perfect. He could do for Keith like he did for Cash. That would be ideal.

or maybe even... "Jack Frost" as producer

hmmm
13th September 2006 06:26 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yes. The time definately seems right for it.

I made my own compilation of Keith ballads and enjoy listening to it. Would love it if he put Apt No.9 or even covered some old standards like Bob did on MT.

and as far as producers to give him a good kick in the ass.... Rubin is perfect. He could do for Keith like he did for Cash. That would be ideal.

or maybe even... "Jack Frost" as producer

hmmm

You should post this on the Stones Deck at Shidobbee. Mark and those guys would dig it.
13th September 2006 07:15 PM
gotdablouse Well considering Keith only has 3/4 songs to show for the past 10 years I doubt he's got anything of interest in the can for a solo record, thinks Hurricane.

It's a mystery to me what happened to Keith after the VL sessions where he seemed to have songs oozing out his skin, even for B2B judging by Karnbach's list of outtakes, then...nothing, zilch, the guy is brain dead.
13th September 2006 08:06 PM
mrhipfl Yeah, I would love a new Keith record. I would want it to be very simple, though; more acoustic type blues/R&B. No distorted riffs, no wailing solos, just simple groovy rhythm and blues.
14th September 2006 01:16 AM
MikeyC613 Sway,

I love where your head's at. I would love some country/blues numbers. The man has an ear for melody and can avoid terrible lyrics much better than Jagger.

Have you heard Levon Helm and Keith's "Deuce and a Quarter"? Incredible shit. Levon's voice is so great, but then Keith comes in like a pasty Chuck Berry and fucking steals it. The guy oozes talent and just outright love for music.

Rubin could give him a good kick in the ass, but I'd love to see Keith really take the wheel himself and produce it alone, ala his work on "Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll". Just get Steve Jordan on drums, a couple more legit studio musicians, and some singers of his era with some balls/heart.

Keith Richards has an album in him that is better than anything Johnny Cash or Bob Dylan has done lately. It's whether or not he really wants to put the effort into it that is the question.

14th September 2006 02:42 AM
F505 Please no new Keith album. His last was one was already quite embarrassing.
14th September 2006 05:07 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I, myself would prefer and am always up for "a Wino's type album."

Agreed.

In fact I prefer Keith's two solo albums to anything the Stones have released the past 25 years.

I was re-watching the Winos '93 Boston DVD the other day, and they are exactly what the Stones are lacking these days - heart, soul & kick-ass rock'n'roll.
14th September 2006 05:15 AM
Zack
quote:
F505 wrote:
Please no new Keith album. His last was one was already quite embarrassing.

You mean Main Offender? I think not.
14th September 2006 05:40 AM
FotiniD
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:

Rubin could give him a good kick in the ass, but I'd love to see Keith really take the wheel himself and produce it alone, ala his work on "Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll".

A good kick in the ass is exactly what Keith needs, imo.
Someone to lock him up again and not let him out until he's come up with some good songs.

A solo album would be great once the tour is over. Not a big deal with "GITD" promotion and stuff, just a little side-project outside the Stones. To see how he can cut it out on his own after all this time.

Of course, my first and foremost wish is for another Stones studio album, with an ass-kicking producer as well. I think they need someone stricter and less laid-back than Don Was.
14th September 2006 09:51 AM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:
Please no new Keith album. His last was one was already quite embarrassing.

Right on! Main Offender is dullsville.
14th September 2006 10:46 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Sure it would be cool, but it would have been cooler if he wrote more than one Stones album in eight years. If he doesn't have the gumption for more than that in terms of Stones, I don't see how he'd have it in him to make another great solo record.
14th September 2006 11:13 AM
jb No..he has no ability to make anything even remotely worth listening to..he said it himself in "LOSING MY tOUCH", tHE GUY IS BOTH physically and creatively spent... hbe cannot even sing and play at the same time...he has emasculated rockers like Happy and BTMMR to ulmost unrecognizable parodie....same applies to Jagger who, w/out the Stones, is a verybaf pop musician.
14th September 2006 11:24 AM
glencar verybaf? Very bad? Verifiable?
14th September 2006 11:34 AM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
verybaf? Very bad? Verifiable?

I think JB forgot his set of false teeth.
14th September 2006 11:36 AM
glencar You are sizzling today!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)