ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RICHARDS: 'WATTS' DEATH WOULDN'T HAVE STOPPED THE STONES' Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 13th, 2005 03:40 PM
kath if you've ever been to a charlie watts show and seen keith show up, hear their playful banter, see the love they have for each other...then you know keith couldn't do it. he shoots his mouf off a lot...but if charlie were to die, keef would mourn forever. he loves charlie with all his heart.
September 14th, 2005 12:47 AM
prism I have spoken to Keith about this. His motive for saying the band would carry on without Charlie is to make Charlie feel less guilty if his illness returns, which is in the back of Charlie's mind. Charlie does not want to be the reason the Stones stop. Keith has Charlie's feelings in mind.
September 14th, 2005 12:57 AM
Brainbell Jangler I think that's a nice perspective on it, prism. But if Keith's losing it, as it appears, it's not the drugs. Heroin doesn't cause brain damage. It's the booze, gar-ahn-teed.
September 14th, 2005 03:45 AM
FotiniD
quote:
prism wrote:
I have spoken to Keith about this. His motive for saying the band would carry on without Charlie is to make Charlie feel less guilty if his illness returns, which is in the back of Charlie's mind. Charlie does not want to be the reason the Stones stop. Keith has Charlie's feelings in mind.

That's an interesting take indeed. Hadn't thought of it that way. Perhaps too much of a tough love attitude here, but I guess it does the trick.

By the way, you say you've spoken to Keith...?
September 14th, 2005 12:31 PM
texile of course keith loves charlie - it's just keith being keith - sometimes i love him for it and sometimes i cringe.
September 14th, 2005 02:08 PM
The_Worst I'm actually surprised at all the Keith bashing... Do you guys honestly believe that Keith would say anything to bash Charlie? Come on!!! For years & years Keith has said that Charlie is one of the main reasons for the Stones lasting...At every show, he bows down to him during intros. I don't think this is all showbiz, this is genuine.

Saying the Stones would continue even if Charlie was unable to continue with them is not a bash against Charlie, it's a statement of fact. I said it before & I'll say it again, The Rolling Stones are Mick & Keith's band. Could they have gotten the sound that we all love without Charlie Watts? NO WAY!!! However, if Charlie can't continue that doesn't mean that the machine can't keep going...

Whether it should or not, that may be a different question...but will it? I say absolutely!!!
September 15th, 2005 09:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
I'm actually surprised at all the Keith bashing...

Tsk Tsk, Really. Wolves in sheeps clothing, huh?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)