ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
Đ 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RICHARDS: 'WATTS' DEATH WOULDN'T HAVE STOPPED THE STONES' Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 12th, 2005 12:31 PM
moy RICHARDS: 'WATTS' DEATH WOULDN'T HAVE STOPPED THE STONES'

KEITH RICHARDS

KEITH RICHARDS has again insisted THE ROLLING STONES would have carried on rocking even if drummer CHARLIE WATTS had died of throat cancer last year (04).

The veteran BROWN SUGAR guitarist was devastated when Watts, who has since been given the all clear, was diagnosed with the disease in 2004, but admits even the drummer's demise wouldn't have stood in the way of another tour.

Richards says, "You know, I've got to say, probably we would (have toured anyway). We would go on."
12/09/2005 13:47
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/richards%20watts%20death%20wouldnt%20have%20stopped%20the%20stones
September 12th, 2005 01:14 PM
Zulu Fun Mix Keith shouldn't have said that. He's slowly starting to lose it. I already suspected as much with his weird comment about Mick's dick and balls. This is much, much worse. Combined with his relative lack of productivity and his general goofiness these days, I think the drug abuse is finally starting to catch up with him as his brain naturally ages. Sad.
September 12th, 2005 01:21 PM
The_Worst
quote:
moy wrote:
RICHARDS: 'WATTS' DEATH WOULDN'T HAVE STOPPED THE STONES'

KEITH RICHARDS

KEITH RICHARDS has again insisted THE ROLLING STONES would have carried on rocking even if drummer CHARLIE WATTS had died of throat cancer last year (04).

The veteran BROWN SUGAR guitarist was devastated when Watts, who has since been given the all clear, was diagnosed with the disease in 2004, but admits even the drummer's demise wouldn't have stood in the way of another tour.

Richards says, "You know, I've got to say, probably we would (have toured anyway). We would go on."
12/09/2005 13:47
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/richards%20watts%20death%20wouldnt%20have%20stopped%20the%20stones

This doesn't surprise me at all. As much as Charlie Watts is a huge part of the Stones, the second Charlie was diagnosed Keith told Mick to get on the drums & to keep moving on. A few years ago Keith said the Stones would keep going on even if Ron died. The fact that they kept recording told me the Stones will exist until one of Mick or Keith drops or becomes extremely ill...

For years & years Charlie has said that he plays drums for Mick & Keith. We all love Charlie but at the end of the day the Stones are Mick & Keith's band.
September 12th, 2005 01:23 PM
Gazza He's changed his tune from what he's been saying for years as he's always trumpeted the line about the band being down to three core members that cant be replaced, not to mention his endless crowing about Charlie's importance to the band ("the Rolling Stones, to me, is Charlie Watts..", "as long as Charlie's up for it.." etc )

he's talking through his ass and its a remark in quite poor taste. If he cant see that the death of one of the key members of the band after 42 years would have been a good reason to call it a career, then he's kidding himself. I'm sure Charlie - a man who according to his wife will never be the one to quit because he wouldnt let Mick and Keith down - is flattered to read that he's suddenly not as indispensable as he was always told he was.

Maybe Keith should stop speaking to journalists for a while. After that Q interview last month, they're starting to become increasingly embarrassing
[Edited by Gazza]
September 12th, 2005 01:45 PM
gimmekeef How accurate are these contactmusic releases.They always seem somewhat like tabloid stuff....If you think the Taylor Wood stuff's a big deal..can you imagine a new face trying to replace on of the Big 3 ?
September 12th, 2005 01:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
How accurate are these contactmusic releases.They always seem somewhat like tabloid stuff....

They like to put their own spin on things to be sure.

By JIM FARBER
NY DAILY NEWS
Originally published on September 11, 2005
The Rolling Stones — Charlie Watts, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger and Ron Wood — return to the Garden Tuesday.

Keith Richards doesn't have to think long when he's asked if the Rolling Stones would have soldiered on if drummer Charlie Watts had succumbed to throat cancer last year instead of trouncing it.
First, Richards hesitates.

"Well, we'd really have to think about it," he says.

But two seconds later, he adds: "You know, I've got to say, probably we would. We would go on."

And there you have it.

September 12th, 2005 02:29 PM
The Wick He has turned into the knob in the band. He should get in touch with Pete Townshend and swap notes.
September 12th, 2005 02:46 PM
ListenToTheLion Maybe they should ask Keith: what would you think if the Stones would carry on after your funeral.
September 12th, 2005 02:52 PM
Joey [quote]Gazza wrote:
" I'm sure Charlie - a man who according to his wife will never be the one to quit because he wouldnt let Mick and Keith down - is flattered to read that he's suddenly not as indispensable as he was always told he was."

Pete Townshend said the same thing about Keith Moon in 1979 .........................................

Shiver ........................................

September 12th, 2005 02:55 PM
Stray Cat UK Keith was my hero for too many years to mention...........but this proves he has now completely lost it.

Even if he thought that they could carry on,I can't believe he would say it after all Charlie has been through !

Can you imagine the Stones with some flashy /splashy cymbal swishing,over the top tub thumper,like say.......Steve Jordon.

FUCK.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Keith - stop drinking and WAKE UP !
September 12th, 2005 03:52 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Joey wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:
" I'm sure Charlie - a man who according to his wife will never be the one to quit because he wouldnt let Mick and Keith down - is flattered to read that he's suddenly not as indispensable as he was always told he was."

Pete Townshend said the same thing about Keith Moon in 1979 .........................................

Shiver ........................................

That is the best example I can think of... The Who continued on & so will the Stones...Granted, they would never be the same without Mr. Watts but I completely believe that until either Mick or Keith are gone we will have the Stones!!!
September 12th, 2005 03:54 PM
gotdablouse Wow, how tasteless, Keith has become a real bitch. How about learning the chords again, instead of shooting off your mouth !
September 12th, 2005 03:58 PM
the good Well, I'm willing to give Keith the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he was thinking that if Charlie died, the Stones would be done, but he and Mick would still tour as Jagger/Richards or something? I mean, its really hard to imagine them touring as the Rolling Stones without Charlie. Certainly, I don't think Mick would do it, and at that point, he would realize its time to call it quits. Then I guess Keith would say the Stones would still tour, even without Mick
September 12th, 2005 04:13 PM
kath i owe keith a swift kick in the shins....
September 12th, 2005 04:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:

the good wrote: its really hard to imagine them touring as the Rolling Stones without Charlie.

Mike Love still tours as the Beach Boys.

September 12th, 2005 04:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Mike Love still tours as the Beach Boys.

yeah but everyone knows Mike Love is a knobend

The guy's been married about ten times for Chrissakes and was responsible for firing Brian Wilson.

If Keith ever got to Mike Wilson's level of gobshiteness, he really would need to be hung by the testicles
September 12th, 2005 04:44 PM
Lazy Bones Keith is Charlie's guitarist!
September 12th, 2005 04:50 PM
LadyJane I believe with every fiber of my being that this statement is FALSE.

Keith would NEVER utter those words.

Libel.

LJ.
September 12th, 2005 04:55 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
How accurate are these contactmusic releases.They always seem somewhat like tabloid stuff

It seems like everyday we have a new "quote" from them designed to stir up the fans. Both Keith and Charlie addressed this topic in the new issue of Rolling Stone, and of the two, only Charlie seemed to think the band should continue without him.

No Watts = No Stones.
September 12th, 2005 08:33 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

For years & years Charlie has said that he plays drums for Mick & Keith.

That's not what he was saying when he had Jagger hanging out of a hotel window circa 1983.
September 12th, 2005 08:55 PM
quackenbush Did Keith mean that they would continue with the plan already in motion, or did he mean that the Rolling Stones would continue to function as a band? If he meant the latter, then Charlie should remind Keith that he is his fucking guitarist.
September 12th, 2005 09:22 PM
glencar Ridiculous statement by an increasingly crazy man. Thank God Mick still cares.
September 13th, 2005 07:03 AM
Too Tough
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
Keith shouldn't have said that. He's slowly starting to lose it. I already suspected as much with his weird comment about Mick's dick and balls. This is much, much worse. Combined with his relative lack of productivity and his general goofiness these days, I think the drug abuse is finally starting to catch up with him as his brain naturally ages. Sad.

What "lack of productivity"? Cause he didn't (unlike Mick) rush back into the studio between Stones tours to make another solo album? Gee, I can't imagine why after a gruelling world tour he would want to relax at his Conneticut mansion with his beautiful wife and daughters? How perplexing!
September 13th, 2005 08:16 AM
IanBillen I am truly surprised he said this. If, infact he did say this?

Not only is it slightly rude just to say that they would continue trudging forward without Charlie being here it goes against what he has said in the past. I specifically remember him saying "when Charlie says it's over, it's over". Well you know this would be just the very same....even horribly worse.
I don't get Keith lately. He has been awful damn candid.

And let us not fool ourselves even for a millisecond boys and girls. A Rolling Stones without our Charlie is in vaine, and hopelessly lost. Without any of them at this point it would be too too much of a blow. It wouldn't even be the same. And the NEVER could be a Rolling Stones without Charlie Watts yesterday, or today. What the hell would be next a Rolling Stones without Mick Jagger?.....now isn't that the strangest thought you ever heard of.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
September 13th, 2005 08:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yeah but everyone knows Mike Love is a knobend

"Knobend"....Never heard that word before. But it can't be good. (When I was 5 or 6 years old I didn't know what a "lezzie" was....but I did I know one of our neighbors was one because my Granfather kept saying she was.)
September 13th, 2005 11:33 AM
wgwalsh Some of the journals and journalists are bad. Just like some people are good and bad. Some journalists twist, contort and take statements out of context. Some just flat out lie. It is often called fiction at times, but known as bullshit the rest of the time.

The statement about KR carrying on the band after CW passes should insult your noggin. KR will carry on as a musician, maybe a wino, maybe a session player, but the Stones will be done just like Led Zep was toast when JB bought the farm. The Who could have reformed under another name just out of respect to KM. Look at Page & Plant.

The Stones could rename themselves ? Mick & Keith ? How about the Glimmer Twins ? Lotsa of possibilities exist. Let us savor the moment while it is here. Because once it is gone, it will never be back.
September 13th, 2005 12:06 PM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
Too Tough wrote:

What "lack of productivity"? Cause he didn't (unlike Mick) rush back into the studio between Stones tours to make another solo album? Gee, I can't imagine why after a gruelling world tour he would want to relax at his Conneticut mansion with his beautiful wife and daughters? How perplexing!

Sorry, but what you have just written here is bullshit (see Harry G. Frankfurt, *On Bullshit*, Princeton University Press, 2005). Keith hasn't produced a solo album since 1992 (except for his half of B2B). His contribution to *Forty Licks* was pathetic. The general consensus is that Mick dominates *A Bigger Bang*, and Mick indirectly admitted as much in a recent interview. The songs Keith has chosen to sing on official releases have become progressively weaker during the past decade. His public comments and behavior are occasionally bizarre. Something is happening to his brain-mouth-limbs circuits. What would be YOUR explanation, if not massive drug and alcohol abuse combined with the natural effects of aging?
September 13th, 2005 02:24 PM
wgwalsh Went to the contact website today and found the information to be rather sparse.
September 13th, 2005 02:35 PM
texile keith, tactless?
why the surprise? keith has always been an ass.....
September 13th, 2005 03:29 PM
TooTough
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

Sorry, but what you have just written here is bullshit (see Harry G. Frankfurt, *On Bullshit*, Princeton University Press, 2005). Keith hasn't produced a solo album since 1992 (except for his half of B2B). His contribution to *Forty Licks* was pathetic. The general consensus is that Mick dominates *A Bigger Bang*, and Mick indirectly admitted as much in a recent interview. The songs Keith has chosen to sing on official releases have become progressively weaker during the past decade. His public comments and behavior are occasionally bizarre. Something is happening to his brain-mouth-limbs circuits. What would be YOUR explanation, if not massive drug and alcohol abuse combined with the natural effects of aging?

Couldnīt agree more, Zulu!

Btw: Iīm the first TooTough, the original one if you like...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)