ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: charlie Return to archive
September 8th, 2004 12:21 PM
kath somebody posted that they had "heard" he was going to have more surgery, so i asked. this is the response:

"The treatment is finished and there was NO 2nd OP !! That's BS. He is OK and doing well."

i also asked if there was an address people could send cards to, and was told it is up to sherry. but she is out of the office and we have to wait until she returns and decides. there are already hundreds of cards and letters there and we're not sure if she wants to be inundated with more since charlie probably won't have the time to go through them all.

but anyway, at least we know that the rumor about more surgery was incorrect and that he is doing well.

September 8th, 2004 12:33 PM
LadyJane Thank you Kath!

Thank you God!

LJ.
September 8th, 2004 02:40 PM
Martha Kath, you are fantastic to check this out and let us all know the truth about Charlie's health. Thank you!

I'm very glad that you are coming around to the board and posting info and your thoughts.

You have such a great sense of humor! I hope you will keep coming here....and often! :-)

peace,
MArtha
September 8th, 2004 02:55 PM
Factory Girl Thanks Kath!! Long live my Charlie (and everyone else's)!
September 8th, 2004 03:22 PM
kath i really like that animation of yours....very funny!!
September 8th, 2004 03:57 PM
IanBillen
quote:
kath wrote:
somebody posted that they had "heard" he was going to have more surgery, so i asked. this is the response:

"The treatment is finished and there was NO 2nd OP !! That's BS. He is OK and doing well."

i also asked if there was an address people could send cards to, and was told it is up to sherry. but she is out of the office and we have to wait until she returns and decides. there are already hundreds of cards and letters there and we're not sure if she wants to be inundated with more since charlie probably won't have the time to go through them all.

but anyway, at least we know that the rumor about more surgery was incorrect and that he is doing well.

Wow, that is great to see on the board. And it is great to see you posting here. Thank you very much for keeping us informed. We all so much appreciate it. Without you we would be totaly in the dark and wondering all the time.
Ian

September 8th, 2004 04:23 PM
mickjaggersgrl aww thats good im glad charlie is ok!
September 8th, 2004 04:37 PM
Rolling Hansie
quote:
kath wrote:

Thank you so very much Kath for keeping us informed. You are beautiful.
September 8th, 2004 04:38 PM
glencar Next time you call, find out about a touring schedule.
September 8th, 2004 04:45 PM
Saint Sway awesome news!

CHARLIE WATTS IS GOD

September 8th, 2004 05:04 PM
mickjaggersgrl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
awesome news!

CHARLIE WATTS IS GOD

a rolling stone never dies!
September 8th, 2004 05:14 PM
glencar Duh, I don't think Brian Jones got THAT memo!
September 8th, 2004 05:23 PM
Joey

Thanks Kath
September 8th, 2004 05:29 PM
kath oh glencar, you big silly......

i don't "call".....

keep UP!!!!
[Edited by kath]
September 8th, 2004 09:20 PM
Soldatti Thanks Kath!
Long life Charlie...
September 9th, 2004 12:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
kath wrote:

Great news! So is it time to go back to "ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board"?
September 9th, 2004 12:07 AM
glencar Nah, maybe next week.
September 9th, 2004 12:11 AM
parmeda I agree, glenny
...and many thanks to Kath.
September 9th, 2004 10:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I agree, glenny
...and many thanks to Kath.

Yeah. Me too. What's the rush?
September 9th, 2004 09:25 PM
Soldatti
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Great news! So is it time to go back to "ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board"?

Next week...