ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is it just me or can we really do without... Return to archive
September 12th, 2005 05:37 PM
Paranoid_Android some of the standards like SATISFACTION...JJF...BROWN SUGAR...I have seen these on every tour since 79...

Before I get flamed by everyone...let me say this...I LOVE THE STONES...love the shows...hell, even dream about hanging out with Mick and Keith...but when they say that they will "dig deep into their catalogue"...I was hoping it would be a bit deeper than 40 LICKS...

There have been great suggestions on these boards...T&A...Sweet Virginia...19th NBD...even The Lantern...I even hope they will pull Can't You Hear Me Knockin'...truely the hi-lite of the 40 Licks tour...

Lastly...for god's sake...do we have to be so contrieved as to play START ME UP as the opener...???

Let's hear about some FANTASY (though, realistically possible) setlists!!! I will Start:
September 12th, 2005 05:39 PM
SheRat Life, don't talk to me about life.
September 12th, 2005 05:43 PM
Paranoid_Android Loving Cup
Sympathy For The Devil
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'?
Rough Justice
Oh No, Not You Again
Tumbling Dice
She Was Hot
She's So Cold
Monkey Man
back Of My Hand
Down In The Hole
Sweet Virginia
You Got The Silver
Little T & A
Miss You
Emotional Rescue
Love Is Strong
Bitch
Heartbreaker
encore:
Lets Spend The Night Toegether
Fingerprint File...complete w/ "Goodnite...Sleep Tight"
September 12th, 2005 05:43 PM
pdog
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Life, don't talk to me about life.

What do we know about death?
September 12th, 2005 05:45 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Life, don't talk to me about life.

Sweetie...Sweetie...Love Stone...Patsy...Patsy Stone!!!
September 12th, 2005 05:53 PM
SheRat
quote:
pdog wrote:

What do we know about death?

It's Marvin the Paranoid Andriod's most famous quote: "Life, don't talk to me about life."
[Edited by SheRat]
September 12th, 2005 05:57 PM
CraigP "I may be paranoid, but no android."

Welcome to the Rolling Stones.

I can do without the 'warhorses' but I'd rather hear those for the millionth time than some of their shitty songs.

[Edited by CraigP]
September 12th, 2005 06:14 PM
SheRat
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Sweetie...Sweetie...Love Stone...Patsy...Patsy Stone!!!

Thank you! Love Douglas Adams as well. Lately, I've been falling asleep to him reading Dirk Gently's...

I agree with Craig. I'd rather hear a war horse than a bad song.
September 12th, 2005 07:03 PM
Paranoid_Android No one said anything about bad songs...wouldn't you want to hear some GREAT songs in the place of the "warhorses?!?...You could name about 2 dozen I bet...see my setlist above...this, IMO, would be a REFRESHING show which covers most, 80% of their catalogue AND has some "Warhorses" t'boot!
September 12th, 2005 07:15 PM
texile yes android - i could live without MOST of the warhorses, but that's probably because i've been listening to live boots since i was 15.....but you're right - the stones have so much great stuff they never play that it's hard NOT to be dissapointed by the droning setlist.
September 12th, 2005 08:51 PM
The Wick This is not really a setlist, but just songs I would love to hear. Warhorses have to be put in for, at least, economic reasons. Most people who go are not die hards like us so they want to hear all those songs. No one would ever go if they just played obscure tracks.

Let Me Go
Connection
Mona
Almost Hear You Sigh
Had It With You
Winter
Sparks Will Fly
Blue Turns to Grey
You Better Move On
I Just Want To Make Love To You (the way they recorded and released it)
Sh'e A Rainbow
100 Years Ago
Indian Girl (would be nice if they did this in Brazil and Argentina)
All The Way Down
Prodigal Son
Carol
Stupid Girl
Yesterday's Papers
Shake Your Hips
Parachute Woman
Sway
September 12th, 2005 09:20 PM
glencar Here's a song: If You Can't Rock Me. I know they were shaky on it at the start of the last tour but it improved as the tour went on. The first timer sitting next to me the other night kept yelling it out the other night. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he wouldn't be hearing it this night. I let Mick break his heart instead.
September 12th, 2005 09:51 PM
exile Hard core Stones fans like us, take up a small part of the ntire audience. Most of whom come to hear Satisfaction and JJF.

I remember some of the general public complaining during Licks tour Theatre shows, that the stones didnt play enough hits (warhorses)

I dont mind the warhorses. I know that you are always going to get them at a Stones show.

September 12th, 2005 11:17 PM
Saint Sway the set list is great as is!!

and why should they change it????

its not like they have a huge catalog of songs to choose from.

and keep in mind that they are just getting their feet wet with this whole touring thing.

its a lot to ask a band with so little live experience to play more than 20 songs. Let alone vary the set list.

I mean, sure, plenty of other bands mix up their set lists nightly. But those are bands with tons of touring experience. Some with over 4 years!!

its ok to admit that the Stones are challenged in these areas and just need to develop their live act a little further and some day write some additional material to draw from.

trust me. I have high hopes for the Stones. Some day down the road when they develop their chops and build their song catalog, I'm sure they'll be playing long shows with plenty of set list changes every night.

just give them a little more time to develop....
September 12th, 2005 11:28 PM
T&A oh, fer gawd's sake. admit it...the setlist is MAJOR disappointment. The Stones are coasting big-time and EVERYBODY knows it - though not everyone will admit it. The Stones could fall out of bed (keith probably does) and do this show. Not an ounce of drama in it at all. I, for one, am at least willing to call a spade a spade. it's a dog of a set.
September 12th, 2005 11:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
T&A wrote:
oh, fer gawd's sake. admit it...the setlist is MAJOR disappointment. The Stones are coasting big-time and EVERYBODY knows it - though not everyone will admit it. The Stones could fall out of bed (keith probably does) and do this show. Not an ounce of drama in it at all. I, for one, am at least willing to call a spade a spade. it's a dog of a set.

c'mon man, be cool. We're all long time Stones fans here and we're all thrilled to death with this tour. Its got us on the edge of our seats!! Its a thrill-a-minute plane ride!!!

they keep you guessing right from the start!!

OMG! The house lights dim... than bam! Start Me Up!! NO WAY!!!! YES!! Who'd of guessed that! And then - bam! You Got Me Rockin in the 2 slot. WOOO! We are off to the races. And I'm on the edge of my seat wondering if Tumbling Dice will be in the 4 spot??

oh... the anticipation!

and after 40 something years... they finally figured out a big surprise ending.... Sympathy > Brown Sugar > Jumpin Jack Flash!! What a trio! And who saw it coming????

besides... who can complain when they are mixing in such rarely heard songs throughout the set like... Honkeytonk Woman, Miss You, IORR, Satisfaction, Shattered, YCAGWYW, Ruby Tuesday.... OMG! I havent heard those songs EVER! Its so sick how they can just dip into their song catalog like that!!!!

best tour ever!!!!
September 13th, 2005 07:57 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
T&A wrote:
oh, fer gawd's sake. admit it...the setlist is MAJOR disappointment. The Stones are coasting big-time and EVERYBODY knows it - though not everyone will admit it. The Stones could fall out of bed (keith probably does) and do this show. Not an ounce of drama in it at all. I, for one, am at least willing to call a spade a spade. it's a dog of a set.

I would delete the word MAJOR, and just say disappointed...I just don't understand how some girls, um, I mean posters, seem to think that there are no othewr GREAT, CLASSIC, songs, that even soft-core fan would enjoy...

And switching out 1 song or two really doesn't count as changing the set.
September 13th, 2005 08:02 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
exile wrote:

I dont mind the warhorses. I know that you are always going to get them at a Stones show.

That's the point. You KNOW you are ALWAYS going to get them....do you really like your concerts spoon fed to you and packaged like a happy meal with some crappy surprise toy, or do you want a 7 course meal served with pride and some surprises to the pallete?!?

I certainly want what I pay for w/ these prices
September 13th, 2005 03:39 PM
gimmekeef I agree..it would be nice to have more gems...But I'm attending with 6 friends ...their first Stones show and they paid top buck (not that anyone in cheaper seats isnt entitled either)....They are all wanting to know..will they hear Satisfaction, JJF,BS, and the other usual suspects?....So there you go.....
September 13th, 2005 03:49 PM
kath jeeez, is THIS ever a well discussed topic!!! sure, we who follow them like they are the soothsayers of our time would LOVE to hear different/more obscure stuff.

but it ain't gonna happen, unless they do some club shows like for licks. they did fuckin "parachute woman" in a club show!!!

but stadiums and arena...nuh uh. just be glad we still have them around....
September 13th, 2005 03:53 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
jeeez, is THIS ever a well discussed topic!!! sure, we who follow them like they are the soothsayers of our time would LOVE to hear different/more obscure stuff.

but it ain't gonna happen, unless they do some club shows like for licks. they did fuckin "parachute woman" in a club show!!!

but stadiums and arena...nuh uh. just be glad we still have them around....

Damn Straight My Stonesian Sister .....

BEST STONES YET !!!!
September 13th, 2005 05:07 PM
kath i get to see them in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!! i am SOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 13th, 2005 05:30 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
i get to see them in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!! i am SOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel ya ....
September 14th, 2005 11:14 AM
Paranoid_Android bump
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)