ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hurricane Frances Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 2nd, 2004 12:54 PM
kath josh. i am assuming that you have decided you don't want the cd. i hope you and all floridians are gonna be safe. i last heard it would hit friday or saturday. i am still using all my powers of concentration to divert the storm!! it looks horrible, but maybe it will shift direction. we can always hope!!

stay high and dry folks!
September 2nd, 2004 01:03 PM
jb Thanks Kath....Doctor thinks I have Mal debarquement Syndromehttp://www.etete.com/mdd/ as far as dizzinees..not sure about tingling/numbing....
[Edited by jb]
September 2nd, 2004 01:07 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
No...but as the storm draws closer, I must confess I truly despise Bill Perks....

only truly despise now? I thought he was vehemently hated with every fiber of your soul? Glad to see you are softening. This is good news for peace. Free Kobe!
September 2nd, 2004 01:13 PM
Some Guy Frances approaches Florida
10:45 A.M. ET Thu.,Sep.2,2004
M. Ressler, Sr. Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
Frances Overview
# Category 4 hurricane with sustained winds of 145 mph
# Hurricane Warning issued from Florida City to Flagler Beach, FL
# Current most likely impact point: central or southern Florida east coast. Impact will be widespread even beyond landfall point
Dangerous Hurricane Frances is swirling just north of Crooked and Acklins Islands after passing just to the north of the Turks and Caicos Islands and then Mayaguana Island on a relentless course toward the Southeast U.S. Tree and building damage has been reported from the islands. Frances, a Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Scale, is expected to smash into the central Bahamas today and into the northern Bahamas tonight.
After that, the storm will head for Florida. Hurricane warnings have been issued for much of Florida's east coast. These areas could start feeling the effects of the storm Friday. Present thinking puts landfall on the central or southern portion of the east coast of Florida, possibly as early as late Friday. There is still a margin of error due to the angle at which Frances is approaching the coast. While the landfall point is important, the destructive impacts from Frances will be widespread. This storm is larger and will affect more land than Charley did once it makes landfall. If you are in a weak structure like a mobile home, make plans to evacuate to a shelter or out of the path of the storm. This kind of hurricane can destroy a mobile home. Board up windows and secure outdoor objects (lawn furniture, trash cans, etc). Prune trees and shrubbery and harvest fruit if possible. Keep in mind that tropical storm force winds and building surf will precede the approach of the hurricane by quite some time.
Meanwhile, in the eastern Pacific, Hurricane Howard appears to be growing stronger about 500 miles south-southwest of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Howard is expected to move northwestward, however, and remain well off the Mexican coast.
In the western Pacific, Typhoon Songda is sweeping WNW from the northern Mariana Islands into the Philippine Sea. Songda is forecast to churn through the Philippine Sea in the general direction of Okinawa, but wouldn't be a threat to the island for four or five days... if then.
Severe Weather Outlook Video
September 2nd, 2004 01:14 PM
jb I may lose a lot of posting time...
September 2nd, 2004 01:16 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
I may lose a lot of posting time...

Joey is virtually uncatchable at this point in his career.
September 2nd, 2004 01:43 PM
kath so see??? no brain tumor, no ms...none of that!!! now, don't you feel better already???
September 2nd, 2004 02:00 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I may lose a lot of posting time...

Did you see Letterman last evening ?!?!?!

Isn't it great that they brought back Gerard Mulligan as a "Sketch Player " .....hopefully his old " Head Writer " position is still available . Letterman , at this stage of his career , can ill afford to let him get away . Word !

Developing .................................

" Where's Lamby Ronnie ?!?!?! "

H.R. Puffin Joe !
September 2nd, 2004 02:01 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Joey is virtually uncatchable at this point in his career.

Come To Joey .....................
September 2nd, 2004 02:02 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
so see??? no brain tumor, no ms...none of that!!! now, don't you feel better already???

Well, I still might have those conditions..but hopefully not...Meanwhile, I so worried about cancer, and in all likelihood, this Hurricane will hit directly in Palm Beach County and it is very likely that I , along with my family, we'll be killed.
September 2nd, 2004 02:10 PM
kath josh, you are a piece of work.....

get in the mercedes or whatever the fuck it is and get the hell outta there.

GEEZ. don't make me have to come down there and beat the shit outta you!!!

run joshie, run!!!!
September 2nd, 2004 02:22 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
likelihood, this Hurricane will hit directly in Palm Beach County and it is very likely that I , along with my family, we'll be killed.

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 2nd, 2004 02:41 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will remain in myh designer closet and hopefully make it throught the storm....
September 2nd, 2004 02:48 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
I will remain in myh designer closet and hopefully make it throught the storm....

When a Hurricane Threatens
You can improve the odds of your home surviving high winds by taking these precautions, but you won't make it hurricane-proof. Nor do these measures guarantee your safety. Take these additional steps to protect yourself and your family as fully as possible:
* Become familiar with your community's disaster preparedness plans and create a family plan. Identify escape routes from your home and neighborhood and designate an emergency meeting place for your family to reunite if you become separated. Also establish a contact point to communicate with concerned relatives.
* Put together an emergency kit that includes a three-day supply of drinking water and food you don't have to refrigerate or cook; first aid supplies; a portable NOAA weather radio; a wrench and other basic tools; a flashlight; work gloves; emergency cooking equipment; portable lanterns; fresh batteries for each piece of equipment; clothing; blankets; baby items; prescription medications; extra car and house keys; extra eyeglasses; credit cards and cash; important documents, including insurance policies.
* Move anything in your yard that can become flying debris inside your house or garage before a storm strikes.
* If a hurricane threatens, follow weather and news reports so you know how much danger you're facing. Obey evacuation orders from local authorities.
Review your homeowners insurance policy periodically with your insurance agent or company representative to make sure you have sufficient coverage to rebuild your life and home after a hurricane. Report any property damage to your insurance agent or company representative immediately after a natural disaster and make temporary repairs to prevent further damage.
September 2nd, 2004 02:49 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Joshy -- My Prayers will be with you -- as ALWAYS !!!!!!

Just place THIS in front of your home and you will be safe from all evil :

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

September 2nd, 2004 02:56 PM
Some Guy Florida is next for Frances
2:50 P.M. ET Thu.,Sep.2,2004
M. Ressler, Sr. Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
Frances Overview
# Category 4 hurricane with sustained winds of 145 mph
# Hurricane Warning issued from Florida City to Flagler Beach, FL
# Current most likely impact point: central or southern Florida east coast. Impact will be widespread even beyond landfall point
Dangerous Hurricane Frances is swirling across San Salvador as the storm continues its west-northwestward track through the Bahamas. Some of the islands already hit have reported tree and building damage. Frances, a Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Scale, is expected to smash into the northern Bahamas tonight and Friday.
After that, the storm will head for Florida. Hurricane warnings have been issued for much of Florida's east coast. These areas could start feeling the effects of the storm Friday. Present thinking puts landfall on the central or southern portion of the east coast of Florida, possibly as early as late Friday. There is still a margin of error due to the angle at which Frances is approaching the coast. While the landfall point is important, the destructive impacts from Frances will be widespread. This storm is larger and will affect more land than Charley did once it makes landfall. If you are in a weak structure like a mobile home, make plans to evacuate to a shelter or out of the path of the storm. This kind of hurricane can destroy a mobile home. Board up windows and secure outdoor objects (lawn furniture, trash cans, etc). Prune trees and shrubbery and harvest fruit if possible. Keep in mind that tropical storm force winds and building surf will precede the approach of the hurricane by quite some time.
September 2nd, 2004 02:59 PM
Joey

Only one thing to do :

September 2nd, 2004 03:02 PM
jb Mick Taylor was the greatest guitar player while with the Stones..simply magical!!!
September 2nd, 2004 03:02 PM
Some Guy What your pet needs for evacuation:
# A secure, unbreakable, covered carrier for each animal. Clearly mark your name, address, and phone number on the cage. The carrier should be large enough that your pet can completely turn around.
# Leashes and harnesses that are strong and secure around your pet. Keep your pet on a leash at all times so that your pet can't wander off and hurt themselves or others. Fasten current rabies tags and address information on your pet's collar.
# Food and water bowls. Food should be in plastic containers so that water can't get in. There should be enough food and water to last your pet for at least two weeks. Include feeding instructions. For canned food, be sure to bring a manual can opener.
# Health records. Before hurricane season begins, make sure your pet has current immunizations and records handy for evacuation.
# Current photo of pet. Bring photos of you and your pet together to show proof of ownership if you become separated.
# Household bleach and plastic bags. If you end up staying in a shelter, you will be responsible for cleaning up after your pet.
# Pet toys. After all, your pet will need some type of entertainment, and toys may help reduce the stress of unfamiliar surroundings.
Hamsters and birds can be transported in their normal cases, but avoid glass enclosures. You can transport snakes in a well-secured pillowcase, if necessary. Bring any supplies and food they need, along with feeding instructions.
Bring any outdoor pets inside well before the hurricane gets close to help them stay calm.
September 2nd, 2004 03:06 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick Taylor was the greatest guitar player while with the Stones..simply magical!!!

I would like to clutch your to me bosom whilst gently , sweetly , softly stroking your moist , sweaty , shiny , glistening , GLISTENING forehead and just say ....................well , ..............." Thanks ! " for being here on this orb .

D. J. Jerscee Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

September 2nd, 2004 03:09 PM
Some Guy After The Storm
Bear in mind that the danger does not end with the storm. After Hurricane Andrew, approximately 40 additional lives were lost in the aftermath of the storm, primarily because people failed to follow simple safety rules. Here are guidelines for successfully getting your life back on track.
Is It Safe To Return?
Wait until municipal authorities tell you it is safe before returning home.
Avoid flood situations. Remember: If you encounter flood waters, don't think of trying to cross them. Eighty per cent of flood deaths happen to people in vehicles. Just two feet of rapidly moving water can float a bus, and it only takes 6 inches to knock you off your feet.
If flood waters follow a hurricane, turn around, avoid them, go to higher ground.
Bring necessities, such as flood and water, with you when you return.
Exercise extreme caution when returning home.
Beware Of Hazards
Watch for snakes and other animals forced into your home by flood waters.
Watch for downed power lines and give them a wide berth.
Check your refrigerator for spoilage, but keep your water. It may be some time before you can rely on the quality of your tap water.
To prevent accidental fires, use flashlights, not candles, to see if the power is on or off after a hurricane. (More people die from candle-related fires after a disaster strikes then from the disaster itself.)
If your home has been spared, keep children and pets inside.
If pets must be walked outside, keep them on a leash.
Repairing The Damage
Wear sturdy shoes and protective clothing as you begin cleaning up.
Check for structural damage in your home.
Have a professional check your water, gas, electric, and sewer lines.
[Edited by Some Guy]
September 2nd, 2004 03:16 PM
kath funnily, i don't see "get into your designer closets" anyway on the preparedness lists.....

hmmmmmmm
September 2nd, 2004 03:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
kath wrote:
funnily, i don't see "get into your designer closets" anyway on the preparedness lists.....

hmmmmmmm

LOL!
September 2nd, 2004 03:27 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
funnily, i don't see "get into your designer closets" anyway on the preparedness lists.....

hmmmmmmm

Terry Kath ..................you make Joey sniggle .
September 2nd, 2004 03:39 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:

Is that where you hide your stash? ...lol
September 2nd, 2004 03:42 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Well, I still might have those conditions..but hopefully not...Meanwhile, I so worried about cancer, and in all likelihood, this Hurricane will hit directly in Palm Beach County and it is very likely that I , along with my family, we'll be killed.

jb, is there anything you want to get off your chest in the dwindling hours you have remaining?

If I were you I would leave the butler, maid, footman, cabanaboy, chauffer, horsemen and gardener and leave

The worst that will happen is they will rob you blind
but I am sure they are doing that now anyway

P.S. Can I have your Stones boot collection?
September 2nd, 2004 03:51 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb, is there anything you want to get off your chest in the dwindling hours you have remaining?

If I were you I would leave the butler, maid, footman, cabanaboy, chauffer, horsemen and gardener and leave

The worst that will happen is they will rob you blind
but I am sure they are doing that now anyway

P.S. Can I have your Stones boot collection?

Dibs on his secretary / Ad Min assistant

Tele .......................

True Story ! We had our weekly staff meeting this morning and towards the end of it our Department VP goes , " Ah , Please Feel Free to chime in anytime Joey " ..........and I just looked up and brayed : " Lambchop !!!!! "

You should have SEEN all the **** BLANK FRIGGIN STARES **** in the conference room .

It was no big deal , Our VP just marked something down in his planner and excused the meeting .

Developing ................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Fisky !

[Edited by Joey]
September 2nd, 2004 04:07 PM
telecaster Lambchop? Welcome to nanky's world

It must be the avatar

I myself have tossed and turned, sweating, clutching the sheets trying to get the image of Lampchops avatar out of my head

September 2nd, 2004 04:07 PM
kath

LOL!!!!!

damn, somebody beat me to the boots....glad i didn't send that cd..woulda been a waste of postage.....
September 2nd, 2004 04:39 PM
Some Guy Where's jb?
Page: 1 2 3 4