ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: To Those who attended the Chicago pre party Return to archive
September 14th, 2005 10:25 AM
voodoopug Thanks so much for coming out...sorry i havent been around the board much, but i was moving into my new house and just got the internet set up.

Anyway, we didnt quite make our goal with the bar, so basically the band(voodoo pugs) is responsible for a $500 bill. The jackasses at the bar didnt collect cover charge from people as they were supposed to, and that didnt help. It would be great if we could come together to help cover this tab.....If any of you guys were able to come in without paying a cover, any donation to us (paypal to [email protected]) or contact me at the same addy to send me a check, would be greatly appreciated.

To those of you who donated ahead of time.....You are too kind and thank you very much for your help.

If anyone would like to help us cover this bill, please contact me.

Also, to all of you guys I promised CD's to at the show, please email me and i will make them and mail them out to you at my cost

I will post more this week, but it was wonderful to meet all of you.....

Cheers,

john
September 14th, 2005 10:49 AM
nankerphelge I paid my cover charge and I only stayed long enough to choke down some nachos.

Dude -- that cape -- we have to talk....
September 14th, 2005 11:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I paid my cover charge and I only stayed long enough to choke down some nachos.

Dude -- that cape -- we have to talk....

you loved the cape! Thanks for coming Nanky

I am sure i am mixing up the order, but i remember playing the following:

Start Me Up
If You Cant Rock Me
Street Fighting Man
Lets Spend the Night
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Gimme Shelter
Live With Me
Under My Thumb
Jumping Jack Flash
Monkey Man
Shes So Cold
Bitch
Shattered
Oh No Not you Again
19th Nervous Breakdown
Paint it Black
Midnight Rambler
Honky Tonk Woman
Stray Cat Blues
Brown Sugar
Hang Fire
Cant you Hear Me Knocking
September 14th, 2005 11:49 AM
Thing One I read a review on another site that said the voodoopug show was smoking! Pay the man!
September 14th, 2005 12:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Thing One wrote:
I read a review on another site that said the voodoopug show was smoking! Pay the man!

Shades of : " THE BLUES BROTHERS "
September 14th, 2005 12:06 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Joey wrote:

Shades of : " THE BLUES BROTHERS "

Where can I order some tickets for the pre Ohama party?
[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
September 14th, 2005 12:12 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Where can I order some tickets for the pre Ohama party?
[Edited by ListenToTheLion]

Lion ...........................

The Pre / Post Party for the January 29th Omaha Stones' show will be held at a place called " Mr. Toads " in the OLD MARKET --- no reservations necessary .

If the temperature falls below zero that day , an even bigger party ( bang ) will be held at THE LIBERTY TAVERN inside the Hilton Hotel which is connected to THE QWEST CENTER !!!!

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/dining.jhtml?ctyhocn=OMACVHH#0

Jacky
September 14th, 2005 12:24 PM
ListenToTheLion Thanks!
September 14th, 2005 01:22 PM
Saint Sway Pug,

I'm confused. A bar hired you to play at their establishment. They opted to not collect cover charge. And YOU owe them money?

how can that be???
September 14th, 2005 01:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug,

I'm confused. A bar hired you to play at their establishment. They opted to not collect cover charge. And YOU owe them money?

how can that be???

the bar didnt hire us, we had to reserve the bar and guarantee a certain amount of bar/food sales. We, surprisingly, found that no bars that fit our size requirements wanted to open early to accomodate our party, and had to go this route.
September 14th, 2005 01:25 PM
jb You have been humiliated and disgraced..........$500 big ones just when you closed on your house....that's "Rough Justice" on the "Streets of Love".
September 14th, 2005 01:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Thing One wrote:
I read a review on another site that said the voodoopug show was smoking! Pay the man!

many thanks for your kind words!

a few bucks from a bunch of folks would go along way!
September 14th, 2005 01:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the bar didnt hire us, we had to reserve the bar and guarantee a certain amount of bar/food sales. We, surprisingly, found that no bars that fit our size requirements wanted to open early to accomodate our party, and had to go this route.

so basically they are charging you for not eating and drinking enough.

tell them to fuck off.
September 14th, 2005 02:00 PM
Joey

I'm sensing a Lil' Tension ( Lil' Fiji .... ) here amongst me Stonesian Kin ...........................

I'm sensing a .......................................

********* END TRANSMISSION *************
September 14th, 2005 02:05 PM
LadyJane LJ is pissed too....but the post was out of line and I do apologize.

It has been deleted and I regret attacking a friend.

I am sorry.

LJ.
September 14th, 2005 02:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
LJ is pissed too....but the post was out of line and I do apologize.

It has been deleted and I regret attacking a friend.

I am sorry.

LJ.

i have deleted my post, it was for your eyes, and you seen it, i should have sent it private email, but as you can tell i was disgusted.

apology accepted
September 14th, 2005 03:41 PM
Thing One
quote:
jb wrote:
You have been humiliated and disgraced..........$500 big ones just when you closed on your house....that's "Rough Justice" on the "Streets of Love".

If my friend said these words to me, he would no longer be my friend. Busting a man's balls in public is something usually reserved for women.
September 14th, 2005 04:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Thing One wrote:

If my friend said these words to me, he would no longer be my friend. Busting a man's balls in public is something usually reserved for women.

I have spoken to josh privately regarding this matter and it was resolved.
September 14th, 2005 04:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Thing One wrote:

" When the show was on vacation earlier this month, Artie said all he did for four straight days was watch sports, eat pizza with extra cheese and consume chocolate. On the day the show came back, Artie was scheduled to appear on “Late Night with Conan O’Brien.” A couple hours before he had to go to the studio to do “Late Night,” Artie decided he had to try to take a number two, seeing as he hadn’t been able to do so for days due to all the cheese and chocolate he had eaten. Even though he was completely backed up, Artie noted he couldn’t go – no matter how
hard he tried. To make matters worse, during this ordeal Artie had painters as well as his cleaning lady in his apartment, so he couldn’t get any quiet time to do his deed.

Since he was unable to relieve himself it became all he could think about. Artie even bought a fleet enema in the hopes that it would do the trick. With the car set to pick him up for his appearance on “Late Night” less than an hour away, and after two attempts with the fleet enema, Artie was finally able to go to the bathroom. However, the need to do so was so great that he wasn’t able to make it from his bed to his bathroom on time, and he left a mess on his bedroom floor. In addition, following his visit to the bowl, Artie realized that he had gone so much that the toilet was clogged. So, not only was he running late for his TV appearance, but he also had to figure out a way to get his plunger, which was stored by where the painters were working. "

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.php
September 14th, 2005 04:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am sure i am mixing up the order, but i remember playing the following:

Start Me Up
If You Cant Rock Me
Street Fighting Man
Lets Spend the Night
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Gimme Shelter
Live With Me
Under My Thumb
Jumping Jack Flash
Monkey Man
Shes So Cold
Bitch
Shattered
Oh No Not you Again
19th Nervous Breakdown
Paint it Black
Midnight Rambler
Honky Tonk Woman
Stray Cat Blues
Brown Sugar
Hang Fire
Cant you Hear Me Knocking

well thats $500 worth of kick ass music right there.!

call the bar and tell em its even
September 14th, 2005 05:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

well thats $500 worth of kick ass music right there.!

call the bar and tell em its even

post of the year!
September 14th, 2005 05:38 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

post of the year!

For My Baby ! :

September 14th, 2005 05:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

For My Baby ! :

you always cheer me up!
September 15th, 2005 03:32 AM
glencar Puggy, the group I came in with all paid the $5 cover charge. Those people are lying to you. Please get your money back! I will send an extra $10 if necessary but this really will affect my view of Chicago. Or at least that bar, anyway!
September 15th, 2005 09:46 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Puggy, the group I came in with all paid the $5 cover charge. Those people are lying to you. Please get your money back! I will send an extra $10 if necessary but this really will affect my view of Chicago. Or at least that bar, anyway!

Thanks John...I know most of the people were charged, it was mainly those who got there between 1-230 or so that did not have to pay cover...no worries though, anyone who wishes to donate is welcome to, anyone who doesnt want to, no worries there either, many have offered to help so far and I appreciate it!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)