ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Remembering 9/11 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
11th September 2006 09:23 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Never forget what those subhuman fucks did to,not only the USA,but the world at large. I lost friends that day,and I will never forget or forgive the Islamic asswipes that did it.

Riffy

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11th September 2006 10:21 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Never forget what those subhuman fucks did to,not only the USA,but the world at large. I lost friends that day,and I will never forget or forgive the Islamic asswipes that did it.

Riffy

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!
12th September 2006 05:40 AM
albert I remember turning on the radio in my car after work. Heard the d.j. telling what was happening: thought he made a sick joke. Came home turned on the t.v. and sat there for the rest of the day in a state of mind that I can't descripe, switching from the one to the other channel. A real sad day for whole mankind.

Albert
Holland

12th September 2006 12:41 PM
monkey_man
quote:
kath wrote:
http://www.glumbert.com/media/stewart911

like jon or not, he put it beautifully.

Thanks for posting this. It's very powerful.
12th September 2006 03:11 PM
kath i thought so, too. i know a lot of people don't read my posts, being the "threadkiller" on both of the boards i'm on. but i hope they look at this clip. i think it's heartbreaking and poignant and healing all at the same time. just because jon is "left" doesn't mean he is wrong. i'm left and 9/11 hurt me as deeply as it did anybody/everybody else. i'm always astonished when people post "NEVER FORGET!"....how the hell/why the hell would we forget?

anyway, i'm glad somebody looked at it. thanks.
12th September 2006 03:18 PM
glencar Can we keep politics out of this please? Both sides. Thanks!
12th September 2006 03:26 PM
glencar I watched the Jon Stewart piece. Way drawn out & quite frankly, it's like listening to the drunk on the next stool.
12th September 2006 03:37 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
Can we keep politics out of this please? Both sides. Thanks!

What part was political?
12th September 2006 03:43 PM
Saint Sway hey, did we ever catch that Bin Laden fella?
12th September 2006 03:43 PM
SteveMiller
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
hey, did we ever catch that Bin Laden fella?

He was at one of my concerts
12th September 2006 03:51 PM
kath i give up. i wasn't being political. i didn't post pictures of burning buildings. i didn't post anything to make anybody angry. i posted a link to a commentary that i thought was beautiful and summed it all up.

12th September 2006 04:00 PM
rasputin56 You did.
12th September 2006 04:11 PM
kath love the blue meanie.
12th September 2006 05:05 PM
taz22 A horrible day for the USA and the world at large. i was shcked to see that citizens of about 25 countries were killed that day.

Let us remember those who died on 9/11 and also those who have dies since then fighting the war on terror.

I lost a very good friend in July ( he was in the Canadian Army ) and he was killed in Afganistan during a fire-fight.

God speed to all of those who still fight for freedom for us all.
12th September 2006 07:33 PM
glencar
quote:
taz22 wrote:
A horrible day for the USA and the world at large. i was shcked to see that citizens of about 25 countries were killed that day.

Let us remember those who died on 9/11 and also those who have dies since then fighting the war on terror.

I lost a very good friend in July ( he was in the Canadian Army ) and he was killed in Afganistan during a fire-fight.

God speed to all of those who still fight for freedom for us all.

Yes, there were people from all over the world who were killed there. I was impressed to see yesterday how monuments of the terrible event have been constructed around the world.
13th September 2006 12:14 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, most amazingly, the footage you just posted is banned from all American media, because god forbid if memory impared dumbasses in the USA actually remember what happened to us, then they might...shudder...actually drop partisan politics and support Bush in this life or death struggle. The media can't have that. Must destroy Bush, must destroy Bush...they drone on like retarded robots.
13th September 2006 12:33 AM
munky
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

And, most amazingly, the footage you just posted is banned from all American media, because god forbid if memory impared dumbasses in the USA actually remember what happened to us, then they might...shudder...actually drop partisan politics and support Bush in this life or death struggle. The media can't have that. Must destroy Bush, must destroy Bush...they drone on like retarded robots.

what are you talking about? i saw that footage many many times on television in the last week. so anyone who doesn't support bush is a dumbass?
13th September 2006 01:43 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Creepy,

it aint no good at all when somebody tries again and again to justify his failed presidency with the WTC tragedy. That's quite tasteless. Osama is both well and good in Pakistan, but right now there already are more american casualties in Iraq than in the both towers. FOR WHAT, you darn idiot? Just for the great fun of a killing revenge or something? It wasn't oil, right?

13th September 2006 12:41 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I'm pretty sure that was political.

13th September 2006 12:56 PM
Riffhard
quote:
kath wrote:
i give up. i wasn't being political. i didn't post pictures of burning buildings. i didn't post anything to make anybody angry. i posted a link to a commentary that i thought was beautiful and summed it all up.

There is nothing at all political about posting images of what those subhuman fucks did to us on 9/11/01! I was not being at all political by posting that photo.

Now some here have turned this thing political by using stupid phrases like,"failed presidency" That's just naive in the extreme and it shows an absolute lack of understanding of what we,as free nations,are up against.
I will not bother to respond to this kind of near sighted idiocy other than to say that al Queda anxiously wants us out of Iraq post haste in order to prove that we have no backbone as a nation,and are nothing more than a paper tiger. Something that limpwristed libs are more than happy to oblige them with. Typical.

Truman was thought to be a failed president for almost forty years. History proved he was one of the greats.

Done.

Riffy
13th September 2006 01:03 PM
Saint Sway whatever happened to the guy that claimed responsibility for 9/11??

Did they ever catch him?

heck, did they ever actually go after him??

5 years...

we found the Bush families arch-nemesis Sadam in a hole after a few weeks.

where's the Bush families friend Bin Laden??

think about it...
13th September 2006 01:05 PM
jb We are all in this together-democrat, republican, etc. We must stand together, as one, united against evil. I know some of you lost friends or loved ones, and the one thing we can never allow is their deaths to be in vain. To see the children of those who died, 5 yrs later, still suffering from their losses, is truly heartrendering. I watched a piece on Glenn Beck(CNN) about a group , sort of like Big Brothers/Sisters, who provide friendship/companionship for those children whom lost a parent. We owe it to these children to come together and never allow this evil to unveil it's ugly head again. I pray for all of the victims, their families and our nation, who needs to come together again, like we did after 9/11, and show the world what America does when we are attacked. God bless America.
[Edited by jb]
13th September 2006 01:11 PM
Saint Sway how are we in this together???

its been turned into nothing but a means to enact a political agenda

no good has yet come out of this horrible tragedy

and its getting worse

I lost my best friend that day. I lost another friend last month because he was a volunteer at Ground Zero. Theres over 3k more families grieving today because they've lost their children over an oil war in the name of 9/11.

Tragedy just continues.

I've yet to see one positive come out of this. They havent even rebuilt the site...
13th September 2006 01:17 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
how are we in this together???

its been turned into nothing but a means to enact a political agenda

no good has yet come out of this horrible tragedy

and its getting worse

I lost my best friend that day. I lost another friend last month because he was a volunteer at Ground Zero. Theres over 3k more families grieving today because they've lost their children over an oil war in the name of 9/11.

Tragedy just continues.

I've yet to see one positive come out of this. They havent even rebuilt the site...

The feeling shortly thereafter was one of a nation coming together regardless of politics. I did not vote for Bush, but I was proud to be an American when he stood shoulder to shoulder with the fireman at ground zero. Off course, you are correct, and that good will shortly gave way to partisan politics,i.e. businees as usual. However, if one thing "good" came out of it, it was the ability of Americans to carry on and not let those seeking our destruction destoy our way of living...we have many problems in this fair land, but we also have something they will never have-feedom.
[Edited by jb]
13th September 2006 01:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >We owe it to these children to come together and never allow this evil to unveil it's ugly head again.<

Bullshit. No one owes anything to these children. The only thing we owe is taxes, blind, unflinching loyaly to our Political Party - nationality, ethnicity, news network, religious leaders, etc. When the facts and reality contradict these things, the myths replace the facts. Only God can straighten out a Goddammed mess.
13th September 2006 01:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels If we ever needed a Gen. Smedly Butler or a Gandhi its now. Where are all these heros when we need them the most?
13th September 2006 01:38 PM
lotsajizz Butler was the MAN!

13th September 2006 01:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
If we ever needed a Gen. Smedly Butler or a Gandhi its now. Where are all these heros when we need them the most?

I'm sure Gandhi could convince these radical Islamic fucknuts to adopt a peaceful resolution to their made up grievances. Get real!

You cannot negotiate with a group of radicals that would rather die for their religious convictions than to allow you to live with yours.

Riffy
13th September 2006 01:47 PM
Some Guy Does anyone follow any of these conspiracy theories?
13th September 2006 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>We owe it to these children to come together and never allow this evil to unveil it's ugly head again.<

Bullshit. No one owes anything to these children. The only thing we owe is taxes, blind, unflinching loyaly to our Political Party - nationality, ethnicity, news network, religious leaders, etc. When the facts and reality contradict these things, the myths replace the facts. Only God can straighten out a Goddammed mess.

Emotional response.....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)