ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith on the Beach... Return to archive
September 2nd, 2004 10:19 PM
Soldatti I don't know if this was here but here is:

(thanks Shidoobee for the story)

September 2nd, 2004 10:50 PM
Mel Belli That profile shot is horrifying. Beneath all that coolness is the body of an old man.
September 2nd, 2004 11:14 PM
corgi37 He's still an old pirate!
September 3rd, 2004 02:37 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
That profile shot is horrifying. Beneath all that coolness is the body of an old man.

Oh, that crossed my mind, alright
But beneath that belly is the soul of a rock 'n' roller who has remained about 20 years old all his life, don't forget that
He's only human, after all. They all are. (Horrifying assumption, I know!!! )
September 3rd, 2004 02:49 AM
exile Fuck the media sucks

he is a sixty year old man.....of course he probably has a 'paunch', as they put it.

they are not talking about a bulimic model or something this is keith.

let the guy have a fucking swim in peace.

:-)
September 3rd, 2004 03:05 AM
UGot2Rollme to me, the fingers are what counts on Keith and his right index looks kind of strange, as for his torso...let's hope we all look that good at 60!
September 3rd, 2004 06:41 AM
LadyJane Can you imagine being in the Caribbean on your vacation, you go for a dip and who is swimming next to you??? Mr. Keith Richards!!!

Hey..give him a break. At least he's out in the sun and exercising. Give him hell Keith! You'll always look good to me!!

LJ.
September 3rd, 2004 06:50 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Orrible stuff
September 3rd, 2004 07:29 AM
Zack > to me, the fingers are what counts on Keith and his right index looks kind of strange

You are so right, Ugot2! The whole thing is huge, not just the knuckle. Looks like elephantiasis rather than arthritis. If his other hand looks anything like that, how on earth can he play guitar any more??

I wonder if he's being treated for it, or indeed if there is anything that will take the swelling down. Cortisone shots, maybe?
September 3rd, 2004 07:40 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Can you imagine being in the Caribbean on your vacation, you go for a dip and who is swimming next to you??? Mr. Keith Richards!!!

OMG LadyJane, I'd drown
"Oh, I'm drowning, help, anyone, Keith, KEITH!!!" lol Godsent.

And Zack, about his fingers, he has said himself it doesn't hurt (funny, but if he says so!). I guess he's been through lot worse, swelling fingers won't stop him from doing what he loves.

September 3rd, 2004 08:34 AM
LadyJane You got it Fotini!

Then after the rescue, you fake unconsiousness (in my case I WOULD be unconsious), knowing he'll just have to administer mouth to mouth.

THEN...off to the Bar for thank you drinks!!

LJ.
September 3rd, 2004 09:18 AM
Jumacfly Media suck!!!!
leave Keith alone!!
September 3rd, 2004 09:22 AM
Monkey Woman *sigh* that's a sweet fantasy, fotini & LJ! Meanwhile, check the Superblow thread, there's a treat for Keithbabes...
September 3rd, 2004 09:52 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
*sigh* that's a sweet fantasy, fotini & LJ! Meanwhile, check the Superblow thread, there's a treat for Keithbabes...

Ah, it is, it is And LJ, what a great addition to the scenery, yes, of course

Oh, and the Superblow rocks my world I have to get posting again soon, as soon as I fix the pc in the office.

As for the press, I couldn't care less what a tabloid like Daily Mail has to say about Keith. First off, tabloids are there to write useless "stories" like this and secondly, the Stones have always been a favorite target for the media. In the 60s because they had long hair , in the seventies because they did drugs, in the eighties cause they were getting richer, in the nineties on because they're still out there. It's a matter of hunting what they think will sell copies. I don't even pay attention to their blatant stupidity and total lack of writing skills anymore.

September 3rd, 2004 10:56 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Zack wrote:
> to me, the fingers are what counts on Keith and his right index looks kind of strange

I wonder if he's being treated for it, or indeed if there is anything that will take the swelling down. Cortisone shots, maybe?

yeah I hear that alcohol and cigarettes are excellent for reducing swelling

btw, I hear that St Barts is supposed to be beautiful (I've never been) but the water seems awfully polluted. Hard to tell from the pic but it looks like hes got some seaweed, some needles, some rope, some sea shells, a watch, a candy bar wrapper, some popsicle sticks, a chain, a broken beer bottle, a battery... all tangled up in his hair!
September 3rd, 2004 11:02 AM
Saint Sway I think this song needed to be posted...

"On The Beach"
words and music by Ronnie Lane & Ronnie Wood

I don't care who's watching
Don't mind what the surfing heads might say
Although I may not be no Charlie Atlas
I'm gonna take my shirt off anyway

Now skin and bones sinks easy on the high tide
And I'm not one for castles in the sand
I've seen a girl I once knew from the East Side
I think I spy a bottle in her hand
I think I spy a bottle in her hand

I don't need to know your birthday
'Cause what you tell her I don't claim to be
There's a place I know of called the Tip Top
Won't you come and take a walk with me
Won't you come and take a walk with me

Didn't take too much hard work to get her
Melted like a chocolate in my arms
If we had ever seen it better
It never did the scenery no harm
Never did the scenery no harm.
September 3rd, 2004 11:03 AM
telecaster Keiths liver is pushing his stomach out

September 3rd, 2004 01:14 PM
Monkey Woman Saint Sway and the two Ronnies have it! Keith on the beach sure "never did the scenery no harm"!
September 3rd, 2004 02:19 PM
Martha Is that the infamous missing-in-action bracelet on his wrist?????????????????????? It's BACK!
September 3rd, 2004 03:58 PM
Saint Sway the most disturbing part of those pictures is easily THE SHORTY SHORTS!

Keith, the 1976 Boston Celtics called - they want their shorts back
September 3rd, 2004 09:27 PM
Soldatti Keith looks good, he is 60 years old now and his body is in form. He not is on tour too, so little "slides" are common...
September 3rd, 2004 10:53 PM
sammy davis jr. St. Barts is paradise on earth......Unfortunately I didn't run into Keith when I was there. It is a cool island though, beaches are topless optional, restaurants are excellent. Plus, Mick's place on Mustique is also quite close. At least the old geezer has good taste! I'm sure Pattie married him for his BODY anyway$$$$$$$
September 4th, 2004 06:09 AM
F505 I would like to see a picture of the people who are complaining about Keith's figure. Probably they are already bald, fat and ugly and still in their thirties, forties or fifties.
Keith looks great for a 60 year old...
[Edited by F505]
September 4th, 2004 07:17 AM
egon The thing that worries me; i look like that as well.
and i'm 32!
September 4th, 2004 09:13 AM
cwatts0462 boy you can really tell he is going bald in those pictures
\a far cry from that great head of hair from 72
yes i know it was a long time ago so dont kill me
September 6th, 2004 09:52 PM
mickjaggersgrl well id like to see keith on the beach in the sixties not now