ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Remembering 9/11 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
14th September 2006 01:29 PM
jb Why did Bush refuse to take out 150 Taliban members at a funeral? Plenty of blame to go around. Also, lets be fair, FDR, a Deemocrat, lead the country to victory in the gratest threat civilization ever faced up until now...see also Truman.
14th September 2006 01:32 PM
rasputin56 Whaaaaaaaaaa? The Taliban? Weren't they already "eliminated"?
14th September 2006 01:32 PM
glencar FDR was a man. JFK was a man. Hell, LBJ was a man. These current Dems are a pack of pussy cats. somewhat feral, at that...
14th September 2006 01:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
jb wrote:
Why did Bush refuse to take out 150 Taliban members at a funeral? Plenty of blame to go around. Also, lets be fair, FDR, a Deemocrat, lead the country to victory in the gratest threat civilization ever faced up until now...see also Truman.

You are right Josh. Many people are pissed off that we did not take out those Taliban fucks at the funeral they were attending,but be honest here. What do you think the Dems would have said if the USA directly violated our own rules of engagment and killed those Islamofucks in attendance? Honestly now? What do you think the far left libs would have said about it?

As for FDR. I agree he did many things right in regards to the war effort. But,make no mistake,he would never get away with those actions in todays Democrat party. Not a chance in hell.

Riffy
14th September 2006 01:45 PM
rasputin56 Yeah, that's it.
14th September 2006 01:49 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

You are right Josh. Many people are pissed off that we did not take out those Taliban fucks at the funeral they were attending,but be honest here. What do you think the Dems would have said if the USA directly violated our own rules of engagment and killed those Islamofucks in attendance? Honestly now? What do you think the far left libs would have said about it?

As for FDR. I agree he did many things right in regards to the war effort. But,make no mistake,he would never get away with those actions in todays Democrat party. Not a chance in hell.

Riffy

That's too funny. Remember how the Republicans cheered so when Clinton tried to attack AQ? The Dems are all for a little Taliban/AQ killing in Afghanistan. I mean, after all, those were the people responsible for 9/11. We're still trying to figure out why Dubya and his minions lost sight of that and decided to go after some two-bit, washed up secular dictator who also saw the terrorists as a threat. Go figure.
[Edited by rasputin56]
14th September 2006 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

I was talking to my wife(bless her) last night after watching Carter spew his hate Ameerica/Bush/Israel crap on Larry the ass-hole King. I told her that for the first time, I feel like I have no place in the Democratic party...I also am not switching paries, as I disagree totally with the Republican social agenda. But truth be told, I am afraid that some Democrats don't recognize the danger that Islamofascism presents us with...they are going to stike again, it is only a matter of time. Also, as an atty, I am well aware of the implications that certain surveillance activities have on our rights to privacy, but I am willing to give up some of these rights if it means saving our country from attack...it is a fine line b/t privacy and preservation, and I would rather error on the side of protecting us from another terrorist strike, even it it means losong some privacy rights which, most Americans will never be effected by.
14th September 2006 01:52 PM
monkey_man So much for keeping this thread from becoming political. . .

14th September 2006 01:55 PM
rasputin56
quote:
jb wrote:

I was talking to my wife(bless her) last night after watching Carter spew his hate Ameerica/Bush/Israel crap on Larry the ass-hole King. I told her that for the first time, I feel like I have no place in the Democratic party...I also am not switching paries, as I disagree totally with the Republican social agenda. But truth be told, I am afraid that some Democrats don't recognize the danger that Islamofascism presents us with...they are going to stike again, it is only a matter of time. Also, as an atty, I am well aware of the implications that certain surveillance activities have on our rights to privacy, but I am willing to give up some of these rights if it means saving our country from attack...it is a fine line b/t privacy and preservation, and I would rather error on the side of protecting us from another terrorist strike, even it it means losong some privacy rights which, most Americans will never be effected by.

That is sad on so many levels.
14th September 2006 01:55 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
So much for keeping this thread from becoming political. . .

That ended quite some time ago. I blame kath51, the lil minx!
14th September 2006 01:56 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:
I am afraid that some Democrats don't recognize the danger that Islamofascism presents us with...they are going to stike again, it is only a matter of time.

If this country is hit again while the White House/House/Senate are controlled by Republicans, will you blame Democrats for not protecting you?
14th September 2006 01:59 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Yeah, that's it.

Now you're getting it Raspy. Or are you denying that this happened. Because I'd be happy to link the exact speech where Bubba said all these things. You're sheer unadulterated blind partisanship is more than a little amusing. You even deny what your hero has admitted to in his own voice.

Riffy
14th September 2006 01:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I am just curious, is there anyone that posts here that really thinks that 9/11 was an inside job or a conspriacy?

I am dead serious, I would like to know if anyone truly believes this.

I think that guy left in a huff
14th September 2006 02:00 PM
jb Off couse not, and I agree, bottom line 9/11 happened under republican wartch. However, those elements in my party, the Cindy Shehans(who disgrace her country), simply beleive that we are the wrongdoers!!!! We did not ask to be hit on 9/11 , and we certainly did not want to livein a world with Muslim/Arabs beleive killing themselves and as many Americans will lead them to paradise. There is no retreat from this new war on our civilization, and I do not trust those who are not willing to acknowledge the threat to be politically correct.
14th September 2006 02:01 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I think that guy left in a huff

Yeah I didn't want to put words into his mouth but I had the feeling that he said it at one time or another. Crazy bastard.
14th September 2006 02:07 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:
Off couse not, and I agree, bottom line 9/11 happened under republican wartch. However, those elements in my party, the Cindy Shehans(who disgrace her country), simply beleive that we are the wrongdoers!!!! We did not ask to be hit on 9/11 , and we certainly did not want to livein a world with Muslim/Arabs beleive killing themselves and as many Americans will lead them to paradise. There is no retreat from this new war on our civilization, and I do not trust those who are not willing to acknowledge the threat to be politically correct.

I'm not trying to assign political blame for 9/11. What I am saying that the President has had all of his anti-terror provisions approved by the legislative branches of the govenment. (When he couldn't he made end runs around the Constititution). If the this country is hit again will you still believe that Bush teams stategies are the only way to fight terror/ protect this country?
14th September 2006 02:17 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I'm not trying to assign political blame for 9/11. What I am saying that the President has had all of his anti-terror provisions approved by the legislative branches of the govenment. (When he couldn't he made end runs around the Constititution). If the this country is hit again will you still believe that Bush teams stategies are the only way to fight terror/ protect this country?

MM Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus. FDR placed Japanese Americans in internment camps. Clinton was deeply involved in actual wire tapping of Americans during the Echalon Project. Bush has violated no laws,and more importantly,we have not been hit in five years.

Riffy
14th September 2006 02:18 PM
nankerphelge Who said that this Administration's policies and tactics were the only way to fight it?

You make it sound like the left has this great counter-proposal that the Administration has ignored.

I haven't heard it yet.

Reid, Murtha, Pelosi, etc. have nothing -- NOTHING!
They want to pull out of Iraq because it is not part of the war on terror. That's it? That's their plan?

They obviously don't like the NSA listening in on suspects.
They didn't like imprisoning combatants without giving them their "rights"
And they didn't just rubber stamp renewal of the Patriot Act provisions.

You say you aren't trying to lay blame for 9/11, but your question is sure loaded to assign blame when the next hit comes. I don't think this Administration can be faulted for trying to prevent further attacks.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
14th September 2006 02:19 PM
jb http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/13/news/story02.html

Truly disgusting...these should not be permitted to be shown.
14th September 2006 02:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Who said that this Administration's policies and tactics were the only way to fight it?

You make it sound like the left has this great counter-proposal that the Administration has ignored.

I haven't heard it yet.

Counter-proposal?...from the left?...ain't you heard?...they've surrendered

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/4185482.html
14th September 2006 02:22 PM
glencar youtube show withdraw them IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!
14th September 2006 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Counter-proposal?...from the left?...ain't you heard?...they've surrendered

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/4185482.html

God forbid..this is how they will eventual gain power here...a scary thought.
14th September 2006 02:23 PM
nankerphelge That's my point exactly.

The Administration is fighting the left on every front in order to try and prevent further attacks-- and so far, successfully!

monkeyman apparently can't wait for another attack so he can say Bush's policies failed. How fucked up is that?
14th September 2006 02:24 PM
glencar Ellison sounds like Cynthia McKinney's crazy-eyes cousin...
14th September 2006 02:25 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ellison sounds like Cynthia McKinney's crazy-eyes cousin...

McKinney's actions, and the silence of Democratic leaders condeming her, speaks volumes for the current sate of my party(I am beginning to sound a lot like Joe Lieberman!!).
14th September 2006 02:26 PM
glencar Joshy, come to the right side. You're old enough & nearly mature enough! Dems are idiots & getting dumber. No offense to Dems here is intended...
14th September 2006 02:27 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

monkeyman apparently can't wait for another attack so he can say Bush's policies failed. How fucked up is that?

Although it will never be admitted, it is clear that is the case...but he is far from alone in that regard...it doesn't stem so much from ill-will as it does sour grapes...which makes it all the more fucked up...IMO
14th September 2006 02:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, come to the right side. You're old enough & nearly mature enough! Dems are idiots & getting dumber. No offense to Dems here is intended...

This is a sold post..."you're old enough & nearly mature enough"....that is gold
14th September 2006 02:29 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, come to the right side. You're old enough & nearly mature enough! Dems are idiots & getting dumber. No offense to Dems here is intended...

I would love to bang Republican strategist Karen Hanrity.
14th September 2006 02:31 PM
glencar Joshy, you're time ahs come. Forget the social issues; apparently Bush mostly ahs. You need to defend Israel and that other country, America.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)