ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Video:Live At MAX (1991) Return to archive
September 9th, 2004 09:20 AM
piratekeef Hi there,

I just watched the "Live at The MAX" 1991 video again. It reminded of some thoughts that I had when I watched the home video release (commercial video, no copy) for the first time. The movie and the video release were advertised to match high quality standards (and even to push them further). However, this is not my impression. Neither audio nor videowise. The TV broadcasts of the 89/90 tours that I got to watch since, seem to have a higher standard of picture/audio track than this "Live At The MAX" release. I'm especially wondering about the blurred and distorted colours. Does anybody have had the same experience? Any clue?
September 9th, 2004 09:28 AM
M.O.W.A.T. I would assume that the blurred and distorted colors are due to the fact that Live at the Max was originally filmed on, and destined to be played in, the IMAX format.
September 9th, 2004 09:31 AM
piratekeef ...how come the colours don't display well enough on a TV screen. I mean - it's a home video release too.
September 9th, 2004 10:01 AM
M.O.W.A.T. it's a video release of the original movie -- I doubt that they would spend the money to make another one in a different format.
September 9th, 2004 09:23 PM
Soldatti My Div-x copy is excelent on all the ways, good image, good sound and much better than my old VHS tape...
September 9th, 2004 09:35 PM
Mr Hess The music was all lip-synched anyhow.