ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The whole tracklist of ALFIE OST Return to archive
September 4th, 2004 08:11 AM
montana TRACK LIST
1. "Old Habits Die Hard" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
2. "Jack The Lad"
3. "Blind Leading The Blind" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
4. "Oh Nicky"
5. "Darkness Of Your Love" - Gary "Mudbone" Cooper and Dave Stewart
6. "New York Hustle"
7. "Lonely Without You (This Christmas)" - Mick Jagger and Joss Stone
8. "Let's Make It Up" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
9. "Standing In The Rain"
10. "Counting The Days"
11. "Aim Higher"
12. "What's It All About Alfie?" - Mick Jagger and Joss Stone
13. "Blind Leading The Blind (Live Acoustic Version)" - Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart
14. "Old Habits Reprise"

Source: Emi Spain
The OST will be released in Spain on Oct. 18th
September 4th, 2004 09:14 AM
cwatts0462 mick is a fool for this kind of stupid shit
September 4th, 2004 11:05 AM
T&A let's wait and find out. Stewart's a pretty cool dude and has a damned fine ear - maybe this collaboration will pleasantly surprise some of those in "critic section."
September 4th, 2004 11:12 AM
glencar Almost sounds like a Jagger solo album.
September 4th, 2004 03:57 PM
Soldatti 7 songs with Mick!
I don't know what think...
September 4th, 2004 04:09 PM
luridchief Joss Stone's album is great, so I'm looking forward to it.

Plus, at least Mick's working . . . !
September 4th, 2004 04:20 PM
Gazza Indeed.

It's hardly his fault the rest of the band are either having health problems or devoid of artistic creativity.

Since "Voodoo Lounge" was recorded 11 years ago, Mick has composed at least half of the BTB songs, did his own solo album, wrote 3 of the 4 new songs that were on 40 Licks plus co-wrote and recorded most of this soundtrack album, (plus his other acting and movie producing ventures in that time)

While I'd acknowledge he hasn't been THAT prolific musically,if you were to count the number of released songs written by Keith in all of that time, you would only just about need two hands to do so (about 5 or 6 on BTB plus "losing my touch"). And Keith hasn't done much in the way of non-Stones activities in that time either to give him an excuse.
September 4th, 2004 04:39 PM
Soldatti You got a point Gazza, 7 songs of Bridges + 14 songs on Goddes (b-sides included) + 3 songs on Forty Licks + 4-5 on this Soundtrack = almost 30 songs on less than 10 years.
Good or bad but at least he is writting...
Keith, are you there?
September 5th, 2004 05:52 PM
gotdablouse Not counting Keith's failure at getting Sheryl Crow to relase "High or Low" on her 2002 album...that's got to tbe the nadir of his carreer so far :-(

I think Keith should spend less time dissing other people and lazying around on beaches and take music seriously again, WTF has gotten into him ?!
September 5th, 2004 10:14 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
WTF has gotten into him ?!

nothing i'd say

his creative juices may well have dried up a bit but what the fuck do i know about that - i bet,however, he still picks up a guitar or sits down at the piano if not daily then regularly and i'm sure his love of music has not diminished one iota since, well, whenever

imho 'tho the questions are

"What else does he have to prove?" - A. Nothing

"Who else does he need to impress - who else does he "owe" anything to?" A. Nobody

September 6th, 2004 03:07 AM
Bloozehound Shit, since they've been off tour, this last year Keefs been all over the damned place -- the Grammy awards inducting ZZ Top, the Gram Parsons tribute, and the Willie & Friends show.

He's gigged at the New Orleans Jazz Heritage Fest, in Connecticut with Honeyboy Edwards, in L.A. with Waddy W.

He's on the Toots and Maytals, and Willie & Friends discs.

Maybe he hasn't set the world on fire with any of this, but I'd say he's made up for some neglection. As a fan I'm happy to see him out there playing live, and keeping it real, honoring the artists and music that he loves.

I also seem to remember Keef saying he wasn't too happy with the new songs they'd released on 40 Licks.(plus doesn't he have arthritus ?)

Anyways, I'll take a few of Keef's half-assed, live music playin', guest appearances any ole day over all Jagger's cricket matches, tuttie fruttie glamour flicks, and trendy-ass solo albums.

BTW -- LOL @ track 7. "Lonely Without You (This Christmas)" - Mick Jagger and Joss Stone

Mick doing Christmas songs now, Ha!
September 6th, 2004 06:55 AM
Mathijs >let's wait and find out. Stewart's a pretty cool dude and >has a damned fine ear - maybe this collaboration will >pleasantly surprise some of those in "critic section.

Yeah, listen to Primitive Cool!

Mathijs
September 6th, 2004 04:42 PM
gotdablouse Don't remember Keith saying he didn't like the new tracks on 40 Licks, in fact he was doing some "marketing" talk saying the Paris 2002 sessions were "the best stuff we've done in years"...nothing wrong with trying to pump up some bizness, eh! Also if he's arthritic, why not focus on writing songs instead of goofing around with third rate artists?

Next thing you know Keith will be calling "Alfie", "Barfie" or something like that, like the "Dogshit in the Doorway" dig. He might also complain that Mick didn't record something with an Albanese ukulele player. Looks like Elton John's 1997 comments about Keith being a "monkey with arthritis who's held back the Stones" make a lot more sense now. The guy is a liability just happy to cash in on stuff he wrote 30+ years ago with mega tours.
September 6th, 2004 05:09 PM
F505
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Next thing you know Keith will be calling "Alfie", "Barfie" or something like that, like the "Dogshit in the Doorway" dig. He might also complain that Mick didn't record something with an Albanese ukulele player.

The sad part is he is right....
September 6th, 2004 07:18 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Don't remember Keith saying he didn't like the new tracks on 40 Licks, in fact he was doing some "marketing" talk saying the Paris 2002 sessions were "the best stuff we've done in years"...nothing wrong with trying to pump up some bizness, eh!

I was refering to Keef's comment about the new songs released on 40 Licks, not the Paris sessions. I remember particularly that he took a stab at Don't Stop. I hope they recorded some superb stuff in Paris in '02. But they must of held it back, because if that crap they released on 40 Licks was any indication of their best recent work then they'd be best keepin' it in the can.

quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Also if he's arthritic, why not focus on writing songs instead of goofing around with third rate artists?

Maybe Keef's arthritic ass is extremely loyal to the Stones, and he doesn't see a need to release vanity solo projects every 3 years. Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything out of Keef cuz The Stones haven't released an album in 7 years.

quote:
gotdablouse wrote: Looks like Elton John's 1997 comments about Keith being a "monkey with arthritis who's held back the Stones" make a lot more sense now. The guy is a liability just happy to cash in on stuff he wrote 30+ years ago with mega tours.

I didn't realize the world craved Micks solo work, and he made such a lucritive career recording and touring off it. I guess all this time his commitments to that liabilitous arthritic monkey and his Rolling Stones have been holding poor Mick back.

I suppose that dastardly Keith Richards puts a gun to Micks head and forces him to "cash in on the stuff they wrote 30+ years ago" when they go off on their annual mega tours.

Honestly, I think it's just unfair to point fingers at Keef, and have a pissing contest based on the amount of non- Stones related vanity projects that have come about over the past 7 years. I think as long as the Stones are together as a band Keef will be remain loyal.

Keef learned long ago how much the fans crave their solo work. Mick didn't, or just doesn't care. Either way it's irrelevant to what the Stones have done.

BTW

ZZ Top, Willie Nelson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Toots Hibbert, Honeyboy Edwards are 3rd rate musicians, huh ? If you really believe this then I'd recommend you get out of the Superblow thread a bit more, blouse.
September 6th, 2004 08:00 PM
Soldatti The news here is Mick doing Christmas songs!
Imagine this situation on the radio on December 23, 24, 25: "...and that was the No. 2 of Christmas, Michael Jackson with "All My Love To The Childrens" and now the No. 1, Mick Jagger with his song "God Gave Us The Christmas".
I want to see the Keith's face on that moment...
September 6th, 2004 08:11 PM
gotdablouse Ah ok, just "Don't Stop", now? Still don't remember any negative comment by Keith, he did say something about "adding some fairy dust" to it...please set us straight on this.

Anyway, I think you're missing the point of this thread where people are finding out that unexpectedly they're going to have some new Stones' related material to listen to this year. Obviously we'd be event more enthusiastic if it was a Stones project, but given Keith's "nonchalance" about new material (take a look at that Uncut interview again), and lack of any creative output since 1997, it's likely we owe this to him. Adding insult to injury, he's become the biggest "bitch' talkin'" guy in the indutry.

Still he can count on zealous devotees who'll slag Mick anytime they can and come up with any old excuse for the "friendly" Keith. As much as people slag Mick's solo efforts, it's always something to look forward and generally enjoy even it's no Jumping Jack Flash, and that in itself is nothing to sneeze at.
September 6th, 2004 09:32 PM
Bloozehound Get over it!

Everyone knows that bitch Elton made a career out of singing songs for dead blondes, but it's all over now baby blue.
September 6th, 2004 09:36 PM
Soldatti I can't stand Elton "Pink Blimp" John...
September 7th, 2004 05:26 AM
gotdablouse Can we stay on topic?
Please tell us where you read/heard that Keith didn't like "Don't Stop".
September 7th, 2004 11:01 AM
glencar When this thing coming out in the USA?
September 7th, 2004 11:11 AM
egon
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Please tell us where you read/heard that Keith didn't like "Don't Stop".

If he didn't say it yet, there's still time...
September 7th, 2004 11:16 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
>let's wait and find out. Stewart's a pretty cool dude and >has a damned fine ear - maybe this collaboration will >pleasantly surprise some of those in "critic section.

Yeah, listen to Primitive Cool!

Mathijs

Dave Stewart sucks. The Eurythmics suck. Everything hes ever done has sucked. Everything he's ever done with Jagger sucked. The songs he co-wrote on Shes The Boss sucked. Ruthless People sucked. The songs he co-wrote on Primitive Cool sucked.

and this will suck too

Jagger can make music anytime he wants to with Charlie Watts and Keith Richards. Any musician in the world would kill to record with them. Yet every chance Mick gets he seeks out ass clowns like Dave Stewart and Matt Clifford to record with.
September 7th, 2004 11:32 AM
Nellcote BRING IT ON!
September 7th, 2004 11:56 AM
gotdablouse Hehe...and you "suck" just a bit for thinking that Dave Stewart co-wrote songs on "She's the Boss"...I guess it puts your lashing comments into perspective ;-) I'd have to agree though that Dave Stewart hasn't been involved in much of interest to music purists throughout his carreer :-(
September 7th, 2004 07:24 PM
Soldatti I think that Mick not is worried about what some others think. He likes this modern music and he will do this against all the critics. I'm a little worried about the new Stones album and how will sound...