ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylantree (ns) Return to archive
September 3rd, 2004 08:13 AM
Factory Girl Is the site still active?
September 3rd, 2004 08:22 AM
Phog Dunno, but it's been down for three days now. The Dylan Pool and Watchtower.dk have been gone, too. Hopefully it's a freak occurance and they'll all get back online soon. Need to check my scores.
September 3rd, 2004 12:12 PM
Martha I heard about this last night when TMR called in from the road, but he didn't say what was wrong...I don't think he knows maybe.

Wonder what's happening? Have you found anything out yet Phog?

Hummmmm.......................
September 3rd, 2004 12:19 PM
T&A wouldn't at all be surprised if Dylan's "people" are behind this - they don't take much of a liking to this activity either..
September 3rd, 2004 12:31 PM
Martha
quote:
T&A wrote:
wouldn't at all be surprised if Dylan's "people" are behind this - they don't take much of a liking to this activity either..

Who doesn't like it? Bob or the Columbia people?

I can't tell if Bob does or does not approve of the taping and trading that goes on or not. I suspect he prolly approves more than disapproves though at this stage of things. I am talking about the tapers who trade for free (not to mention archive his every show)......but that's just my opinion and a feeling I have about it, I'm not basing this on any interviews I've read.

"Some of these bootleggers, they make pretty good stuff.

Plenty of place to hide things here if...you want to hide them bad enough"

Martha
September 3rd, 2004 12:35 PM
Factory Girl "Some of these bootleggers, they make pretty good stuff.

Martha

Martha,

You read my mind.

FG!
September 3rd, 2004 12:57 PM
Martha
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
"Some of these bootleggers, they make pretty good stuff.

Martha

Martha,

You read my mind.

FG!

Bob's been playing "Sugar Baby" quite often on this ballpark tour...yet I missed getting it the 3 shows I attended. I am looking forward to getting copies of TMR's work once he gets off the road so I can have a listen. :-)

Only 2 more shows to go.

Tonight it's OK City! TMR and Gypsy will be in attendance....and I wish like hell I could be there too!

Gypsy if you get the chance to read this......kiss Bob on the cheek for me tonight.....please! :-)\

Have a great time out of mind!

peace out,
Martha
September 3rd, 2004 01:31 PM
Phog It's supposedly a problem with Dylantree's server. Something about an unpaid bill, but who knows.

Martha, check your PM.
September 3rd, 2004 01:37 PM
Martha
quote:
Phog wrote:
It's supposedly a problem with Dylantree's server. Something about an unpaid bill, but who knows.

Martha, check your PM.

Oh.....I tried to sign-up at Dylantree a couple off weeks ago and it didn't work, so maybe that was why. Things were getting rocky over there. Hope it gets figured out. Thanks Phog!

Checking my PM now....
September 3rd, 2004 02:17 PM
Factory Girl I love the new Libertines cd!

Martha, be nice to your mailman!
September 3rd, 2004 04:04 PM
Lazy Bones This has happened before, where it's gone down. Not sure if it's the same problem as the last time or the time before that...

After a few days, she's back up again.
September 3rd, 2004 04:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Do they still run trees there? It seems like forever since I got a notification about a tree being started.
September 3rd, 2004 04:25 PM
Factory Girl They haven't treed in a loong time.
September 3rd, 2004 08:28 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
Martha wrote:

Who doesn't like it? Bob or the Columbia people?

Martha

I talked to one of Dylan's sound guys before the show TUE. and he said Bob doesn't approve of the taping of his shows.
(((((((
September 4th, 2004 11:10 AM
Martha
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:

I talked to one of Dylan's sound guys before the show TUE. and he said Bob doesn't approve of the taping of his shows.
(((((((

Hey Lil Brian!

You talked to one of the sound guys ehhh....and you actually asked about taping? You've got guts! :-) Did you get a set-list from him?

I know Bob has said in interviews that he doesn't like this (I guess) ..but then he says a lot of things that end up not being true....in the end. He likes to spin yarns and keep us guessing.

I don't know...I think he may never admit that he's cool with it, but deep-down he (maybe) digs it.

Of course, I could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong...but then I don't have any hard boiled eggs either. I have read Eric Jong though. LOL

Any other thoughts out there on this subject?

peace,
Martha
September 4th, 2004 12:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bob doesn't like taping at all.

Neil, on the other hand doesn't seem to care. I think his quote on the matter was something like, if someone wants to go to the trouble of recording the show, and trades it for free, them more power to them. But if you sell it, he wants paid.
September 7th, 2004 12:12 PM
Blind Dog McGhee The music will be around a lot longer than him.