ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Who album 31/10/06 - the tracklisting (NSC) Return to archive
8th September 2006 05:54 PM
Gazza Apologies if this has been posted already - but I havent seen it mentioned anywhere :

from www.petetownshend.co.uk

Endless Wire

After 24 years, the wait is almost over and October 31st will see the release of Endless Wire, the keenly-anticipated first new Who studio album since 1982's It's Hard.

The album features extended versions of the various sections that formed the Wire & Glass mini-opera as well as exploring other themes from Pete's novella The Boy Who Heard Music.

Opening track, Fragments, utilises the pioneering Method music software developed by Pete in conjunction with mathematician/composer Lawrence Ball and software-designer Dave Snowdon.

More details to follow soon but, for now, here's the full track-listing.

Hamish

1. Fragments
2. Man In A Purple Dress
3. Mike Post Theme
4. In The Ether
5. Black Widow Eyes
6. Two Thousand Years
7. God Speaks To Marty Robbins
8. It's Not Enough
9. You Stand By Me
10. Sound Round
11. Pick Up The Peace
12. Unholy Trinity
13. Trilby's Piano
14. Out On The Endless Wire
15. Fragments Of Fragments
16. We Got A Hit
17. They Made My Dreams Come True
18. Mirror Door
19. Tea & Theatre

8th September 2006 05:57 PM
Saint Sway Townsend is a genius.

in fact, I actually think he is underated. One of the most brilliant composers.
8th September 2006 06:10 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Apologies if this has been posted already - but I havent seen it mentioned anywhere :

from www.petetownshend.co.uk

Endless Wire

After 24 years, the wait is almost over and October 31st will see the release of Endless Wire, the keenly-anticipated first new Who studio album since 1982's It's Hard.

The album features extended versions of the various sections that formed the Wire & Glass mini-opera as well as exploring other themes from Pete's novella The Boy Who Heard Music.

Opening track, Fragments, utilises the pioneering Method music software developed by Pete in conjunction with mathematician/composer Lawrence Ball and software-designer Dave Snowdon.

More details to follow soon but, for now, here's the full track-listing.

Hamish

1. Fragments
2. Man In A Purple Dress
3. Mike Post Theme
4. In The Ether
5. Black Widow Eyes
6. Two Thousand Years
7. God Speaks To Marty Robbins
8. It's Not Enough
9. You Stand By Me
10. Sound Round
11. Pick Up The Peace
12. Unholy Trinity
13. Trilby's Piano
14. Out On The Endless Wire
15. Fragments Of Fragments
16. We Got A Hit
17. They Made My Dreams Come True
18. Mirror Door
19. Tea & Theatre

#2 man in a purple dress?

who is this about? bowie? pete?
8th September 2006 06:11 PM
mojoman #12 Unholy Trinity?
8th September 2006 06:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
mojoman wrote:
#12 Unholy Trinity?

LOL. Christ I never noticed that.

Yep. he's a genius then. Official.
8th September 2006 08:10 PM
glencar I am seeing them next week and I'm praying - PRAYING!!!- for warhorses. Please, I don't need this new crap.
9th September 2006 12:06 AM
Lethargy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I am seeing them next week and I'm praying - PRAYING!!!- for warhorses. Please, I don't need this new crap.

You said it, Glencar!

The Rolling Stones non-warhorses, their rarities, are special and songs we all wish would be played live. But with the Who - sorry to those hardcore fans - it's Tommy, Quad, Who's Next, and a half dozen random tunes, but the rest blows in my opinion. They lack the depth of the Stones big time. And not just because they haven't done anything new in 25 years.
9th September 2006 03:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

You said it, Glencar!

The Rolling Stones non-warhorses, their rarities, are special and songs we all wish would be played live. But with the Who - sorry to those hardcore fans - it's Tommy, Quad, Who's Next, and a half dozen random tunes, but the rest blows in my opinion. They lack the depth of the Stones big time. And not just because they haven't done anything new in 25 years.

You make Joey very sad .
9th September 2006 04:24 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

You make Joey very sad .

me too. too much classic rock radio can't be good fer anybody except clear channel.can't say that they really tryed to prevent it. maybe if townsend would have taken that solo energy and kept it in the band.
9th September 2006 04:54 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Joey wrote:

You make Joey very sad .

Come on Joey, don't be sad! I expressed my admiration for three full albums of your beloved WHO. Three ain't so bad.
9th September 2006 06:49 PM
lotsajizz very sad
9th September 2006 07:29 PM
mojoman
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Come on Joey, don't be sad! I expressed my admiration for three full albums of your beloved WHO. Three ain't so bad.

joe don't be sad. when people tell me they only like let it bleed, sticky fingers and exile I can dig it. if they told me they only dug start me up, miss you and satisfaction then my eyes would glaze over.
9th September 2006 07:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Three ain't so bad.

You make Joey weep ............

.....and shit liquid .

Why ?!
10th September 2006 10:27 AM
Gazza http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/index.shtml

Check out the guests for September 14th!!!
10th September 2006 05:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/index.shtml

Check out the guests for September 14th!!!

YES !!!!!

" Thursday, September 14
The Who "

13th September 2006 08:15 PM
GimmeExile Where can you get a copy of Pete's novella on which the new album is based?
13th September 2006 08:19 PM
BeardyViking In the UK the London and Brighton shows pressed up 'Drowned' from Quad and I belive 'Naked Eye' got dusted off in Bristol.
14th September 2006 10:17 AM
Joey

Soon your young Joey will be awash in NEW MATERIAL !!!!

YES ( October 31st ) .

" I promise you a BRAND NEW JOEY IN TWO MONTHS RONNIE "

Kins
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)