ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hope all you NYC folk are tuned up Return to archive
September 13th, 2005 05:58 PM
nankerphelge Bastards all of yas!

Have a blast!
September 13th, 2005 06:05 PM
charlotte ditto...
September 13th, 2005 07:08 PM
Angiegirl So who am I gonna meet again later in the MSG setlist thread? We wanna be the first to discuss the new ABB song premiering tonight according to Gerardo.
September 13th, 2005 07:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes Angiegirl, today NYC is gonna rock, is a very special day, it's also tuesday 13, but specially... it's NYC!!!

Rock till you drop newyorkers and guests, what a pity I'm not there, cannot wait till next year

...and the song to be premiered will be...
September 13th, 2005 07:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The Garden babies... it's the place

it's tonight

can you feel it?
September 13th, 2005 07:21 PM
Angiegirl Yes, I can feel the fire. All the way across the Atlantic. Brings back memories from my MSG shows in January 1998. *sigh*

September 13th, 2005 07:27 PM
nankerphelge I am working late into the evening and will be checking in regularly!

My guess for the new song -- Dangerous Beauty!

Ahhhhh New York City ya talk a lot, let's 'ave a look at ya!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
September 13th, 2005 07:45 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
My guess for the new song -- Dangerous Beauty!

My guess is SOL.
September 13th, 2005 07:47 PM
nankerphelge You are probably right.

I actually don't mind that song for all the trashing it got amongst us fans! Granted, it wouldn't be my favorite, but I don't hate it.

September 13th, 2005 07:57 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You are probably right.

I actually don't mind that song for all the trashing it got amongst us fans! Granted, it wouldn't be my favorite, but I don't hate it.

Well, depends on if they are capable of actually playing it live, most importantly if Mick can sing it live in that low voice, and I doubt it'll sound pretty!
September 13th, 2005 08:02 PM
nankerphelge That's why I picked Dangerous Beauty -- not sure if Mick is up to all that falsetto -- although I must admit, he did pretty well on the CD (not so bad when you can re-record it 1000 times) -- Live?? I dunno -- I give him an A for effort if he does it!

DB seems to me to be more of a Stones show style tune.

We'll see!!

Yay New York -- wish I was there!!
September 13th, 2005 08:32 PM
charlotte Angie darling..I am always here for you!!!!
September 13th, 2005 08:47 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Bastards all of yas!

Have a blast!

It's hard to believe it's been 3 years since we did NYC. Not being able to get there this time around more than sucks.
I'm really excited for the fortunate ones that have never experienced MSG before. There is nothing like the Stones in NYC, no way no how.

Rick
September 13th, 2005 09:02 PM
nankerphelge Hey buddy -- I was thinkin the same thing! Howe could 3 years have passed so soon?

You thinking maybe January in NYC?
September 13th, 2005 09:06 PM
LadyJane Nank that damn pic is making me dizzy!!!!

Whoever taught you howe to post pics need to be shot.

NYC in January....come on....everyone here tonight...DO IT.

LJ.
September 13th, 2005 09:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Hey buddy -- I was thinkin the same thing! Howe could 3 years have passed so soon?

Yes!
September 13th, 2005 09:10 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:

It's hard to believe it's been 3 years since we did NYC. Not being able to get there this time around more than sucks.
I'm really excited for the fortunate ones that have never experienced MSG before. There is nothing like the Stones in NYC, no way no how.

Rick

Here,here Maxmeister! It's indeed hard to believe that it's been three long years since we toured the rat infested underbelly of Manhattan! Rats on the West side indeed! The Garden is THE place to see the boys. The Stones own NYC like no other band ever will! Tonight is gonna be a special one for sure! Oh well,there's always January. Nanky,Rick,you guys in for that one?

Riffhard
September 13th, 2005 09:10 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Hey buddy -- I was thinkin the same thing! Howe could 3 years have passed so soon?

Yes yes yes! We have to do it.

Rick

September 13th, 2005 09:13 PM
LadyJane I've got tickets for the 18th and will hang around if they do the 20th.

Word.

LJ.
September 13th, 2005 09:19 PM
Riffhard I suppose it's not too early to state that I'm looking for a ticky! So if'n any of you fine folks have an extra perhaps you could hook a Riffy up? I will be there for sure though.

Riffhard
September 13th, 2005 09:23 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I will be there for sure though.

Riffhard

You'd BETTER be. You are high on my list of MUST meet RO'ers.

I was VERY disappointed when one of said listees failed to show in Chicago...and I don't mean jb.

LJ.
September 13th, 2005 09:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

You'd BETTER be. You are high on my list of MUST meet RO'ers.

I was VERY disappointed when one of said listees failed to show in Chicago...and I don't mean jb.

LJ.

Yeah,well let's put it this way LJ,when I say I'm gonna be somewhere I show up!! No-show is not in my vocabulary! He will not live this one down for awhile I take it. As it should be! He had better get his ass to MSG in January,and buy a couple of rounds just to save face! LOL!

Riffhard
September 13th, 2005 09:44 PM
nankerphelge I'm in!
September 14th, 2005 07:42 AM
egon I'M ALSO IN.

sub my work
sub my holidays
sub getting a cheap plane ticket
sub getting a ticket for the concert
sub approval from girlfriend
sub getting a horrible disease
sub approval from girlfriend (best mention this twice)
sub nanky buying me a shitload of heinekens

So yeah, I'm most definitely probably most likely in... i think.
September 14th, 2005 07:54 AM
BillyBoll Sounds like there is going to be mayhem in New York in January. I'll be there with possibly 3 others.
September 14th, 2005 09:23 AM
glencar Oh Sweet Fancy Moses! What an incredible show! I've had "better" seats at MSG but the second balcony isn't all that bad. I had a great view of the main stage & the B-stage & the sound was heavenly. I met so many amazing people before the show at Joe's: SS again, Maxy & Mrs., Luxury, Throbby, Scope, Pdog and a few who post elsewhere. We even went to walter's thinking a certain lawyer would be tehre but it turns out he's only making the Jints show. I guess I'll meet him in the great hereafter...
September 14th, 2005 09:24 AM
glencar See y'all in January!
September 14th, 2005 09:59 AM
Joey

I will be there in Spirit
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)