ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Same Setlist Blues??? Return to archive
September 14th, 2005 08:49 AM
time is on my side As the tour winds along, it's become increasingly obvious that the STONES have one master setlist for all shows whether they be arena or stadium shows makes little difference. Outside of a song here and maybe a song there, everyone is getting basically the same show.

It's a greatest hits package with the same warhorses played each night in more or less the same basic order with the same three to four songs played from A Bigger Bang (Rough Justice, Back of My Hand, Infamy, Oh No Not You Again with BOMH played on some nights and not on others) and one cover song (most nights Night Time with Get Up Stand Up mixed in every now and then). Keith in particular seems slavishly stuck on The Worst and Infamy.

Don't get me wrong. I've always thought performance is of greater importance that setlist. From all accounts, the performances on this tour have been good to great. It could be to keep the same consistant high performances; the STONES feel the need on this tour to play the same setlist each and every night. I'll be excited when I see them live myself and will be happy with this setlist.

It appears, outside of the occasional Rocks Off or Paint It Black, tour debuts are going to be few and far between. One wonders when or if more songs from A Bigger Bang will actually be played outside of the four that are set in stone.

[Edited by time is on my side]
September 14th, 2005 09:18 AM
Jumacfly I got this fuckin blues too..you re not the only one with mixed emotions!
September 14th, 2005 09:25 AM
glencar They did 19th Nervous last night & I hadn't actually seen Back Of My Hand yet so I'm happy. Chase yer blues away...
September 14th, 2005 09:49 AM
FotiniD I'm wondering if they're going to keep the same setlist for this leg of the tour (with a few surprises of course) and then perhaps change it (?) for the European part?

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Alright, don't play Sway if you don't feel like it (though I don't see why ), but try to at least add more from ABB. What's the point in having a new album if you don't play it live?
September 14th, 2005 09:56 AM
marko Weel,for europe,they´ll drop She´s so cold and change to
Streets of love,angie or LARS.(not a swedish guy).
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)