ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

From the book "Ode to a High Flying Bird
© 1960 Charlie Watts with special thanks to The Juf!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: another "what are you listening to" thread... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
April 30th, 2004 08:44 PM
mac_daddy I get a kick out of these - I enjoy reading the picks and comments of people who are as nuts about music as I am...

the fact that we are all Stones fans assures me that we have at least some sort of common ground...

_____

other than the two recordings I made at the Phish shows in Vega$ the other week, I have been digging some Gov't Mule (saw them on 4/20 ), Hendrix/Gypsies stuff, and now this:

Johnny Winter And Black Kangaroo
Studio Rehearsals
San Francisco, CA
August 10th 1973

Johnny Winter- guitar & vocals
Peter Kaukonen- bass
Jimmy Gillen- drums

SOURCE: soundboard
FILE SIZE: 302 MB SHN

SET LIST:

48:58

1. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl 2:37
2. Let It Bleed 3:21
3. Silver Train 2:57
4. Come On In My kitchen 4:22
5. Rock And Roll Me 3:37
6. Rollin' And Tumblin' 7:58
7. Jam 11:44
8. Matchbox Blues 3:39
9. I Walk On Gilded Splinters 8:43

[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 30th, 2004 10:36 PM
mac_daddy also been diggin' the Pixies latest tour...

http://idlemindsradio.com/pixies/
April 30th, 2004 10:40 PM
Steel Wheels I'm drunk again, and the sweet sounds of the fucking WHO are conquering my earphones with "Join Together."

April 30th, 2004 11:12 PM
Bloozehound tonite i've been jamming stripped companion and mj and the red devils plus some country to even it all out
April 30th, 2004 11:28 PM
Snappy McJack Been listenin' to these tonight:

May 1st, 2004 01:04 AM
Mr Jimmy Perfect day, driving in my car, and I played one of my 'warm weather' Stones' compilations that starts with Everything's Turning To Gold. Well... I just had to hear it again. And then again... "Now that the love juice starts to flow..." It turned into one of those drives when I listen to the same song 10 times in a row and I just can't get enough of it. Magical.
May 1st, 2004 01:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
It turned into one of those drives when I listen to the same song 10 times in a row and I just can't get enough of it. Magical.

yeah - same here - 'tho i've had jimi's "bold as love" on continuous rotation for over a week now

some times i think the constant flogging of one particular track can be a bit dangerous - you start getting right into the whole track to the point of obsession and even when your not listenting to it the thing still keeps playing in your head and can start to drive you nuts
May 1st, 2004 06:58 AM
Steel Wheels Mr. Jimmy,

What kind of cruiser do you drive?
May 1st, 2004 08:55 AM
Nellcote Rory Gallagher-Rockpalast Electric Set
Los Lobos-Good Morning Aztlan
Stones-Foot Tappers and Wheel Shunters
Ian Mclagan-Rise & Shine
David Bowie-Fleet Center 3/30/04
May 1st, 2004 09:43 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
some times i think the constant flogging of one particular track can be a bit dangerous - you start getting right into the whole track to the point of obsession and even when your not listenting to it the thing still keeps playing in your head and can start to drive you nuts

Yes. I suffered through that many times and it's outright nasty when it happens to be a horrible TV ad jingle unless of course the 'jingle' happens to be Start Me Up.
May 1st, 2004 10:15 AM
Gimme Shelter Right now, I'm listening to David Bowie's "Hours" album.
May 1st, 2004 10:22 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Mr. Jimmy,

What kind of cruiser do you drive?

A very personal question... My latest stonesmobile is a VW Golf. Definitely not a hard ROCK mobile as it lacks single-minded-straight-line speed but I'm more of a rock 'n' ROLL guy and my car turns left just as good as it turns right, and there's a tiny hint of underlying quality without pretension or flash. And rather than blindly pumping it's fist in the air, it prefers to dance around to the rhythm of the road. It detests drum solos on freeways and enjoys back beats on back roads. Versatility is key... it's just as comfortable playing Sympathy For The Devil as it is Miss You.

May 1st, 2004 10:42 AM
T&A Good taste you have, Mac Daddy!

I've got that Johnny Winter disc too - cool stuff. Think I'll spin some Johnny this weekend!

Lately for me:

Neil Young - Time Fades Away
Neil Young - Harvest
Neil Young - Bonnaroo Fest '03

...might say I've been in a Neil mood...
May 1st, 2004 12:23 PM
polksalad69 Sports talk radio. The host is playing "Satisfaction" as intro music, and keeps yelling "STONES."
May 1st, 2004 12:30 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Jellyfish, Bellybutton.
May 1st, 2004 12:40 PM
GimmeExile All week I've been listening to a 6-disc compilation of Bruce Springteen's U.S. summer stadium tour from last year...Amazing! Over 7 hours of music...Also, had TALK IS CHEAP on in the car yesterday.
May 1st, 2004 06:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot With the day I had....

Neil-Tonight's The Night
On The Beach
Weld(The movie)
May 1st, 2004 10:32 PM
Steel Wheels Mr. Jimmy,

Enjoy the open roads!
May 1st, 2004 11:03 PM
Bloozehound listening to Cigar Dave's CIGAR DRAFT 2004 and puffin on a stick
May 2nd, 2004 01:01 AM
beer The Animals "Complete recordings" - this shit is great!

Stones "Wizards of O.Z." Feb. 27, 1973 - sloppy goodness down under.

as of now..

May 2nd, 2004 01:20 AM
Madafaka Kill Bill Vol.1 - OST
Kill Bill Vol.2 - OST

Kill Bill fever tonight
May 2nd, 2004 07:32 AM
stewed & Keefed The very best of Jimmy Reed
Sunnyland Slim - The Midnight Jump
May 2nd, 2004 11:11 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
[....] and puffin on a stick

May 2nd, 2004 12:13 PM
T&A BEER:

Good going! The Animals are rarely mentioned on Stones sites. Their early stuff (63-65) was easily on a par with the Stones stuff from that era. I listen to those recordings at least as often as the Stones'. Burdon remains true and faithful to the original spirit, too.
May 2nd, 2004 12:24 PM
Phog Frank Black & The Catholics, Wellfleet, MA -- July, '99
May 2nd, 2004 12:35 PM
Zeeta Another drink..simple there IS no other cure but to drink more!

sHIT WRONG THREAD!

I have been listening to Sly band the Family Stone - There's a Riot Goin' On and it is easily their best work!

Happy Mondays - Thrills, Pills and Bellyaches - excellent stuff - definitley recommend
[Edited by Zeeta]
May 2nd, 2004 01:34 PM
beer
quote:
T&A wrote:
BEER:

Good going! The Animals are rarely mentioned on Stones sites. Their early stuff (63-65) was easily on a par with the Stones stuff from that era. I listen to those recordings at least as often as the Stones'. Burdon remains true and faithful to the original spirit, too.

Absolutely! I got the two disk collection of all that stuff from '63 to '65. It really is great. I've been playin it alot lately. It's cool to hear the Animals do some of the same cover songs the Stones did back then also (Memphis Tennessee, Bright Lights, She said yeah, etc)
May 2nd, 2004 06:13 PM
Lil Brian Yesterday's New Quintet
"Stevie: Instrumental Tribute to Stevie Wonder"

Loretta Lynn
"Van Lear Rose"

A Certain Ratio
"To Each"
May 3rd, 2004 09:45 AM
UGot2Rollme been listening to some Grateful / Dead (goes nicely with the spring weather):

live at The Gorge - 2003
Weir Here (new compilation)

also -
Robert Cray band - Take Your Shoes Off
Springsteen - Live in NYC
May 3rd, 2004 02:49 PM
Monkey Woman Talking 'Bout A Revolution, Tracy Chapman (on the radio)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17