ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES COVERS ALBUM!!!!! Return to archive
09-13-03 02:26 PM
hotlicks While we all wait patiently for the new Stones album I was thinking that if they can't come up with original material they could do a covers album,Apparently Aerosmith are doing a Blues covers album at the minute

Here is a few suggestions from myself:

Ain't Nothing You Can Do - Bobby Blue Band
I Wish Someone Would Care - Irma Thomas
Ain't Nobody Home - Howard Tate
You Win Again - Hank Williams (I know it has been covered by Keith but not the Stones)
Sin City - Flying Burrito Brothers
Scratch My Back - Slim Harpo

Any suggestions from you lot!
09-13-03 03:00 PM
caro Anyone knows 'God's song (that's why I love mankind)', sung by Etta James? It's one of my current favorite songs, and I would love to hear a Stones-version.It's really powerful, with some kind of cold rage..Just like they love it!
09-13-03 05:01 PM
Boomy I was hoping for something like this. But since Aerosmith is going to do it, I highly doubt we'll be seeing the Stones do it as well.
09-13-03 08:31 PM
glencar Exactly! Since A-Smith has seen fit to do it, drop it. It's a good idea whose time has passed.
09-13-03 08:34 PM
Jaxx i vote no to that. they do plenty of covers already. there's so many, infact, you can make your own compilation of covers if you would like!rather, i would greatly appreciate some new material. i would also like to see them progress into a more jazzy sound. i think charlie would dig that. this pop they're coming out with at their age is a bit ridiculous.
09-13-03 09:19 PM
Boomy The thing is, why don't they kind of go back to what got them started? I don't see anything with them writing songs that are bluesy and raunchy. In fact, I think they should do it. Or at least write some songs that will rock like a mother foochoo chickswag Knickticket.

Get some dirty guitars on there, some sloppiness if you will. Dirty ass string pickin' if ya ask me.
[Edited by Boomy]