ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dublin: One Year Ago Today Return to archive
September 9th, 2004 09:20 AM
glencar This day alst year was the best Stones concert I ever attended. It was the most fun concert & I was in a great country witha great group of Irish folks. I'm not sure I can ever top that experience of being right at the stage & watching Keith ape Mick's moves & then singing "It's A Long Way To Tipperary" in his set. If they never tour again, I'll still be satisfied.
September 9th, 2004 09:26 AM
FotiniD Hm, great memories... Here's to repeating them Glencar To even better ones!
September 9th, 2004 10:34 AM
Make It Funky Yeah... I hear ya mate. I was there for both gigs too. Immediate front, at Keith's doorstep. What a crazy show.
I quite liked the antagonisms between Keith and Mick at this show. Keith was hillarious. Especially when the smoke went in his eyes. Where most humans wouldve been in tears from that eye-toke, he took it in stride..haha.. A high light for me, was when both Jagger & Richards were down on that lower protruding platform during the outro to SFTD. They were both competing for spotlight time, and neither one was giving up that spot. "Tell me baby...whats my name..." and Keith was doing those solo things.. fucking brilliant.

I still can't decide which show was better. I reckon the first (with Tipperary). But I waited an entire tour to hear the Midnight Rambler.Wow. A year ago?? Thanks for reminding me!

Cheers
September 9th, 2004 10:34 AM
Make It Funky Yeah... I hear ya mate. I was there for both gigs too. Immediate front, at Keith's doorstep. What a crazy show.
I quite liked the antagonisms between Keith and Mick at this show. Keith was hillarious. Especially when the smoke went in his eyes. Where most humans wouldve been in tears from that eye-toke, he took it in stride..haha.. A high light for me, was when both Jagger & Richards were down on that lower protruding platform during the outro to SFTD. They were both competing for spotlight time, and neither one was giving up that spot. "Tell me baby...whats my name..." and Keith was doing those solo things.. fucking brilliant.

I still can't decide which show was better. I reckon the first (with Tipperary). But I waited an entire tour to hear the Midnight Rambler.Wow. A year ago?? Thanks for reminding me!

Cheers
September 9th, 2004 10:59 AM
glencar I liked the first show more but I suppose the second was better from a technical standpoint. The first one had the "Wild Horses" snafu with Miss Corr.
September 9th, 2004 09:31 PM
Soldatti The boots were great...
September 10th, 2004 01:01 PM
Make It Funky Sol: You mean there are boots from the Dublin shows!?!?!?!?
What!?!?!?!?? How did I not find out about it?? Can someone let me know how I would get a hold of it!?!? I think ANYONE who attended those Dublin shows should have legitimate claim to owning a soundtrack to that evening. Please, let me know how I can get a listen!

Cheers from Australia.
September 10th, 2004 03:05 PM
glencar Funky, I have some boots from the shows. They're okay so PM me if you'd like them. I'm in the USA.
September 10th, 2004 03:37 PM
Jumacfly I remember these shows were "tree-ed" on RO last year right??
September 10th, 2004 03:44 PM
glencar Yes & I also got some from an Irish friend. They sound about the same.
September 10th, 2004 07:35 PM
Soldatti I remember hear "It's a Long Was To Tipperary" on the Keith's set, it's right?
September 10th, 2004 10:43 PM
glencar Yes, the first show. He said at the second show something like, "We're not gonna do that one again."