ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Poncho Rico
With thanks to Irina and Lucía :)

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen Nets $36M in Giants Stadium Return to archive
09-11-03 08:56 PM
steel driving hammer Wonder what Mick thinks...

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - It's a big payday for The Boss.

AP Photos

The 10 sold-out shows for Bruce Springsteen (news) and the E Street Band at Giants Stadium this summer will bring his production company more than $36 million, according to the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority, which operates the stadium.

The authority on Wednesday approved a payment of $25.5 million for the first seven shows to Springsteen's Thrill Hill Productions Inc. The authority is to make payment next month for the final three shows in August, pushing the total to $36.4 million.

"Not bad for a summer of work," authority President George Zoffinger told The Star-Ledger of Newark.

Springsteen was guaranteed $1.7 million for each concert and a percentage of concessions, about 13 percent of all money collected.

The band concludes its 2002-03 world tour at New York's Shea Stadium on Oct. 1, 3 and 4. More than 3 million tickets have been sold for 119 concerts in 82 cities around the world. The tour began last August at Giants Stadium, according to the group.
09-12-03 09:30 AM
UGot2Rollme can't deny the Boss is super live...
is that a toupee he's wearing now?
I saw him in Greensboro last year and it kind of looked liket it wasn't all his own hair.. no biggee, just curious if anyone else noticed?
09-12-03 10:54 AM
Boomy He is more popular than the Stones right now. He put out a new album that received great reviews and he plays most of those songs on his current tour, showing he's got the balls to go against the grain of other older acts who get bored and play the same stuff every other night.

It's no surprise that he was able to get all of those people to come to his shows.

09-12-03 01:15 PM
macawber

"he's more popular than the stones right now"

NO HE'S NOT- springsteen is playing in his HOMETOWN
and as usual the press is falling all over
themselves,buying into the hype.the truth is his
tour didn't do as well as they're saying.
he might sell out shows in jersey but he had some half
full houses around the country last year.

09-12-03 01:24 PM
stonedinaustralia [quote]steel driving hammer wrote:
Wonder what Mick thinks...

fuck what mickthinks....

let's go to atlantic city
09-12-03 01:42 PM
Factory Girl I've seen him live 3 times. Yes, he's good live. I don't need to see him again.

Is he still pretending to be "blue-collar Jersey Bruce"?
09-12-03 02:02 PM
stonedinaustralia fg - he'd better not be

i heard he was insisting that through his small audience shows no one could make a sound least they disturb the artiste and his adoring fans...that's nonsense to me

meet me in atlantic city!...one more time...!