ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hotels in New York Return to archive
September 14th, 2005 04:19 AM
BillyBoll Can anyone offer any advice on Hotels in NY? I am hoping to come over with a few people for the second (if there is one) MSG show in January.

I have got quotes for flights and hotels at the Arlington and Pennsylvania. Anyone know what these places are like?

Thanks.
September 14th, 2005 07:25 AM
blackandblue
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Can anyone offer any advice on Hotels in NY? I am hoping to come over with a few people for the second (if there is one) MSG show in January.

I have got quotes for flights and hotels at the Arlington and Pennsylvania. Anyone know what these places are like?

Thanks.

I am sure the Rocks Off'ers who live in New York will give you and your bunch shelter.
September 14th, 2005 10:55 AM
BillyBoll I wouldnt subject anyone to putting up with us lot let loose in New York.
September 14th, 2005 01:49 PM
scope The Hotel Pennsylvania has convenience going for it. It's across the street from MSG. However, although the lobby looks impressive, the reaonablr room rates get you a very small room. Check with PDog for more. He just stayed there. As for the Arlngton, that's a bit of a walk, being on 25th street (MSG is between 32&33) AND it's 2 avenues away. Might be a cold walk in January. Basically, you get what you pay for in the city and if you are just looking for a place to crash for the night, you probably will be fine at the Pennsylvania.
September 14th, 2005 02:00 PM
muddy Unless you're coming in just for the night of the show, don't stay near the Garden. Stay downtown, you'll have a better time. There's a lot more to see and do. You can easily jump on the subway or take a cab and be there in a few minutes. Depending upon your budget check out:
Hotel Gansevoort, Mercer Hotel, Soho Grand, Hotel on Rivington, Holiday Inn Express on Houston St., Hotel 17.
September 14th, 2005 02:08 PM
monkey_man The Hotel Pennsylvania is a dump but you can't beat it for stumbling distance from the Garden!
September 14th, 2005 02:15 PM
BillyBoll Thanks for the info guys. We'll probably be over for 4 or 5 nights so it sounds like downtown is the place to be.
September 14th, 2005 02:30 PM
scope
quote:
muddy wrote:
Unless you're coming in just for the night of the show, don't stay near the Garden. Stay downtown, you'll have a better time. There's a lot more to see and do. You can easily jump on the subway or take a cab and be there in a few minutes. Depending upon your budget check out:
Hotel Gansevoort, Mercer Hotel, Soho Grand, Hotel on Rivington, Holiday Inn Express on Houston St., Hotel 17.

I think that Holiday Inn is the one I stayed at once for a weekend. Very nice place and decent rates. The Penn Hotel is not one to stay at for a prolonged period.
September 14th, 2005 06:06 PM
pdog
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Can anyone offer any advice on Hotels in NY? I am hoping to come over with a few people for the second (if there is one) MSG show in January.

Thanks.

Penn has small rooms and it's really old. I flew and did hotel for about $500... It worked for me... bed, shower, shitter and a TV. It's really close to MSG, and it's easy to meet up with people and hangout. We also used my room for storing peoples stuff during the show... a big plus for friends you're metting up with.
September 14th, 2005 06:09 PM
lotsajizz the Chelsea's pretty historic
September 14th, 2005 10:39 PM
stonedinaustralia when i was there i stayed at the Salisbury Hotel - it's in the 50's a block or two off Central Park but not a real long walk to MSG

can't remember what the cost was but it wasn't outrageous and the rooms were fine - certainly not the Four Season but it was clean and comfortable

tell 'em SIA sent you
September 14th, 2005 10:49 PM
lonecrapshooter try the Mandarin. Rock stars stay there..hint hint
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)