ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: B stage Return to archive
September 15th, 2005 04:04 PM
Fadeout_Freedom If the fans go nuts when the Stones are playing on the B-stage, then why can't they just do the whole show from there?

From my experience the B-stage sound has been a bit iffy compared to that of the main stage, but I assume that if there WAS NO main stage, the sound could then be engineered properly for a permanent "B" stage setup?

I know I'm not able to comprehend everything regarding the function of the main stage as it relates to speaker placement, lighting, etc., but for the 2008-09 next tour, why couldn't they do away with the Main Stage/expensive backdrop/pyrotechnic stand/video screen, and just put the Stones out there in the middle of the stadium (sigh... if it HAS to be a stadium)... and let them rock us from there?

Kind of like "Elvis '68" times one thousand.
September 15th, 2005 04:09 PM
voodoopug a big part of the show for the casual fan is the stage/light/screen show....if they only play on the small stage, this is eliminated. Also they would need a backstage area to accomodate the backing players when they are either playing backstage (see Lisa Fischer in YGMR or IORR when played early in the set) or waiting to come out. Also, the massive amount of guitars that are used require a large backstage area.

WHile the concept is a cool idea, with a band the size of the stones it is not feasible for a full show on the small stage.
September 15th, 2005 04:11 PM
pdog I wouldn't be surprised if they do a follow up tour to this. All they would have to do is set up the main speakers in the middle and rock out in an arena. Not sure if they are into it. I think it's both good and bad... They can however maximize an arena setting. I know it's being done and it's been done for a long time.
September 15th, 2005 04:52 PM
JesusMe I saw the show at the Garden on Tuesday and let me say the only time I REALLY got into it was when they started playing on the B Stage

I dont know if it has to do with my seats being Nosebleeds in the middle-back of the Arena or for other reasons, but for whatever reason I really only was into it for the B stage part

I would like to find out if it was my crappy seats that made me not enjoy the concert that much(which means I have to shell out a few more hundred bux next time they come around)Or maybe it was the fact I knew 90% of the songs they were going to play
September 15th, 2005 05:46 PM
Gazza Mick has stated in interviews that he doesnt like the idea of doing a full show like that. he likes doing it for a few songs and thats about it

To be honest, while I enjoy that part of the show I'm not sure if I'd enjoy watching an entire show with the band's back to me, especially when theyre half way across a massive arena or stadium
September 15th, 2005 05:52 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Mick has stated in interviews that he doesnt like the idea of doing a full show like that. he likes doing it for a few songs and thats about it

To be honest, while I enjoy that part of the show I'm not sure if I'd enjoy watching an entire show with the band's back to me, especially when theyre half way across a massive arena or stadium

The two times I saw them up close, NYC MSG being the snd time, I hate it when they move away from. Having been near The B-stage twice, once in SF and once in Oakland. I hate it when they move away from me.
So ,being close to them while they are rocking, is what is so great! No matter where I am during the show, it's stil great being in the same building as them!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)