ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The best David Bowie album???!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
13th September 2006 10:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
Yes, Scary Monsters is indeed a great album (personal fave at the moment - "It's No Game"), but where is the love for Low?
As I have already pointed out, it's Bowie's best album!

I love all of that Berlin/Eno trilogy. Superb record. I just wouldnt go as far to say its his 'best' however. Strange that now so many critics rate it so highly - it was crucified when it was first released.
13th September 2006 12:17 PM
Jair So, it seems I am the only one who like Pin ups...

Of course I know there are no Bowie songs in there, but is a great rock and roll album...
13th September 2006 02:54 PM
trevcourt Hunky Dory
Hunky Dory
Hunky Dory
Hunky Dory
and

Hunky Dory
13th September 2006 02:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Jair wrote:
So, it seems I am the only one who like Pin ups...

Of course I know there are no Bowie songs in there, but is a great rock and roll album...

It's really one of his weakest. I bought it, palyed it once & put it away right after.
13th September 2006 03:25 PM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's really one of his weakest. I bought it, palyed it once & put it away right after.

Anyway, it's my fave. However, I think his best song is Heroes. Great melody, great lyrics. LOve it. I made a ringtone to my cell from that song.

13th September 2006 03:29 PM
glencar His version of LSTNT is poor.
13th September 2006 03:39 PM
Dan I only have PinUps on Vinyl. One of the only ones I don't have on disc. Therefore I don't think I have listened to it in about ten years. I have had the same Beasts Of Bourbon record on the turntable almost exclusively the last several (took it off once or twice to play Too Fast For Love).
13th September 2006 03:58 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Jair wrote:

So, it seems I am the only one who like Pin ups...

I like it a lot, great riffs a-bound; but it just isn't as good as the rest of his 1971-80 output. It is a great rock and roll record, you're right.

Glad jb has seen to stay put out of this thread, his posts yesterday were the most atrocious and ignorant things I've ever read here.
14th September 2006 09:48 AM
gustavobala just for curious, ok?

scary (80) 10 votes
hunky dory (71) 9
ziggy (72) 7
alladin (73) 6
diamond dogs (74), heroes (77), low (77)4
14th September 2006 05:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
His version of LSTNT is poor.

I loved it!
14th September 2006 07:35 PM
TomL Pin Up's is great. Gotta put Diamond Dogs in there though. Back in the mid seventies was the time, he was great. Came out with boxing gloves on for Diamond Dogs. Time, Al though back in 03 ( I think) I seen him at the joint, what a great show. Sorrow is a great song from Pin Up's, did it on Don Kerserns Rock concert way back. If you can get a copy of his 50th B-day party at MSG, the best. LOUUUUUUUU.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)