ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Funny Comedians (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 25th, 2004 02:38 PM
Some Guy I've been checking out a lot of comedy lately and I came across one hilariously funny comic. Brian Regan Live, I just bought the cd and it is a riot! He is very funny! Check him out sometime. If you know of any other funny comedians on cd or dvd, spill it!
August 25th, 2004 02:48 PM
Bloozehound Rodney Carrington
August 25th, 2004 02:58 PM
jb Don Rickles
Trevor the insult dog
August 25th, 2004 03:01 PM
Joey John William Carson
Shecky Green
Buddy Hackett
Foster Brooks
Alan King
Don Rickles
Bob Newhart ( circa 1973 )
Rodney Dangerfield ( see " CaddyShack " / " Back to School " )
Keith Moon
Baby Steel Magnolia
All Jews

[Edited by Joey]
August 25th, 2004 03:58 PM
egon bennie hill
August 25th, 2004 04:05 PM
Nasty Habits Bill Hicks
Richard Pryor
Redd Foxx
Jackie Mason
Mort Sahl
Bernie Mac
Bill Cosby

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
August 25th, 2004 04:07 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
jb wrote:

Trevor the insult dog

What, is he Triumph's gay cousin or something?

August 25th, 2004 04:09 PM
LadyJane beer
gypsy
nanky
corgi
joey
sirmoonie

LJ.
August 25th, 2004 04:10 PM
Nasty Habits
August 25th, 2004 04:22 PM
BILL PERKS GILBERT GOTTFRIED IS THE FUNNIEST MAN ON THE PLANET
THE REST
DICE CLAY
RODNEY
REDD FOXX
BOB SCHIMMEL
CHRIS ROCK
EDDIE MURPHY-PRE 85

NOT FUNNY
JOE PISCOPO
BILL MURRAY
CHEVY CHASE
BILLY CRYSTAL
ANY WOMAN COMEDIAN
SEINFELD
August 25th, 2004 05:42 PM
Bloozehound Lately I've become hip on Wanda Sikes. She's pretty funny for a female comic.
August 25th, 2004 06:30 PM
telecaster Gene Tracy
August 25th, 2004 06:40 PM
gypsy Leave it to Bloozehound to insult the ladies. Twat.

Thanks, LJ! Gotta agree w/ you on a few of those.
Y'know who else is funny? Fiji. I miss him and his funny little pictures...and his man-boobs, naturally.

I like Dave Chapelle, Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, and others that I can't think of right now.

No offense, but I hate that Triumph puppet dog, and do not find it funny one bit.
August 25th, 2004 06:45 PM
Mikey I know I am in the minority, but I never understood the appeal of Seinfeld. I found the show tedious, annoying and very simple. The same goes for E Loves Raymond, which is the Italian edition of Seinfeld.

Reno 911 is a hillarious show and the perfect compliment to South Park - tune in tonight. 10:30 PM on CCentral.
August 26th, 2004 05:46 AM
egon
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
CHEVY CHASE

Very true!

Signed,
The idiot.
August 26th, 2004 05:53 AM
Ronnie B. Wood Seinfeld
Only Fools And Horses
Mr Bean
Benny Hill
Men behaiving badly
August 26th, 2004 05:57 AM
F505 Groucho Marx
Harpo Marx
Chico Marx
Zeppo Marx
Gummo Marx
(in that order)

Funny Stones:
Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Charlie Watts

Not funny:
Ron Wood
Mick Taylor
Bill Wyman

August 26th, 2004 06:03 AM
Zeeta Marcus Brigstocke - live is immense.
August 26th, 2004 07:12 AM
Gazza for stand-up comedians:

Billy Connolly
Dom Irrera
Richard Pryor
Rich Hall
Bill Hicks
August 26th, 2004 07:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Lenny Bruce Is Not Afraid
"I don't smoke pot, and I'm glad because then I can champion it without any special pleading.
The reason I don't smoke pot is because it facilitates ideas and heightens sensations.
And I got enough shit flying through my head without smoking pot.

If you don't know about Lenny Bruce, then you owe it to yourself to find out. Not because of his originality, although Lenny practically invented the genre of stand-up comedy that can no longer be labelled 'alternative', since it captured the mainstream long ago. Not because of his genius, although Lenny was the Coltrane of comedy: a crazy, inspired hepcat who sweated jazz poetry as he improvised around a comedic riff. You need to know about Lenny Bruce because of what they did to him in retaliation for being these things.

Lenny was busted half a dozen times in the US between 1961 and 63, for possession and obscenity; banned from Australia and the UK; bankrupted in 1965 and finally dead the following year. You don't mind dying - in Lenny's satirical catch phrase - if you've got a natural sense of rhythm, but they hounded him into an early grave. "He was prosecuted because of his words," a former assistant district attorney told Paul Krassner thirty years later. "He didn't harm anybody; he didn't commit an assault; he didn't steal; he didn't engage in any conduct which directly harmed someone else. So, therefore, he was punished, first and foremost, because of the words he used... We drove him into poverty and used the law to kill him."

See, instead of telling the kind of jokes that make motherfuckers more comfortable with their own ignorance and prejudice - because, hey, we're all only human - Lenny told the shocking truth and he laughed at it. Lenny stood up for humanity and against hypocrisy; he wasn't afraid to tell it like it is. Like he said, apropos 'niggers': "the word's suppression gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness". Lenny told the lousy truth and he told it in the salty language of the avenues and alleyways and they hated him for it. They said he was the sick one, because he used the same words onstage they use behind each other's backs.

When his 39 year-old carcass was found on the floor of his Hollywood Hills home on August 3, 1966, the LA cops immediately announced to the press that Leonard Schneider had died from an overdose of a narcotic, probably heroin, and that has been widely reported as fact ever since. The official report admitted that the cause of death was unknown and the analysis inconclusive. The truth - as Phil Spector called it - is that Lenny died from "an overdose of police".

Lenny tells in his unreliable autobiography, How To Talk Dirty And Influence People, how he was introduced to hashish by a Turkish shipmate when he was a merchant seaman in the late 1940s. In the 1950s, he hung out with the hip, pot-smoking clique that congregated at 'The Castle', the stately home in Topanga Canyon of the 'Hollywood hep-cat in residence' and tongue dancer extraordinaire, Lord Buckley.

In 1962, Lenny Bruce published a home made brochure to sell at his concerts, Stamp Help Out, which contained an hysterical and highly incriminating pictorial and written thesis on The Pot Smokers, illustrated with 'actual photos of tortured marijuana-ites', most of whom were him. He also gave copies to poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti to sell at his City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco, but by January 1963, Bruce was so embroiled in narcotics busts and obscenity trials that he sent Ferlinghetti a telegram ordering the destruction of all the remaining copies!

As Lenny knew only too well, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. Nearly all copies of this landmark in stoned humour were promptly destroyed and the few remaining are riddled with holes punched through Lenny's only extended discussion of marijuana. However, his priceless exposé of the dread narcotic, Cannabis sativa appeared posthumously in The Almost Unpublished Lenny Bruce and is reproduced here in homage and because, more than thirty years after Lenny's tragic demise, here's one commercial you'll still never hear on the radio:

Whiney Punter voice: "I don't know what the hell it is, Bill, I've been smoking this pot all day and I still can't get high on it.
Authorative Expert voice: "What kind are you smoking?"
WP: Well, all marijuana's the same, isn't it?
AE: That's the mistake a lot of people make!
August 26th, 2004 07:28 AM
JaggaRichards Rodney in 'Easy Money'

John Candy-I miss that guy

The 3 Stooges

Kramden and Norton
August 26th, 2004 07:50 AM
Some Guy Insomniac with Dave Atell on Comedy Central is funny.
August 26th, 2004 08:23 AM
scratched Sacha Baron Cohen
Derek & Clive / Peter Cook & Dudley Moore
Steve Coogan

[Edited by scratched]
August 26th, 2004 08:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Stan Laurel - Creator/Innovator of the "Straight Man"
Don Knotts (especially Barney Fife)

and previosly mentioned Rodney Dangerfield.

Haiasenth (sp?) Patricia ? on Keeping Up Appearences.

August 26th, 2004 09:03 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Stan Laurel - Creator/Innovator of the "Straight Man"
Don Knotts (especially Barney Fife)

and previosly mentioned Rodney Dangerfield.

Haiasenth (sp?) Patricia ? on Keeping Up Appearences.

You have Keeping Up Appearences in the US?!?!? Mrs Bucket aka Mrs bouquet! I find it terrible but I'm glad you like it!
August 26th, 2004 09:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mikey wrote:
I know I am in the minority, but I never understood the appeal of Seinfeld. I found the show tedious, annoying and very simple.

"A minority of one" Now a minority of 2. Tedious is the operative word here.
August 26th, 2004 09:06 AM
exile

EDDIE IZZARD
August 26th, 2004 09:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Do cartoon charachters count????

MEL FUCKING BLANC
August 26th, 2004 09:55 AM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:
George and Mike Kuchar.

{{{{{ WTF ?!?! }}}}}

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!
August 26th, 2004 09:58 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Leave it to Bloozehound to insult the ladies. Twat.

Nothing that a little " Kissing and Cuddling " can't cure ............

Sturcee Joe !
Page: 1 2 3