ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Dad (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 6th, 2004 12:59 PM
Zeeta Sorry about this irrelevance on a Stones board.
I know I wrote recently that my dad got ill when he fell over and punctured his lung. He got better for a while and I was able to see him in the hospital a couple of times but on Wednesday he had a cardiac arrest and died on Thursday morning.
He was an amazing, charasmatic, gentle and also a loving father. He had big problems with the booze and to say he got to 60 living his life at the pace he did is pretty amazing.
I just wanted to honour him here. Sorry again,

Cheers,

Matt
September 6th, 2004 01:02 PM
littleredrooster I'm sorry for your loss!
Losing a parent is very difficult.

September 6th, 2004 01:05 PM
BillyBoll Zeeta

Sorry to hear about you losing your Dad. I lost my Mum a while ago and was very close to losing my Dad earlier on this year.

Its a hell of a blow. Just try and remember the good times and, dont forget, you'll end up in turning into him!

I catch myself now thinking "bloody hell, I sound just like my Dad". Except when it comes to the Stones as he bloody hates them!

Anyway, take care and look after yourself.

Billy
[Edited by BillyBoll]
September 6th, 2004 01:07 PM
LadyJane Matt..I am so very sorry. My best wishes are with you and your family.

Hang in there.

LJ.
September 6th, 2004 01:13 PM
Angiegirl Very sorry to hear that, take care ok!!!
September 6th, 2004 01:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot I offer my most sincere and heartfelt condolences Matt.

September 6th, 2004 01:26 PM
mac_daddy zeeta -

i lost my father earlier this year; my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. hang in there...
September 6th, 2004 01:41 PM
erikjjf Zeeta, I'm very sorry to hear that.

/Erik
September 6th, 2004 01:53 PM
stewed & Keefed Matt,I'm so sorry to hear that news,take care mate.

Steve
September 6th, 2004 02:05 PM
Martha Matt, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. You have my deepest sympathies.

Would you be cool with my sending you some musical medicine? I have a Dylan gem (Field Recordings...*gems* soundboard source) on the burner that is wonderful, if you like Bob that is. Dylan's music has proved to be very healing for me, it helped me through some very deep grief recently. If you want it just way the word and it will go out to you this week. Just PM me your info.

In the meantime, take extra good care of yourself. I'm so glad you felt like you could share your very sad news with us.

with love and peace,
MArtha
September 6th, 2004 02:17 PM
Factory Girl Matty, I'm so so sorry. Losing a parent is so fucking hard, especially when they go too soon. I lost my dad when I was 16, and its just so awful. If you were here I'd give you a great big hug and a kindred spirit to talk to. Hang in there, Matty. You can PM me anytime, babe.

Your friend,

FG
September 6th, 2004 02:55 PM
Lazy Bones Sorry to hear about the passing of your father, Matt. Lean on the good times and you'll pull though.
September 6th, 2004 03:08 PM
Monkey Woman I'm sorry to hear that, Matt. All my sympathy to you and your family. I hope music and the RO community helps you in this difficult period.
September 6th, 2004 03:18 PM
Zeeta Thanks very much everyone. It is a bit weird to get used to. The worst thing was I had to go and ID his body as because this illness started because he fell, natural causes cannot be given as the reason for death so an inquest and post mortum have to be held. His funeral is a week today and we're gonna have it not as a wake but as his party! No-one wants a really grim send off. I know I can get through this but it's gonna be hard and my younger brother is hurt too as well as my mum, my dad's ex wife.
Yes Martha I love Dylan, he is almost as cool as Charlie!
The mood swings are strange also ain't they?!? One minute cool as a cat the next paining or angry. I guess everyone must go through this sometime - it's just life!
Anyway, hoist drink to him if possible.
M
September 6th, 2004 03:23 PM
kath oh gawd, i'm so sorry, matt. my dad has been gone for 22 years and i still miss him. every day i think of him.

your dad will always be with you. he will guide you, he will even smack you in the head once in a while. he will always be your dad.

the pain will get better as time passes, and you will remember the good times, the funny things he did and said.

take care.
September 6th, 2004 03:30 PM
parmeda Matt, I am so sorry to hear about your father.
I commend you for being brave enough to share your loss with us in the manner in which you have...

I too, lost my father quite suddenly to cardiac arrest. He was 60 years old as well. It's devistating, but we somehow manage. It's takes time, Matt...have patience, have faith. You will find the strength and courage to take each day as it comes.
September 6th, 2004 03:43 PM
Moonisup take care Matt, losing someone you love is really difficult!

Take care!

Rik
September 6th, 2004 03:53 PM
gypsy Oh, Matt, I'm so very sorry. My prayers are with you and your loved ones. There's not much else I can say...please come to the board if you feel like you want to 'talk.' We're all here for you if you need anything at all. If you need a sounding board, post your emotions here...we are here for you...and will try to help you as best we can.
September 6th, 2004 05:35 PM
Phog My deepest sympathies. Hoisting one to your father now.
September 6th, 2004 05:44 PM
Jumacfly Matt, i 'm sorry, all my wishes to you and your family...
We love you here, take care...
September 6th, 2004 07:00 PM
caro Take care, Matt.
September 6th, 2004 07:23 PM
Factory Girl Absolutely, what Ju said: "We love you here." Please take care. Check PM.
September 6th, 2004 07:48 PM
MarthaMyDear I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry to hear that, Matt!!!
I hope you take good care of yourself (especially now) and I'm
glad to communicate with such a nice and funny person such as
yourself!!! Take care, ok., and I'll talk to
you soon and HOPEFULLY see you next year in England if the
Stones do play!!! Anways, take care, PEACE, and
KEEP ROCKIN'!!! PEACE!!!

*** mMartha ***
September 6th, 2004 08:50 PM
CS My sincere condolences Matt, so sorry
September 6th, 2004 09:32 PM
Soldatti I'm sorry for your lost Matt, god bless your family.
September 6th, 2004 11:16 PM
stonedinaustralia Matt - sorry to hear about that - my sympathy to you and your family
September 6th, 2004 11:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is really sad news; I lost my parents a long time ago and realized that the older we are the harder it feels. We can always have differences specially when we’re teenagers but a dad is a dad and there’s only one and to lose him is a devastating loss

At the name of the three of us as Jaxx is very busy and Gazza is on vacation we give you our most deep and sincere condolences.

Sincerely

September 7th, 2004 01:21 AM
marko I lost mine 2.5years ago,in a accident.So i know what yer
going thru,only difference is,that i had a wake up call
at 6am,on a easter sunday.He died,while driving a car,slept.
But as we all know by now,ALL things/peoples,comes to an end.No way to go around it.
September 7th, 2004 02:57 AM
FotiniD I'm really sorry for this Matt.
It's very nice that you decided to have a party to honor him. It'll be more helpful for you and much better for him.

Not much else to say, just take care. Life is weird, and we don't even know what we're doing here, so...

September 7th, 2004 07:20 AM
egon i can't begin to imagine how you must feel.
All the best matt!!
Page: 1 2