ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Dad (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 7th, 2004 08:18 AM
scope My sincere sympathy for your loss Matt.
[Edited by scope]
September 7th, 2004 09:18 AM
Joey
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Sorry about this irrelevance on a Stones board.
I know I wrote recently that my dad got ill when he fell over and punctured his lung. He got better for a while and I was able to see him in the hospital a couple of times but on Wednesday he had a cardiac arrest and died on Thursday morning.
He was an amazing, charasmatic, gentle and also a loving father. He had big problems with the booze and to say he got to 60 living his life at the pace he did is pretty amazing.
I just wanted to honour him here. Sorry again,

Cheers,

Matt

I offer my heartfelt condolences Zeeta .

Joey

September 7th, 2004 09:45 AM
nankerphelge Sorry to hear it Zeet.

Hang in there!
September 7th, 2004 10:38 AM
glencar My condolences for you & your family, Zeeta.
September 7th, 2004 12:04 PM
Martha Yes Martha I love Dylan, he is almost as cool as Charlie!

Ok, I'll burn it for you right away! :-)

The mood swings are strange also ain't they?!? One minute cool as a cat the next paining or angry. I guess everyone must go through this sometime - it's just life!

Yes, this is the nature of the grieving process...one minute you feel ok and the next you feel anger, sadness or anxiety. My experience with grieving the loss of a loved one is that the emotions can hit ya' like a freight train. Let those emotions come on through and you will feel peace come over you too...in time that is. Grieving is very healing.

Did you PM me your mailing addy? I haven't checked yet. If you did thanks! I'll get the Dylan gem out to you this week. :-)

with peace, love and support,
MArtha

September 7th, 2004 12:48 PM
Lambchop* I am so sorry to hear this. I was hoping he'd pull through.

My condolences.

September 7th, 2004 05:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
His funeral is a week today and we're gonna have it not as a wake but as his party! No-one wants a really grim send off. M

Well, I'm sorry Matt and like some others here I've lost a parent too. Since I read this post all's I can think of is that story you told about your Dad helping tear the place apart after the cops shut off Jimi Hendrix years ago. That story always made me laugh. And I'll always remember it. May you Dad (and my Mom and the others) rest in peace and live forever.
September 8th, 2004 10:45 AM
Zeeta Just wanted to say thankyou again to everyone who has paid their respects, given condolences and offered support - It is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Take care and rock it!

M
September 8th, 2004 02:52 PM
sirmoonie Sorry to hear that Zeet. Stay strong.

September 8th, 2004 05:40 PM
mickmask Wow, I'm so sorry Matt.
Had to I.D. my mom at 21. Really hits hard. Sounds like you loved him tons! I'll bet he knew it! He must've been a good man... sounds like he raised a great son. He's never really gone you know... he lives on in you. You'll find that as time goes by.
Take care,
mm.
September 8th, 2004 09:03 PM
J.J.Flash Your brazilian brother feels so much for you dear Matt. I remember coupla months ago we were talking about your father and how he was doing. Sorry my brother, I don't know what to say in such a odd moment like that.

All my prayers are with you. God bless you and your family. Rock on!
September 10th, 2004 02:47 PM
jb Sorry I could not post earlier as we are having a hard time down here in Fla., but like all above, I offer my sincere condolences to you and your family. I lost my dad at age 4, and I always woundered what my life would be like had he lived. Fortunately, you and your family will cherish the many memories you had with your beloved father.
Page: 1 2